You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Orford

It appears the war has been lost.......we must suffer longer at the tyranny of tikayism.

What can we take in this defeat?? We can take Pride that we fought the cleanest fairest battle, we can take pride that we won 1 battle so far and we can laugh at the irony that Team Tikays biggest win was in the luckbox event. We can still win the final battle and send them (retirement)homeward to think again. Lets show them that our 100-strong army can dig deep in the final event and that indeed the true poker players are on our side.

Lets not be dis-heartened and regain pride once again, pride in our leader, pride in our troops, and show the same pride and commitment next week. I for one have turned down a trip offshore just to play in the final event.

Let us congratulate our foe,keep our dignity and strength in the knowledge that most of them wont be around for the next challenge so let them enjoy their luck er glory

Remember your captain needs you and we still wanna see another tikay forfeit!!!!!

Comments

• edited December 2009
    well said general... im behind you 1000%

ORFORDIAN TILL I DIE!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    The tyranny of Tikayism - lol, classic Jaegerbomb.

We fought valiantly against the odds (700 players to 100 players) and I'm proud of our leader and Team Orford's efforts.  Will muster up strength for one last show of defiance against the Tyranny of Tikay next Tuesday.

Once an orford always an Orford ;)

P.S. Well played Team Tikay
  • edited December 2009
    Hi folks,

You've a got a long time to be in the backwaters if you take that attitude.

Now who will Team TK play next, Team x, Team y, Team z etc  bring them on.

Fast forward a couple of years down the line in Team TiKay headquarters.

"TK-shall we give those losers in Team Orford a return.

TK troops- yes lets have a bit of a wind down with another easy victory."

See the light , join our happy band, you deserve a treat!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Can we still not make it best of 7?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Team Orford:
    It appears the war has been lost.......we must suffer longer at the tyranny of tikayism. What can we take in this defeat?? We can take Pride that we fought the cleanest fairest battle, we can take pride that we won 1 battle so far and we can laugh at the irony that Team Tikays biggest win was in the luckbox event. We can still win the final battle and send them (retirement)homeward to think again. Lets show them that our 100-strong army can dig deep in the final event and that indeed the true poker players are on our side. Lets not be dis-heartened and regain pride once again, pride in our leader, pride in our troops, and show the same pride and commitment next week. I for one have turned down a trip offshore just to play in the final event. Let us congratulate our foe,keep our dignity and strength in the knowledge that most of them wont be around for the next challenge so let them enjoy their luck er glory Remember your captain needs you and we still wanna see another tikay forfeit!!!!!
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB
    Is that code for "I wish we'd all joined Team tikay"?

Worry not, applications will be accepted for the next TK-?.

Applicants will need a minimum qualification criteria of having been in a winning TKO Team. That's "winning", not "whining".

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Team Orford:
    In Response to Team Orford : Is that code for "I wish we'd all joined Team tikay"? Worry not, applications will be accepted for the next TK-?. Applicacants will need a minimum qualification criteria of having been in a winning TKO Team. That's "winning", not "whining".
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well i've won a TKO title and i am an official luckbox soooooo does that qualify me to become a Team Tikayer?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Team Orford : Well i've won a TKO title and i am an official luckbox soooooo does that qualify me to become a Team Tikayer?
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    I need to consult with my Management Team & the Team tikay Elders.

We are quite fussy who we have, you know.

And of course, today, all the Orford-ites are busy jumping ship & trying to join my brave & winning Team.
  • edited December 2009
    Ahem..

Just one moment..

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I think that says it all.

xx

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Team Orford : I need to consult with my Management Team & the Team tikay Elders. We are quite fussy who we have, you know. And of course, today, all the Orford-ites are busy jumping ship & trying to join my brave & winning Team.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tripe.

Jaegerbomb you inspire me (and everyone else) to try to be better than we ever thought that we could be.
    We battle against a staggering numerical disadvantage and yet, have still managed to defeat the old brigade in the highly skillful Bounty Hunter.
    We will defeat them in the deepstack and will finish with an aggregate cash victory which, I think, proves all that we need to prove.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Team Orford : Tripe. Jaegerbomb you inspire me (and everyone else) to try to be better than we ever thought that we could be. We battle against a staggering numerical disadvantage and yet, have still managed to defeat the old brigade in the highly skillful Bounty Hunter. We will defeat them in the deepstack and will finish with an aggregate cash victory which, I think, proves all that we need to prove.
    Posted by MereNovice
    well said vince and i look forward to seeing yourself and 4 other Orfordites on the FT next wednesday or thursday