You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with tournaments opening, tournaments closing when table breaks and dissconnecting

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Been having some problems with tournaments opening tonight.  Was playing then reliased about 5 minutes in 1 of my tournaments wasnt there.  So went to the lobby opened the tournament and had to click the im back button this happened for 2 of my tournaments.

Then in the 55 bh tournament we were down to the last 3 tables and i had all of the tables open and when 1 of the tables broke  every single 1 of the tables closed with a message saying please be advised you already have this table open.  So i had to go into the tournament lobby and open the table and missed the next hand and click the im back button.

Also at random times i will get the message on the client saying dissconnected or something along them lines and i will miss that hand.  My internet connection is fine tho as the rest of my tables on other sites dont get dissconnected.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    The Sky software is very, VERY, sensitve to any form of blip in your internet service. Before I upgraded our broadband, I would get a disconnection message from Sky at least once an hour, while other internet services (be they other Poker sites, browsing or downloading) showed no intereruption to service at all.
  • edited October 2013
    I get the dc'd message at least once an hour.  Sometimes it comes back on quickly and sometimes can take up to 5 minutes.  I'm usually sitting at alot of tables so I'm praying it comes back asap.

Really feels like a sky problem but I've been told by them it isn't.  Also been ignored my customer service too.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi all,

Firstly, apologies that some of you are coming across this problem. If you wouldn't mind, it would be great to get a bit more info from you.

* Are you playing on the web or download versions of Sky Poker?
    Do you notice is happens more often in particular situations? Bearlyther mentions table balancing for instance.
    * Do you have the Tourney IDs or times of cash games that were affected? 
    Which internet provider do you use?

Thanks in advance folks,
    Dave
  • edited October 2013
    Dave I think it's quite widespread I posted in another thread that that I was having the same problem  in husngs.  The table wouldn't open until a few hands after the tournament had started.  I shut down the dload client, restarted it and had no further problems. However a significant proportion of my oppenents have recently been experiencing the same thing. When they rematch the dont join the table until 4 or 5 hands have been dealt. Seems to happen in clusters.

Im with sky, use firefox and try to play through the download client. Rematch ing seems to be an issue.  It happens in clusters.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY

• edited October 2013
    Thanks Teddy and JD for bringing that to my attention as well. I'll mention that when speaking to the Tech guys.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Problems with tournaments opening, tournaments closing when table breaks and dissconnecting:
    Hi all, Firstly, apologies that some of you are coming across this problem. If you wouldn't mind, it would be great to get a bit more info from you. * Are you playing on the web or download versions of Sky Poker? *  Do you notice is happens more often in particular situations? Bearlyther mentions table balancing for instance. * Do you have the Tourney IDs or times of cash games that were affected?  *  Which internet provider do you use? Thanks in advance folks, Dave
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Hi Dave,

Playing on the download in old version mini view tables.  It seems just to happen ramdonly.  I spoke to cc in chat and they said they would get back to me after referring it to the correct department and I've heard nothing back.  It's so fustrating as I had been on the losing end all night to a certain player, flopped the nuts and then dc'd me.  I realise its not easy to keep the site running smoothly 100% of the time but don't think it would have been to difficult to get back intouch.

Keep up the good work,

Regards DTM

• edited October 2013
    Hey DTM,

Can totally understand why that would be frustrating. We're trying to give the tech folks as much info as possible -do any of you affected have a Hand ID for one which you missed from your Hand History at all?

In terms of CC not getting back to you, I think they are doing the same as us here at the moment, which is giving as much information as possible to Technology to help them look for a remedy. We are certainly looking into this for those of you who have mentioned it on here so thanks for your patience and apologies that no one got back to you already.
  • edited October 2013
    I gave a hand id when I spoke to chat.  I thought that would be enough so I have no idea now.

I'm sure you can get a copy of the chat though.
  • edited October 2013
    OK cool, we'll get that chased up.
  • edited October 2013
    sorry guys not sure if this is related but my lobby seems to be upside down most recent games at the bottom and later at the top.its the same with sng lobby as the tables fill they drop to the bottom rather than move to the top.anyone else having this prob?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Problems with tournaments opening, tournaments closing when table breaks and dissconnecting:
    sorry guys not sure if this is related but my lobby seems to be upside down most recent games at the bottom and later at the top.its the same with sng lobby as the tables fill they drop to the bottom rather than move to the top.anyone else having this prob?
    Posted by DARNIK2005
    try clicking the top where it says players, you can have it where as the most players at a table games are top of the list, if you click it again they will be at the bottom. also at the multi table tournament lobby click status and this will flip them in order of either earliest to latesr or click it again an it will be vice versa. hope this makes some sense and hope it helps

• edited October 2013
    This still has not been resolved! 

For the second time in 2 days through multitabling mtts cash and sngs I have missed a £5 turbo hu sng open to the extent that when I realised it had been running and manually opened it I had 400 chips left. This has now cost me £10.50 and I really am losing the will to claim through customer service.  

How can sky honestly run a promotion that is sng based, when there clearly are issues with software that is fundamental to the success of the next week or is the promo to be renamed sit, lose half your chips and go. 
  • edited October 2013
    I've noticed this as well over the last 4/5 days.  Tables used to pop-up automatically.  Play on web, ISP =Sky,  + Chrome.  Looking at the increase in number of " aways" in the Mtt's I've played I'm guessing it's fairly common??
  • edited October 2013
    I get the table balancing error regularly, particularly when breaking from two tables to final table. Most times I have no cards or buttons and have to quit out of the downloadable client completely before I can get things working again.
  • edited October 2013
    this again was happening too me last night even though i have upated everything i.e flash player and even different browsers
  • edited October 2013
    I've just had this with the 7pm Freeroll, it didn't open while I was on the Community tab, but as soon as I opened the Tournaments tab the tourney opened up.

Using Browser version, through Firefox v24.0
  • edited October 2013
    I've been expereincing this as well... seems to have started with the double points promo.. i just guessed it was because too many sngs running and this is why this kinda promo never done before??? 

I can't play 3 tables of a hu sng at once... I get redic lag, with 2 tables its it bearable and with 1 reduces further and not as bad
  • edited October 2013
    Something has changed  ... HU or MTT are not opening automatically   ... have to go to my tables and launch tournament 
  • edited October 2013
    this is still a major problem!

All night I was checking to see where my tables were! It's really problematic to multitable sng's and mtt's at the same time - you're jumping from the two tabs continuously to see what's happening with tables you've reg'd for to make sure they appear.