You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** New Software Tournament Freerolls Running Today (Wednesday 9th Oct)***

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
We are running some freerolls again today which are using the new software, feel free to have a play and leave us your feedback here with any issues seen or suggestions.

We've made some tweaks and fixes based on yesterday's trials - i'll post a bit more on this in a moment.
Please see below for the schedule
TournamentGameStartPlayer CapNotes
£50 New FreerollHoldem14:00150Freezeout/ Late Reg 15 mins
£50 New FreerollHoldem15:00250Freezeout/ Late Reg 15 mins
£50 New FreerollHoldem15:30300Freezeout/ Late Reg 15 mins
£50 New FreerollHoldem16:00500Timed (30 mins)/Late Reg 10 mins

Best Wishes

Adam

Comments

• edited October 2013

Thanks very much to those of you who played yesterday's freerolls and gave feedback we've made the following changes which are effective today

1) We've corrected the bet slider to now always increase/decrease in big blind increments relevant to the current level, which increases as the tournament progresses.

Yesterday this was incorrectly remaining on the opening blind level of the tournament. Obviously this was not intended to work this way as it meant the slider was useless later in the tournament! 

The bet slider can be incremented in Big Blinds in numerous ways

A) Click to the left (decrease) or right (increase) of the slider's current position
    B) Click the + or - buttons either side of the slider bar.
    C) Scroll your mouse wheel Up/Down (You need focus on the betting panel section of the table for this to be active, to prevent accidents)
    D) Up/Down arrow keys on your keyboard (You need focus on the betting panel section of the table for this to be active, to prevent accidents)

2) We have resolved the issues with the pre-flop quickbet buttons not working

Some of you were reporting the 2BB, 3BB, 4BB buttons werent working preflop, even when it was a valid 'raise to' amount. The problem was caused by point 1 above and is now resolved.

3) We've added 'Pot' to the pre-flop Quickbet buttons, this has replaced the '2 BB' option which was effectively redundant.

This change is effective across cash games too using the new software, including hold'em and Omaha.

More to follow on what we are doing in response to other comments left yesterday.

Kind Regards

Adam

• edited October 2013
    It's still got the "Waiting to join new table" or whatever it is bug when you get moved, The message stays there and even though you've got cards, you are unable to play them - I missed a hand with pocket Queens because of this. The only thing you can do is close the table and let it re-open and then you get the betting options back.
  • edited October 2013
    Just played and got a couple of things:

1. I much prefer the "Game Info" format on the old tables , clear and concise in one window, you don't have to scroll down to see all the info.

2. Just a general thing about the colour & fonts.
        The table word "Pot" & the actual value of chips on the table seem a lot fainter than on the old tables.
        Same with the Chat box , everything seems very faint.

3. When i bust someone from the table , the table balancing happened before i saw who or what hand had won.

That's about it for now but its looking good.

Cheers

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: ** New Software Tournament Freerolls Running Today (Wednesday 9th Oct)***:
    It's still got the "Waiting to join new table" or whatever it is bug when you get moved, The message stays there and even though you've got cards, you are unable to play them - I missed a hand with pocket Queens because of this. The only thing you can do is close the table and let it re-open and then you get the betting options back.
    Posted by FCHD
    +1, I had the same issue and bizarrely when I was eliminated in 7th a message popped up telling me that seat was taken! Like others I like the new software but prefer the old table layout (3 top and bottom). Being able to re-size the table is the biggest advantage for me as I don't then need glasses!
  • edited October 2013
    Thanks guys for the feedback, all very useful comments.

The 'Waiting to join new table' issue after balancing is our top priority to resolve at the moment.

Have you noticed that you can load hand history by clicking the hand number (current or last) at the top of the table. It can also be launched by clicking the hand number in the chat box.

If any of you are using the web browser version, then you can resize the window responsively to any shape that suits, which moves some of the table elements around and enlarges the chat box area, this includes the game info tab, see below for an example in chrome Vespa.

On the download client, we offer traditional table resizing, which locks the aspect ratio as you resize the window, but in the future we will adapt the download client to also offer the responsive style.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave feedback, we'll let you know once we are ready to run the next freerolls.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited October 2013
    Cheers Adam

I usually use the D/L client but wiill give it a go through the browser.