You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Raising 8pm Main Event Guarantees!!!

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
I just clicked like on this thread. :-)

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Hi Everybody,

As i'm sure you know, last week we ran a Double Tournament Guarantee promotion on our 8pm Main Event each day. This promotion ran from Monday 7th October to Sunday 13th October.

Considering the success of this promotion we have decided to raise our 8pm Main Event tournament guarantees to the amounts described below*:

Day

Tournament

Old Guarantee

New Guarantee

Monday

Bounty Hunter

£8,000

£10,000

Tuesday

Turbo Open

£4,000

£5,000

Wednesday

Rebuy Open

£4,000

£6,000

Thursday

Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

£12,000

£15,000

Friday

Bounty Hunter

£8,000

£10,000

Saturday

Bounty Hunter

£8,000

£10,000

Sunday

Primo

£10,000

£20,000

These changes start tonight with a £10,000 Bounty Hunter at 8pm. Satellites are in the Lobby now!

Enjoy and Good Luck on the tables!

*Tournament guarantees remain subject to fluctuation and have the potential to change on certain days.
  • edited October 2013
    Very good news :)
  • edited October 2013
    There's a danger that tomorrow's main won't be too popular.

Most of the country will be watching England. Some will be cheering for Poland, but they'll still be watching.

I also think that this might not be ambitious enough. I would guess that a big part of last week's success was the expectation of significant overlay. That won't be present so much this week, with these (mostly) modest increases on the guarantees.

I hope it does improve the numbers, obviously. It's good to see the Primo keeping the double guarantee.
  • edited October 2013

I think tomorrow's Turbo will definitely hit the target required.

If it doesn't, I'll throw in the extra grand myself!

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Raising 8pm Main Event Guarantees!!!:
    Hi Everybody, As i'm sure you know, last week we ran a Double Tournament Guarantee promotion on our 8pm Main Event each day. This promotion ran from Monday 7 th October to Sunday 13 th October. Considering the success of this promotion we have decided to permanently raise our 8pm Main Event tournament guarantees to the amounts described below:   Day Tournament Old Guarantee New Guarantee Monday Bounty Hunter £8,000 £10,000 Tuesday Turbo Open £4,000 £5,000 Wednesday Rebuy Open £4,000 £6,000 Thursday Sky Sports Bounty Hunter £12,000 £15,000 Friday Bounty Hunter £8,000 £10,000 Saturday Bounty Hunter £8,000 £10,000 Sunday Primo £10,000 £20,000 These changes start tonight  with a £10,000 Bounty Hunter at 8pm . Satellites are in the Lobby now! Enjoy and Good Luck on the tables!
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Whoop Whoop!!!

Ten Grand??????? Thats Like........

10 bags of Sand
    20 Monkey's
    400 Poney's
    10,000 Knicker

Thats a lot of Bees & Honey, Bill & Benner's & Lady Godiva's my friend.....

A nice little Bunson Burner with plenty of Bangers & Mash if you ask me......

That's like...more Cows Calfs than a Deep Sea Diver

You can Jumbo Jet a Ton of peeps are gonna Gregory Peck this one out.......

I'm most certainly Able & willing "Shilling" :)

Good Luck All
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Raising 8pm Main Event Guarantees!!!:
    I think tomorrow's Turbo will definitely hit the target required. If it doesn't, I'll throw in the extra grand myself!
    Posted by Slipwater
    Is that binding ;)
  • edited October 2013
    Permanently!!!!!!!!! mmmmmm
  • edited October 2013
    Permanently !!!!!!!!! mmmmmm
    Posted by a00rock
    To further elaborate, this phrase was use under the idea that all tournament guarantees are subject to fluctuation and can be raised or lowered if the need is met. This shall be re-phrased in the original post to prevent any confusion.
  • edited October 2013
    Fluctuation is probably the word you're looking for.

Flocculation is something quite different. If that's what you really mean, I'm intrigued by how you relate the formation of lumps or masses to the guarantee. ;)

I'm not going to claim to have known what it actually meant. Dictionaries ftw.
  • edited October 2013
    These kids, eh? You know what he meant :)
  • edited October 2013
    what on earth is flocculation? well, according to freedictionary:
    flocculation The process by which individual particles of clay aggregate into clotlike masses or precipitate into small lumps. Flocculation occurs as a result of a chemical reaction between the clay particles and another substance, usually salt water.
  • edited October 2013
    pfft, too late. i look well cool now. cheers Sky.
  • edited October 2013
    Most of the country will be watching England. Some will be cheering for Poland, but they'll still be watching.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Haha :D
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Raising 8pm Main Event Guarantees!!! : To further elaborate, this phrase was use under the idea that all tournament guarantees are subject to floculation and can be raised or lowered if the need is met. This shall be re-phrased in the original post to prevent any confusion.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Not only are the main event guarantees getting increased but they might actually be made fluffy at some stage in the future too!

Best day ever!!!

floc·cu·late
    v. floc·cu·lat·ed, floc·cu·lat·ing, floc·cu·lates
    v.tr.
    1. To cause (soil) to form lumps or masses.
    2. To cause (clouds) to form fluffy masses.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Raising 8pm Main Event Guarantees!!! : To further elaborate, this phrase was use under the idea that all tournament guarantees are subject to fluctuation and can be raised or lowered if the need is met. This shall be re-phrased in the original post to prevent any confusion.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    A simple thanks for pointing this out, we will amend the post accordingly would have sufficed!
  • edited October 2013
    I'm all for raising the ME gtd's (despite the battering its gonna take on my roll), but isn't the Super Roller somewhat overshadowed slightly now that the Primo is gonna be 20k every week.

OR are there plans to increase the SR gtd....
  • edited October 2013
    There's a danger that tomorrow's main won't be too popular. Most of the country will be watching England. Some will be cheering for Poland, but they'll still be watching. I also think that this might not be ambitious enough. I would guess that a big part of last week's success was the expectation of significant overlay. That won't be present so much this week, with these (mostly) modest increases on the guarantees. I hope it does improve the numbers, obviously. It's good to see the Primo keeping the double guarantee.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Let's not also forget the success of the Super Sats that had 5 seats guaranteed, a couple had a little overlay but in the main I'd say these were profitable for the site and encouraged more runners in the main events. I'd like to see more of these, particularly on the weekends when more players are available in the hours leading up to the MEs.
  • edited October 2013
    Excellent stuff!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Raising 8pm Main Event Guarantees!!! : Let's not also forget the success of the Super Sats that had 5 seats guaranteed, a couple had a little overlay but in the main I'd say these were profitable for the site and encouraged more runners in the main events. I'd like to see more of these, particularly on the weekends when more players are available in the hours leading up to the MEs.
    Posted by bbMike
    Massive +1, to maintain the gtees the sats should start earlier and incorporate this structure. I suspect the old satellite structure will lead to overlay, which in the short term is good for value hunters but in the longer run will see the guarantees reduce again. 

Perhaps sky should run directs every half hour from 12:40 pm, with 5 guaranteed seats in each sat?