You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Please remove some of the bounty hunters

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
I understand there is a really high demand for BHs on sky, but I beleive if there aint more regular mtts added this is going to drive alot of regs away from the site, me for sure... and as on all poker sites the regs provide the most rake for the site, I have just looked at the tourney schedule and there is 3 regular mtts and these are microstakes deepstacks and a couple of timed tourneys, between 1pm and 5 pm there is 17 Bhs yes thats right 17, I love value as much as the next guy but when your surrounded by 5 stations the varience is sky high and you need to run golden to go deep, I understand sky rnt going to be botherd if I leave this site for good but if alot of the regs start following suit then it becomes a big problem.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    More of the £22 deepstacks and £11 rebuys and i'll be happy.

They can have as many bounty hunters on here as they want... i don't mind.

If there was 2 £22 deepstacks a night and 2 £11 rebuys a night with guarentees up top i'd be more than happy.

Even an £11 deepstack added would be nice if people dont want a second at the same entry price.

• edited October 2013
    Yeah ore rebuys ie £11 and try a weekly £22 rebuy ftw
    Also make a main a £55 deep stack ftw
  • edited October 2013
    Good MTT regs like stations, they like weak players, they like people going all in with complete trash.

Can't see any good regs wanting to leave Sky because of the BHs. They might play 4-5 MTTs on here and 4-5 on another site, but can't see any leaving.
  • edited October 2013

Why should Sky remove the most popular tournaments and put in less popular replacements?

It's a bit like asking Tesco to make the bread and dairy aisles smaller and use the space to sell extra socks.

More of the sort of tournaments you're suggesting have been tried between 1-00pm and 5-00pm in the past more than once. They failed to attract enough runners to be sustained, the players prefered to enter the Bounty Hunters.

Whether you like it or not the majority of MTT players on Sky prefer Bounty Hunters at all buy-ins, there simply isn't enough interest in deepstacks and freezeouts to make it worthwhile putting more in the schedule at times of the day when site traffic is low.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Please remove some of the bounty hunters:
    [QUOTE there simply isn't enough interest in deepstacks and freezeouts to make it worthwhile putting more in the schedule at times of the day when site traffic is low.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

in the old schedule, the 1pm 50gtd (3.30bi) majority of the time smashed its gtd and mostly 5 got paid. looking at the new tourney they replaced it with (£100 gtd, 5.50bi), havent seen more than 30 players in it meaning only paying 3 at the best of times so interest can be there depending on the BI's.

• edited October 2013
    Yeah ore rebuys ie £11 and try a weekly £22 rebuy ftw Also make a main a £55 deep stack ftw
    Posted by macapaca
    +1

£22 Rebuy
    £55 Deepstack
    £55 rebuy once a week - this would be sssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccck
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Please remove some of the bounty hunters : +1 £22 Rebuy £55 Deepstack £55 rebuy once a week - this would be sssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccck
    Posted by RyanC7
    £55 rebuy once a week would defo be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccckkkkkkkk BIG +1
  • edited October 2013
    I've been asking about a daily £8.80 Freezeout £400 Gtd which I have been told they are looking into. This would easily smash its Guarantee if placed between 7:30-9:30pm and have a 3,000 starting stack.
  • edited October 2013
    havnt played here for a month now, bounty hunter craze being a huge part in that to be honest. i hope it changes into a good site for mtts one day but i wont hold my breath.
  • edited October 2013
    Good MTT regs like stations, they like weak players, they like people going all in with complete trash. Can't see any good regs wanting to leave Sky because of the BHs. They might play 4-5 MTTs on here and 4-5 on another site, but can't see any leaving.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Tbh mate I am a good reg and im debating leaving, grinding bounty hunters is litrally like playing bingo at times, there is no enjoyment for me att all, just saying i beleive other regs will feel the same 
  • edited October 2013
    I don't think that any of the bounty hunters should go. I wouldn't want anyone to lose a tourney they enjoyed playing. 
    HOWEVER
    The bigger picture is the dearth of decent MTT's on sky. The 12pm guar and 2pm rebuy were removed so there is 1 left throughout the day. The 7.30pm is doing ok, so can we please have a 6.30pm and 8.30pm? to give us MTT grinders something to play. As per the post above the 8.80 freezeout at 8.30 would be perfect! I play anything from £3.30-£11.00.
    The guys looking for £55 and £55 rebuys are likely to be even more disappointed than me! Unless there are sats to these and TK flogs it on the TV history tells us these are destined to fail....sad but true.
    I play BH too, but it's not my first choice but at least the structures are good.
    Satellite structures are poor imo (don90 likes them) if your an old man like me and like proper poker!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Please remove some of the bounty hunters : Tbh mate I am a good reg and im debating leaving, grinding bounty hunters is litrally like playing bingo at times, there is no enjoyment for me att all, just saying i beleive other regs will feel the same 
    Posted by K8LOU
    I don't think anyone desputes your record on sky. 

What i normally do is i play over 5 sites, i play the half past bhs on sky. i think its a quality game. 

Also in reply to the above comment, i love the sats :) 
  • edited October 2013
    I would be perfectly happy for sky to add some decent regular mtts throughout the day, For me there is none at all, I dont mind if they leave the Bhs just give us abit of choice, but thats what I have started doing Don, I play on another 2 sites now link my laptop up to the tele and I can get a decent amount of volume in.
  • edited October 2013
    I would be perfectly happy for sky to add some decent regular mtts throughout the day, For me there is none at all, I dont mind if they leave the Bhs just give us abit of choice,.
    Posted by K8LOU
    I don't think that any of the bounty hunters should go. I wouldn't want anyone to lose a tourney they enjoyed playing.  HOWEVER The bigger picture is the dearth of decent MTT's on sky. like proper poker!
    Posted by skicowboys
    More of the £22 deepstacks and £11 rebuys and i'll be happy. They can have as many bounty hunters on here as they want... i don't mind.
    Posted by gazza127
    The problem is there is already TOO MANY tournaments in the lobby.

Adding more will not work, it just splits up the player pools so you end up with lots of small tournaments. Formats that might have worked otherwise have been tried and failed because of the clutter in the lobby.

Tournaments need to be removed, to give the remaining ones a better chance of succeeding.

To be fair to sky, they have stated on here recently that this is their intention. They are trying to clean up the lobby to give the tournaments that remain, the best chance of being successful.

Asking for more and more tournaments on here constantly wont help them, it will have a negative effect on the schedule, unless they've finally got it and decide to stop trying to please every single person and do what's best for the site long term.

• edited October 2013
    There are some glaring bits of the MTT daytime schedule that need looking at (just using the "Regular" filter, so excludes Bounty Hunters & Satellites)

For instance, today there is a deep stack freezeout at 16:20, then no more Hold'em freezeouts until 19:10 when the Orfordable deep stack starts, followed five minutes later by another deep stack.

There is a Rebuy at 14:35, then the next rebuy isn't until 17:00,  followed by another rebuy at 17:20 (and the next MTT is another rebuy at 18:30)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Please remove some of the bounty hunters:
    I understand there is a really high demand for BHs on sky, but I beleive if there aint more regular mtts added this is going to drive alot of regs away from the site, me for sure... and as on all poker sites the regs provide the most rake for the site, I have just looked at the tourney schedule and there is 3 regular mtts and these are microstakes deepstacks and a couple of timed tourneys, between 1pm and 5 pm there is 17 Bhs yes thats right 17, I love value as much as the next guy but when your surrounded by 5 stations the varience is sky high and you need to run golden to go deep, I understand sky rnt going to be botherd if I leave this site for good but if alot of the regs start following suit then it becomes a big problem.
    Posted by K8LOU
    I'm with you on this one mate but think you're probably going about it the wrong way to ask for the Bounty Hunters to be removed. I don't like the Bounty Hunters myself because they just play too fast and shallow but if they are popular enough then obviously they have to stay. That's OK with me so long as there are enough Deepstacks in the schedule aswell so that we are given the choice.

It is a little better now that there ia a £22 Deepstack at 7.30pm every night and I think the 9pm £11 rebuy is now running on Fridays and Saturdays so hopefully these will be well supported and remain in the schedules. The best thing about these tournaments is that even when you pay your reg you know you can settle in for a good evenings play and even when you dont cash the deep stack and slower structure means you feel like you have at least got your money's worth (as opposed to the Bounty Hunters with a 2000 chip stack which very quickly just become an all in fest).
  • edited October 2013
    To pick up on what Matt8 said: why are bounty hunter tournaments so shallow? I mean, it would be entirely feasible to have a deep stack bounty hunter tournament with a longer structure.

Perhaps this is a good compromise?
  • edited October 2013
    To pick up on what Matt8 said: why are bounty hunter tournaments so shallow? I mean, it would be entirely feasible to have a deep stack bounty hunter tournament with a longer structure. Perhaps this is a good compromise?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Huh.  I'll admit the thought never even crossed my mind having a deepstack BH.  Would be interesting to give it a go.
  • edited October 2013
    Been said before - if your shop sold 1000 bananas and 500 apples a day, would you restock more on apples or bananas

what I would say is this shop has too much choice, remove some of the items that only a few people buy like sardines !
  • edited October 2013
    Im glad they got this many bh"s i love the action and am not one to play deepstacks or anything that is gunna go on for so long.

So to be honest i hope sky dont remove any of them as there is more players who play for the thrill and action than there is regs so this isnt gunna happen for sure.
  • edited October 2013
    Been said before - if your shop sold 1000 bananas and 500 apples a day, would you restock more on apples or bananas what I would say is this shop has too much choice, remove some of the items that only a few people buy like sardines !
    Posted by rancid
    Yeah but if you got rid of the fish there'd be no value.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Please remove some of the bounty hunters : Yeah but if you got rid of the fish there'd be no value.
    Posted by MATT8
    Exactly! And the word is all the 'fish' play BHs. All people ever seem to say is 'oh he called my shove with J5o and got there!' etc etc.

So obv the fish like them, and any good reg should like them for this exact reason (them being 'full of fish')