You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Guaranteed tournis what happens

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
this might be a silly question but what happens if only 1 person enters a guaranteed tourni.

ie £100 min prize £10 entry but only 1 enters does the 1 person who enteres win or does it get cancelled and the player refunded

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Guaranteed tournis what happens:
    this might be a silly question but what happens if only 1 person enters a guaranteed tourni. ie £100 min prize £10 entry but only 1 enters does the 1 person who enteres win or does it get cancelled and the player refunded
    Posted by EDKENT123
    I think there's a 5 person minimum or the tourny self cancels ??/ but i'm not sure on that
  • edited December 2009

I think - I'm not sure - that all Tourneys on Sky Poker have a "minimum number" of Runners - usually 1 Table, or 10 Players, & if it fails to make that, it does not run, And if it does, it does.

"Overlay" is not as good a thing as some think, as the money all comes out of the Promotional Budget, so when money is put into Overlays, it means less money is available for other Promotions & suchlike. There is only so much money in the pot, & it has to serve many purposes.

An Online Room started up about 4 or 5 years ago which offered a $100,000 Guarantee DAILY on one Comp. The Overlay averaged $50,000 per day, & it ran for three months.....I, & many others, played it every day, & have never played there since. Money down the drain. Nowadays, the same Site sponsors a duff football Team. More wasted money.....
  • edited December 2009

Last night's £5 Entry £500 Guaranteed Omaha at 21.45 attracted a meagre 34 runners, but it still ran. 

Today, it's been reduced to £250. If it does not attract a reasonable Field, I expect it'll get reduced again.

Who can blame them?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guaranteed tournis what happens:
    I think - I'm not sure - that all Tourneys on Sky Poker have a "minimum number" of Runners - usually 1 Table, or 10 Players, & if it fails to make that, it does not run, And if it does, it does. "Overlay" is not as good a thing as some think, as the money all comes out of the Promotional Budget, so when money is put into Overlays, it means less money is available for other Promotions & suchlike. There is only so much money in the pot, & it has to serve many purposes. An Online Room started up about 4 or 5 years ago which offered a $100,000 Guarantee DAILY on one Comp. The Overlay averaged $50,000 per day, & it ran for three months.....I, & many others, played it every day, & have never played there since. Money down the drain. Nowadays, the same Site sponsors a duff football Team. More wasted money.....
    Posted by Tikay10
    which football team is it mate? dav
  • edited December 2009
    thank you boss

and as i member of team orford

I SALUTE YOU

very well done

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Guaranteed tournis what happens:
    In Response to Re: Guaranteed tournis what happens : which football team is it mate? dav
    Posted by dav1964
    I am afraid you'll have to work that one out yourself Dav, sorry!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Guaranteed tournis what happens:
    this might be a silly question but what happens if only 1 person enters a guaranteed tourni. ie £100 min prize £10 entry but only 1 enters does the 1 person who enteres win or does it get cancelled and the player refunded
    Posted by EDKENT123
    i played in a £50 guaranteed PL mtt against 1 other oponent a month back and lost lol but it still went ahead