You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timed SNGs - For anyone who likes playing Timed MTTs

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
This week is a good week to get some going with double points. I know the MTT versions of these are popular. 

They rarely get going but lets give it a whirl. 

Comments

• edited October 2013

Just had a look in the STT Lobby - never seen so many players there on a Monday morning!

I'll be getting on the PLO8 DYM's later today, & if there are not enough players, I might give the PLO ones a whirl, too.

Too good an opportunity to miss, this. The STT boys often complain they don't get much love, so I hope they all fill their boots this week! 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Timed SNGs - For anyone who likes playing Timed MTTs:
    Just had a look in the STT Lobby - never seen so many players there on a Monday morning! I'll be getting on the PLO8 DYM's later today, & if there are not enough players, I might give the PLO ones a whirl, too.   Too good an opportunity to miss, this. The STT boys often complain they don't get much love, so I hope they all fill their boots this week! 
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tikay Is there no chance of doing anything to promote stts on a regular basis ?? I am a mtt player but I would like to grind some stts from time to time and dyms bore me, what happened to the classic stt that fills up in a few minutes ayyyy, is there no promo to promote stts on a more permenant basis ??? 

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Timed SNGs - For anyone who likes playing Timed MTTs:
    In Response to Re: Timed SNGs - For anyone who likes playing Timed MTTs : Hi Tikay Is there no chance of doing anything to promote stts on a regular basis ?? I am a mtt player but I would like to grind some stts from time to time and dyms bore me, what happened to the classic stt that fills up in a few minutes ayyyy, is there no promo to promote stts on a more permenant basis ??? 
    Posted by K8LOU
    It's a bit chicken & egg to be honest, K8.

Promos need to be mostly targeted at where the bulk of the traffic is, which is Cash Games. They form by far the largest slice of the traffic pie. 

Next up, fairly equal, are MTT's & STT's, which even added together barely equal half of the Cash traffic. On all sites, cash is the biggest area of traffic.

You could argue, of course, that more STT Promos would boost STT Traffic, & you'd be right, but it'd likely be at the expense of other formats. 

It is much more time & cost efficient to use Promo resource on the formats where there is most business, which, really, I suppose, is a statement of the obvious.....;). 

Whenever a Promo is run, the "other" players always complain "what about us?", so this month, ALL formats have a bit of bonus, which must help.

It is, more than you can begin to imagine, hard to please everyone.

Anyway, if the liquidiy on STT's responds enough this week, maybe they will do more STT stuff.