You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I never know what to do....

edited October 2013 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £33.85
 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £61.52
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £38.86
ClintonH83 Raise  £1.60 £2.50 £12.73
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  £1.00 £3.50 £37.86
Flop

Check     
ClintonH83 Bet  £1.75 £5.25 £10.98
 All-in  £37.86 £43.11 £0.00
ClintonH83 Fold     
 Muck     
 Win  £6.65  £6.65
 Return  £36.11 £0.35 £42.76
I never know what to do in these situations it such a head Messer!!!!? Flush draw? Set? Bluff? ARRRRRRRGH

Comments

• edited October 2013
    This is where reads, notes and history help ;)

This is an easy snap vs some players, and a sigh fold vs others.

If this hand took place after 11pm on a Friday or Saturday though, never fold! 
  • edited October 2013
    There was a hand recently posted on here, vilian shoved on a 2 to a flush board, i felt it was prob a call cause it looked so much like a flush draw. They had a set.

Nothing wrong with folding here, but given our stack i would probably call here. In saying that, it depends a lot on how the opponent has been playing.

• edited October 2013
    It was Donttellmum? I've not played with them a lot but the few hours I did he didn't seem over agg or lose?

I reckon my imagine is pretty tight so he must of known I had an over pair to the board? I felt it was a set trying to look like a flush draw?
  • edited October 2013
    that's my image*
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: I never know what to do....:
    There was a hand recently posted on here, vilian shoved on a 2 to a flush board, i felt it was prob a call cause it looked so much like a flush draw. They had a set. Nothing wrong with folding here, but given our stack i would probably call here. In saying that, it depends a lot on how the opponent has been playing.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Top set too :(

FWIW I raise more pre... circa £2.
  • edited October 2013
    If your image is tight then you are pretty much locked in to be on a range of AK or big pair.

Villains range is a little wider with the open raise and call and could have hit the flop big time.

Villain could have trips or flush draw, possibly a str8 although I think they would played that cuter, or complete air.

You don't have notes on villain but you do know that your image is tight and therefore villain can expect to push you off the hand.

Smells like a bluff with outs to a flush draw to me - still a brave call without player specific reads though.

edit:Could be that the villain thinks that will be your reasoning and they have a set like above example
  • edited October 2013
    If your folding QQ here then you don't really have a hand in your range that can call his shove other than maybe AKhh. Considering we are only 65bbish deep at the start I don't think I can fold here now. A lot of draws in his range + he might be shoving JJ's or TT's.
  • edited October 2013

I was at the table when this hand went down, and I reckon against a lot of players I'm wary of a set, but as it was DTM I am prepared to get it in, still fairly sure I'm ahead at this point. I would put him on any sort of overcard combo, and I think he decided he was going to go all in before the flop came down, regardless of the texture. He could have anything here, but I very much doubt you were behind.

• edited October 2013
    Yah, it's very player dependent.

If DTM thinks you can make big laydowns with overpairs for your stack, this is likely to be a semi-bluff. If he thinks you can't make big laydowns this is probably a set.

Since it's DTM, and he plays so many tables, I would think it's doubtful that he has brilliant reads on you as an individual, unless you've actually played hundreds of hands with him. In a vacuum, then, it looks more like a semi-bluff than a big value hand.

Though, to be fair, your pre-flop 3-bet is a bit small and he may think it's indicative of a big hand.

Sit with 100BB and 3-bet to a more standard size, until you've got particular history and dynamic with villains.