You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash tables not opening

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Using the online version on chrome (and am using a chromebook) and when I put myself on the waiting list of tables, I notice that very often the table just doesn't load up when there's a seat for me, because I look again later and I'm no longer on the wating list. Tournaments will load fine, this just seems to happen on cash tables?
Oh yeah this has happened to me on a normal computer as well. I think I might have figured out the problem - I was viewing the omaha lobby at the time and was on the waiting list for holdem tables... so maybe when in one lobby tables don't open in the other?! For cash anyway - tournaments always load fine regardless. 

Comments

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Cash tables not opening:
    Using the online version on chrome (and am using a chromebook) and when I put myself on the waiting list of tables, I notice that very often the table just doesn't load up when there's a seat for me, because I look again later and I'm no longer on the wating list. Tournaments will load fine, this just seems to happen on cash tables? Oh yeah this has happened to me on a normal computer as well. I think I might have figured out the problem - I was viewing the omaha lobby at the time and was on the waiting list for holdem tables... so maybe when in one lobby tables don't open in the other?! For cash anyway - tournaments always load fine regardless. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah same prblem on chrome.

Stick with IE... no problems there.
  • edited October 2013
    Firefox works fine as well. It seems to be better (generally) than Internet Explorer. Go with the fox!
  • edited October 2013
    Well unfortunately as I have a chromebook I'm kinda stuck with chrome ;)
  • edited October 2013
    Oops! My bad - didn't realise you weren't able to download any others :(

Not to hijack this thread, but: is Chrome actually good? It's just that I have heard wishy-washy reports from friends about it, and your problems only add to that list of issues it seems.

Hope you find a solution soon.
  • edited October 2013
    Tested this 20 mins ago on Firefox. Went on waiting list for a table, opened up community, came back 20mins later and was now removed from waiting list with seat free. Table did not pop up
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Cash tables not opening:
    Well unfortunately as I have a chromebook I'm kinda stuck with chrome ;)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Hi F I also use a chromebook, if just relaxing in living room watching tele, only probs ive had has been connection 
    which would also happen on my pc. I have had a few times when you know it's just not running right, so deleted my history
    back a few days and that seemed to work, hope this helps.

PS or just format, with chromebook it's so easy to reload everything.
  • edited October 2013
    Hey F_Ivanovic,

Do you have a Hand ID for one of the hands you missed at all? We want to get some examples of this over to Technology to look into....

Thanks.
    Dave
  • edited October 2013
    Hey F_Ivanovic, Do you have a Hand ID for one of the hands you missed at all? We want to get some examples of this over to Technology to look into.... Thanks. Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I haven't missed a hand, I've just missed my seat at the table. It ONLY happens in cash games when I'm on the waiting list for a table. So I click "Go on waiting list" and then sometime later I will go and check and realise I'm no longer on waiting list, but the table never loaded up to tell me that I have a seat reserved.

I can't be 100% sure but it seems to only happen when I'm not in the lobby. So if I'm browsing the forum or in the omaha lobby instead of the holdem lobby (and I have holdem tables on the waiting list)
  • edited October 2013
    I just tested it out whereby I was in the lobby whilst on the waiting list and the tables loaded fine. So yes, I believe the problem is when you are on the waiting list but not in the lobby.
  • edited October 2013
    Same happens to me all the the time.

Replied on your other thread about when/why.

Though if Sky haven't sorted out yet another glytch (no-one can see my posts) you won't be able to see what I'm typing here either - just as you can't in the other thread (it was me that replied), so I'm just typing away for nothing lol.
  • edited October 2013
    I just tested it out whereby I was in the lobby whilst on the waiting list and the tables loaded fine. So yes, I believe the problem is when you are on the waiting list but not in the lobby.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I have a similar problem but with MTT's. Basically the tourney won't load if I'm elsewhere on the site, then suddenly pops up when I click on the tourney tab.
  • edited October 2013
    Invisible reply
  • edited October 2013
    Invisible reply
  • edited October 2013
    Invisible reply