You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Most annoying thing in poker

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
I never ever critisize another player at the table for making a bad play against me and getting lucky. But the one time that I do find it really really hard not to have a pop is when something like this happens:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
thank_youSmall blind 100.00100.003963.75
BLOXOBig blind 200.00300.005702.50
 Your hole cards

natnat11All-in 307.50607.500.00
F_IvanovicFold    
xCall 307.50915.006327.50
thank_youCall 207.501122.503756.25
BLOXOCall 107.501230.005595.00
Flop

• K
  • A

thank_youCheck    
BLOXOCheck    
xBet 400.001630.005927.50
thank_youCall 400.002030.003356.25
BLOXOFold    
Turn

• K

thank_youCheck    
xBet 800.002830.005127.50
thank_youFold    
xUnmatched bet 800.002030.005927.50
natnat11Show
  • J

xShow

River

natnat11WinPair of Kings1230.00 1230.00
xWinPair of Kings800.00 6727.50
Nothing mor irritating than someone betting into an almost dry side pot with complete air. I know in bounties people like to bet into dry side pots with weak but made holdings (still irritates me but understandable) but just arrrgh! When they do it when certainly behind I just feel like bashing my head against the screen. Maybe they do it on purpose to tilt me!

Comments

• edited October 2013
    you should have called with your 58 mate ;)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Most annoying thing in poker:
    you should have called with your 58 mate ;)
    Posted by gazza127
    hehe, and be tilted more than I was? I wasn't even involved in the pot!!

Anyway I meant to ask a question it wasn't just a rant thread... so, what is everyone else's most annoying thing in poker?
  • edited October 2013
    The stations putting half there stack in with 5 high out of position and getting there!!!!!!!
  • edited October 2013
    HU cash when you get on the wrong end of a cooler and lose your stack and villain instantly stands up!

Totally within their right to but at least give me a shot at getting it back hey??
  • edited October 2013
    Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr some1 saying ty when they win a pot being arrogent when you have even said nh in the chat box, really gets me that 1 !!!
  • edited October 2013
    Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr some1 saying ty when they win a pot being arrogent when you have even said nh in the chat box, really gets me that 1 !!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    noted ;)
  • edited October 2013
    HU cash when you get on the wrong end of a cooler and lose your stack and villain instantly stands up! Totally within their right to but at least give me a shot at getting it back hey??
    Posted by gazza127

Did you win that rebuy the other night gazza ??

• edited October 2013
    I've said this before, but for me, it's when someone writes "Ty" in the chat box after winning a hand. That, or "lol"
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Most annoying thing in poker : Did you win that rebuy the other night gazza ??
    Posted by K8LOU
    Hmmmm rebuy.

I wish I could remember which one you were talking about.  I know I cashed in 3 rebuys recently.

2nd and 3rd in the two different rebuys on the 4th October and 4th on the £11 one on 5th October.  Knowing me I probably lost a big flip to go out....
  • edited October 2013

The thing that annoys me the most is when in live games people berate inexperienced players for making what they think are bad plays or for not putting their chips in correctly etc and generally just making them feel intimidated and uncomfortable.

All this achieves is ensuring that they have a thoroughly miserable time and don't come back.

I've played in many a pub or club game where this happens and then the next week the regulars responsible can be heard complaining about the fact that the game dosn't attract more players.

These people just don't understand that if you are a decent player then the only way you're gonna make any money is by attracting players who are less experienced than you and that requires that you make them feel welcome. If you want them to keep coming back and giving you their money you at least have to make sure they enjoy their night out while they're doing it.

On the flip side I think this is one of the best live tells to look out for.
    You can quickly identify those players than know all the Poker lingo but are obviously not as good as they think they are or they wouldnt't feel the need to mask their own insecurities by criticising other people.
    The regulars who go out of their way to be as inviting and friendly to the less experienced players are usually the ones who have the best game.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Most annoying thing in poker:
    I never ever critisize another player at the table for making a bad play against me and getting lucky. But the one time that I do find it really really hard not to have a pop is when something like this happens: Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance thank_you Small blind   100.00 100.00 3963.75 BLOXO Big blind   200.00 300.00 5702.50   Your hole cards 5 8       natnat11 All-in   307.50 607.50 0.00 F_Ivanovic Fold         x Call   307.50 915.00 6327.50 thank_you Call   207.50 1122.50 3756.25 BLOXO Call   107.50 1230.00 5595.00 Flop     8 K A       thank_you Check         BLOXO Check         x Bet   400.00 1630.00 5927.50 thank_you Call   400.00 2030.00 3356.25 BLOXO Fold         Turn     K       thank_you Check         x Bet   800.00 2830.00 5127.50 thank_you Fold         x Unmatched bet   800.00 2030.00 5927.50 natnat11 Show J 5       x Show 6 7       River     2       natnat11 Win Pair of Kings 1230.00   1230.00 x Win Pair of Kings 800.00   6727.50 Nothing mor irritating than someone betting into an almost dry side pot with complete air. I know in bounties people like to bet into dry side pots with weak but made holdings (still irritates me but understandable) but just arrrgh! When they do it when certainly behind I just feel like bashing my head against the screen. Maybe they do it on purpose to tilt me!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

especially in a DYM when they bluff  players out of the pot and then allow the short-stacked-would-be-bubble-boy to triple up with his J high. grrr.

cheers
    TEDDY

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Most annoying thing in poker : especially in a DYM when they bluff  players out of the pot and then allow the short-stacked-would-be-bubble-boy to triple up with his J high. grrr. cheers TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    Agreed, DYM or a satellite and this is even more tilting! If I saw this happen on a satellite bubble I think I would have to go outside for a 5 minute breather to stop me doing anything stupid!!
  • edited October 2013
    What gets to me most is when you get outdrawn when all in and the vil says "sorry" when you know infront of the screen they are jumping up and down doing cartwheels and shouting
    "YES YES Who's the daddy now, on yr bike etc".
  • edited October 2013
    The traditional slow roll, I haven't been on the end of it for a while but I hate it when I shove and it's gets called just as the time bar runs out and the hand turned over is AA, KK, QQ. (Now I've said this this is sure to happen against me in my next game!)

Agree with most of the mentions on this thread also.
  • edited October 2013
    The thing that annoys me the most is when in live games people berate inexperienced players for making what they think are bad plays or for not putting their chips in correctly etc and generally just making them feel intimidated and uncomfortable. All this achieves is ensuring that they have a thoroughly miserable time and don't come back. I've played in many a pub or club game where this happens and then the next week the regulars responsible can be heard complaining about the fact that the game dosn't attract more players. These people just don't understand that if you are a decent player then the only way you're gonna make any money is by attracting players who are less experienced than you and that requires that you make them feel welcome. If you want them to keep coming back and giving you their money you at least have to make sure they enjoy their night out while they're doing it. On the flip side I think this is one of the best live tells to look out for. You can quickly identify those players than know all the Poker lingo but are obviously not as good as they think they are or they wouldnt't feel the need to mask their own insecurities by criticising other people. The regulars who go out of their way to be as inviting and friendly to the less experienced players are usually the ones who have the best game.
    Posted by MATT8
    Good post Matt
  • edited October 2013
    Players making bad calls with tripe hands and hitting and then trying to explain it off as a "misclick"

Just admit you were fishing fella!!!!! - jeeze :)
  • edited October 2013

"Know it alls" and people who shout "justice"

• edited October 2013
    In live play - folk who ask: "how much you got behind?", because they have heard other folk say it, then fold five minutes later... OR those who try to impress/intimidate you with their chip tricks... OR those wearing massive headphones, dark glasses, and have their basebal cap pulled right down as far as it will go, because they are obviously so poor at the game they need to hide as many of their potential tells as possible.

Online - general chat box abuse from 'kids' who a) wouldn't dream of saying such things to your face, b) LIKE TO USE CAPITALS, c) rarely spell two words in a row correctly, and d) are never very good anyway...
  • edited October 2013
    In a freezeout on the bubble or worse in a satellite, shorty is all in and called by a few, all checking it down until the turn or river and a player over shoves and LOSES to the shorty
  • edited October 2013
    Not much, loving the game at the minute
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    one the most annoying thing for me it actually happened today on my tables.

I got d/c on my tables today when I was on the river, 2 of they tables I was holding the nutz pretty confident was going to stack my opponents.

but after I closed my computer and logged back in hands were finished and checked HH to see that both my opponents had bet allin on river and won the pots,i`m still kinda tilting right now lol.
  • edited October 2013
    Lol Liamboi, that's SO tilting. Had that happen a couple of weeks ago against BigHawk when it got to the river and I was IP. Lucky he checked so while I was d/c it just checked behind and I won, but he said in the chatbox when I got back online that he was thinking about sticking in a small bet on the river... phew!
  • edited October 2013
    In a freezeout on the bubble or worse in a satellite, shorty is all in and called by a few, all checking it down until the turn or river and a player over shoves and LOSES to the shorty
    Posted by Boxster
    Similar to what I said then! However, it depends - what did the player tha overshoved have? If he had a genuine made hand and still lost then it's a good chance no-one had a hand that beat the shorty anyway, so him shoving made no difference. If (in the situation I showed) it was a complete bluff and one of you had a hand that could have won then yes that would be annoying!
  • edited October 2013
    I've said this before, but for me, it's when someone writes "Ty" in the chat box after winning a hand. That, or "lol"
    Posted by Jac35
    I'm really sorry Jac35 and all - I always thought I was being polite by saying "Ty" in the chat box if someone says nh to me!  I'm not saying "Ty" for the pot - I'm just meaing to acknowledge whoever says nh to me.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Most annoying thing in poker : I'm really sorry Jac35 and all - I always thought I was being polite by saying "Ty" in the chat box if someone says nh to me!  I'm not saying "Ty" for the pot - I'm just meaing to acknowledge whoever says nh to me.
    Posted by IrishRose
    No, you misunderstand me.
    Off course if someone says "nh" then it's fine.

I mean,  when there are no comments and the winner of the hand just writes "Ty" 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Most annoying thing in poker : No, you misunderstand me. Off course if someone says "nh" then it's fine. I mean,  when there are no comments and the winner of the hand just writes "Ty" 
    Posted by Jac35
    bad winners,worse than bad losera
  • edited October 2013
    BH i can understand but the rest i just don't see the point
    i had a hand today in a sat for the main event, i had a pair and their was me and another villain who ganged up on the shorty so after the check on the flop he decides to make a bet on the turn and strangely enough that card which came on the turn was just what the short stack had to make a pair luckily for the aggressor he was behind the shortie already otherwise i would have raised questions on weather he was multi accounting.
    so i just made a comment in the chat box after saying to the guy do you want the villain out or not.
    the hand itself is in the BBV.
    as for myself it did leave me tilted and even worse later in a Omaha DYM some guy didn't have to sense to check the board like the rest so he helped the short stack again win a hand which would have been beat.
  • edited October 2013
    Surely the most annoying thing in poker.. MUST BE..  not being able to play POKER?  Or am I missing something here? Geez! 
  • edited October 2013
    people sitting away     but are not away so when u blind steal they come bk very tilting