You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I lost a flip.

Moley77Small blind£1.00£1.00£607.54IOWNEDYOUBig blind£2.00£3.00£198.00 Your hole cards
J
J
   adzo09wyatRaise£6.00£9.00£357.25CoxyLboroFoldBLADES849Foldcooler82Raise£26.00£35.00£57.49Moley77FoldIOWNEDYOURaise£44.00£79.00£154.00adzo09wyatAll-in£357.25£436.25£0.00cooler82All-in£57.49£493.74£0.00IOWNEDYOUAll-in£154.00£647.74£0.00adzo09wyatUnmatched bet£163.25£484.49£163.25IOWNEDYOUShow
K
A
adzo09wyatShow
J
J
cooler82Show
K
A
Flop  
Q
J
   Turn  
   River  
   cooler82WinStraight to the Ace£125.27£125.27IOWNEDYOUWinStraight to the Ace£357.42£357.42

Comments

• edited October 2013
    cooler wins  

found that bit funny cooler of a hand 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking:
    cooler wins   found that bit funny cooler of a hand 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

UNreal im telling ya!!!
  • edited October 2013
    You're still only like 60% to win when you get it in pre, not a huge amount better than flipping. QJT might seem like a cruel way but it's actually good.

If they hit an ace or a king, you're drawing to 2 outs (2 jacks)

On this flop, you're drawing to 2 jacks, 3 queens, 3 tens, and whatever comes on the turn, 3 of them as well.
  • edited October 2013
    Difficult to read the original post, but it looks like it was a standard flip AKvJJ with the AK getting there by way of a flopped straight.

You need to be aware that getting there that way is factored into the odds being roughly 50-50
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking:
    You're still only like 60% to win when you get it in pre, not a huge amount better than flipping. QJT might seem like a cruel way but it's actually good. If they hit an ace or a king, you're drawing to 2 outs (2 jacks) On this flop, you're drawing to 2 jacks, 3 queens, 3 tens, and whatever comes on the turn, 3 of them as well.
    Posted by Lambert180

Not guna lie they have better hands - yes if they hit but the way it happened all in pre - then that flop to happen it just amazes me! and most times on here the board pairs n typically it didnt!!! Just the way it is! 
  • edited October 2013
    It's a bit rough, but you're going to flop a straight once in 130 times (ish).
  • edited October 2013
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited October 2013
    lesson learnt really never play a hand against cooler 

there will be a cooler :)
  • edited October 2013
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You do seem to enjoy trolling. I noticed you posted in Ivanovics thread  just to correct me with an error I made without even offering the OP any advice on his hand. If you haven't got something constructive to say, perhaps best to say nothing at all eh?

Anyway fella (OP), just a cooler, dust yourself off and carry on getting it in good. You were unlucky that's all and like Lambert said you still had a redraw 7 outs on the flop makes you ~29% to win.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking : You do seem to enjoy trolling. I noticed you posted in another thread that I commented in just to correct me with something without even offering the OP any advice on his hand. Anyway fella (OP), just a cooler, dust yourself off and carry on getting it in good. You were unlucky that's all and like Lambert said you still had a redraw 7 outs on the flop makes you ~29% to win.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Wouldnt say its trolling.

There are so many of these threads that pop up - it gets boring.  The OP isnt looking for advice... he's just having a go at sky cause he lost one hand.

And in truth... lets be honest... noone cares.
  • edited October 2013
    I lost a flip :'( 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking : Wouldnt say its trolling. There are so many of these threads that pop up - it gets boring.  The OP isnt looking for advice... he's just having a go at sky cause he lost one hand. And in truth... lets be honest... noone cares.
    Posted by gazza127
    Granted it gets boring so why bother to comment in it? just ignore the thread altogether. (I don't mean you, I mean the 'zzzzzzzz' comment.)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking : Granted it gets boring so why bother to comment in it? just ignore the thread altogether.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Cause if the only responses OP gets is' 'unlucky' or whatever then they'l just post again the next time it happens.  Its just attention seeking.

There are loads of these kind of threads that clog up the forum.  Go post it in BBV where it belongs.  Or better yet just get over it.

• edited October 2013
    @ OP - Cool story bro.
  • edited October 2013

When you faced a cold 4-bet over the big 3-bet, were you not concerned that you were beat?

Without providing specific dynamics with your opponents, that's the question we should be asking.

If one of them shows up with QQ-AA, are we still blaming Sky Poker?

• edited October 2013

I do feel for the OP, but this is poker, it happens.

But to include in the Thread Title "....done by Sky's pathetic system" is unfair Mr Adzo.

What "system"? This is how a deck of cards works, this is poker, this is why anyone can win, or lose.

A 60/40 shot will lose 4 times in 10. That is quite a high percentage. We should be happy to lose 4 times in 10 when we win 6 times in 10, right?

You were about 60-40 to win, but lost. That's hardly "shocking" in the greater scheme of things, is it?

Hope you have a better day today, & you will give some thought to changing the thread title. The Business will never be rude to its players, but it ought to be a two way street, don't you think?

It does happen, you know & we all get a little frustrated with poker, whether we play here, 'Stars, 888 or wherever. Today we run bad, tomorrow we run good. Is Sky's "system" pathetic when we run good? Probably not.....;)

Run better today Adzo!

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking : You do seem to enjoy trolling. I noticed you posted in Ivanovics thread  just to correct me with an error I made without even offering the OP any advice on his hand. If you haven't got something constructive to say, perhaps best to say nothing at all eh? Anyway fella (OP), just a cooler, dust yourself off and carry on getting it in good. You were unlucky that's all and like Lambert said you still had a redraw 7 outs on the flop makes you ~29% to win.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Whats your beef? 

These threads, that pop up all too often, are boring. Hence the z's.

I didn't offer advice to Ivan on his cash hand as he's a much better player than me and I mostly stick to tournaments. Me offering advice to one of the best middle stakes cash players on Sky would be foolish no? But I noticed what you put was incorrect so pointed it out.

Twice you've called me a troll or accused me of trolling. You need to have a better grasp of what a 'troll' is.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Typical as usual im out done by sky's pathetic system wp!!! Odds on this flop please? Shocking : Whats your beef?  These threads, that pop up all too often, are boring. Hence the z's. I didn't offer advice to Ivan on his cash hand as he's a much better player than me and I mostly stick to tournaments. Me offering advice to one of the best middle stakes cash players on Sky would be foolish no? But I noticed what you put was incorrect so pointed it out. Twice you've called me a troll or accused me of trolling. You need to have a better grasp of what a 'troll' is.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

A troll is someone who has nothing constructive to say other than to make pointless posts. If you don't like someone's thread then don't comment or even bother reading it. No beef or chicken with you. Anything else to say regarding this just send me a pm as it's not relevant to the thread.