You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournaments on the new software - today from 2pm

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Afternoon all,

Following on from the first few tournaments run on the new software last week, we are running some additional tournaments this afternoon as a continuation of the trial.

The first tournament is in the lobby called '£50 New Freeroll' and capped at 200 players. As you can see, we are testing a variety of different formats here, with the last two being £2 entry Bounty Hunter tournaments. We do reserve the right to alter the times but this should be a pretty good idea of what will be available today.

Time

Tournament

Notes

Player Cap

14:00

£50 New Timed FR

Timed Late Reg

14:30

£50 New Freeroll

Rebuys & Addon

15:00

£2k Mini New FR

Rebuys & Addon satellite

15:30

£50 New Timed FR

Timed Late Reg

16:00

£50 Added B/H

£50 Added  Bounty Hunter (£2 + 0)

16:30

£50 Added B/H

£50 Added  Bounty Hunter (£2 + 0)

We do not currently support Internet Explorer 8 in the new software, IE8 users who register for this tournament will still be able to launch these tournaments in the old software if they wish.

Other bugs which were mentioned last week have all been resolved. Do let us know if you come across anything in these tournaments -we're really looking for your feedback and any comments you might have.

Thanks,
Dave

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Played the 2pm timed not that i lasted long,worked ok but but found graphics & table info impossible to follow.:-(

• edited October 2013
    What did you find difficult? Was it the layout? Colours?...
  • edited October 2013
    Hard to follow action who's betting & what.
    Also does an away player say away?Sure i had one at table but did not say.
  • edited October 2013
    The "Game Info" tab needs serious looking at. Get the Hand history off there and on to a separate tab, and re-orgranise the other info so all the data you need to know is available without having to scroll down, and not in white on a blue patch either.

For the timed tournament, there needs to be a live countdown during the last level of how long is left (much like there is a countdown to the next blind level)

Otherwise it's just the same old things, the seating layout is poor compared to the old tables, and there is just too much blue going on.
  • edited October 2013
    I don't understand the issue people have with the seat layout. Someone explain to me in terms my little brain can cope with. :)

I honestly think the new software is an awful lot better than the old. Maybe people are just used to the old software and need time to adapt? I dunno.

There is a lot of blue, though. lol
  • edited October 2013
    Just played the boumty hunter.

When somebody is eliminated, there is a pop up box that appears over the chat box with the info on.
    This info is already shown in the chat box so why replicate it over the top.
    And you have to manually close it every time.
    If you have to have it, can it not close itself like the blind level info does.

As said before by others (and me),  too much blue.