You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sats too big games over last week

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
hi all i have played a few of the big games going on this week mainly threw satiliting in  and brought in 1 or 2  but as i look again at the satilites there are flooded with people that have brought into the main game tonight and yes its starting too get annoying so i wont be playing them 

why does sky let this go on spoling the chance for people who want too try sats 

other sites dont allow this too go on

id like too no what other think

Comments

• edited October 2013
    It's the same old story with this, I'm afraid.

If they weren't good players, you'd welcome them into the satellite with open arms because they would improve your chances.

Just on a side note; you should always buy into the main event first anyway, unless the satellite is going to pay out during late reg of the main. If you want to de-reg from the main after satelliting in, you can't (without going through a fuss with customer care) and you never know when the mother-in-law is going to drop by to ruin your evening.
  • edited October 2013
    There is 100% no problem with people satellite grinding. I play bounty hunters during the day (when actually playing) and they are often riddled with the same players over and over again. Should i keep playing them? 

When i look at a cash table several are filled with the same players, should this continue? 

Maybe i just shouldn't play poker to avoid these people? 
  • edited October 2013
    Of course other sites allow it because there's no real way to stop it. The difference being most sites offer tournament tickets so you don't have to go through the thing of regging first, winning the seat, de-regging.

It's perfectly fine, it's basically just a game where the top 20% get 5x their BI or in a 1in10 the top 10% get 10x their BI, the fact it happens to be via winning entry to an MTT is irrelevant.

Also, these people are needed or your chance of getting a seat disappears. All these supersats guaranteeing 5 seats... say it's 1in5 so it need 25 to meet the guarantee, do you think Sky would continue to run it if 10 people turned up for every game? If the games get massive overlay, Sky will simply stop running them, then no1 gets a chance.
  • edited October 2013
    well some good comments there so far  thanks 

when you reg for a  game a small % goes too sky ?

ever since sky raised there  limits on games  the people turn up  massive numbers in  most events   look t 20k game 500 plus so surely sky benifit either way   ? plus as too no wy too stop people playing sats after reg for main game there must be or it wouldnt be on other sites im not sayin they all do it but  1 i have played on did 

mr lambert you  seem like a numbers  guy im not lol so  i can see your point though ? we can either take a chance in the sats others  already have brought in  or risk sky putting sats up too cover costs of everyone that buys in  main  games that cant play sats if they stop 

mr borinloner   i didnt say what class of player was  in them lol  too me if ur good or  bad  doesnt matter   as too buying in main games already there are many people  im sure that cant do that  who play for fun 20 quid here and there you know 

mr don90  satilites are differnet  from bh main games ? i think there put there for  people too get in cheap for bigger games    dont you  think ? like above  some people cant afford  55  110   pounds entry  

• edited October 2013
    25.900  in prize fund for 20k primo  total with tax on games  28.490

thats with out all the satilites that have been run ? im not sure of all skys  costs but  i would like too see  sky cut costs of big game satilites i think either way they would make money  as proffit on that  1 game alone is 2.590

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: sats too big games over last week:
    mr don90  satilites are differnet  from bh main games ? i think there put there for  people too get in cheap for bigger games    dont you  think ? like above  some people cant afford  55  110   pounds entry  
    Posted by vegasman
    For what its worth not these sats just now but in the past i have grinded alot of sats. Like yourself i cant afford a £55 or £110 buy in, which for me is why grinding these sats are good