You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER CO

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Orford taking an anti-soccer stance?

No wonder viewers have started getting us confused!

Comments

• edited October 2013

Football? What football?

Here's some things to consider:

1) It's only on for 90 minutes. We're on for 5 hours tomorrow. No excuses not to watch us for at least 3 and a half hours then.

2) Poland haven't beaten us in 18 matches. Done deal, right? Play the Turbo instead then.

3) You do know that our show streams online, right? So, if you must, stick the footy on the big TV, fire up skypoker.com and Ch.861 on the webstream and have a second screen experience of watching and playing poker whilst cheering on England.

So, if we can all forget about the football for just a second, we have this...!

TURBO TUESDAY!

And this week, they've pumped up the normal prizepool. It's not £4K anymore, it's £5,000!

Keeping all you non-football fans company plus those England supporters clever enough to watch us and the game at the same time, will be...

Richard Orford

and

Jen Mason

...giving you all this...

7pm – 8pm – Tonight On Sky Poker

Primo final table coverage from Sunday 13th October with that massive £20,000 prizepool!

8pm-9pm – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the main event: the £5K Turbo Open

9pm – 11pm – Master Cash and Main Event

Live action from the Master Cash tables AND the Main Event                                                                                          

11pm – Midnight – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the £5K Turbo Open – Late stages (final table and a winner)

So, you can start early if you like- get all your banter, questions, hand requests etc. to us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And...I think it's only fair, especially to reward everyone who pitches up despite the footy, that we have another
    MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMPETITION!

Everyone loves doing this every Tuesday night and you know the drill by now. To be in it, all you have to do is register your interest either here on the forum or via Twitter with the hashtag skypoker.

Remember, no emails wll be accepted for the last longer.

You must have registered your interest before the proper start at 8pm on Tuesday night, even if you register or satellite in for the actual event during late reg.

The winner will get free-rolled into Thursday's main event, which now has an increased prizepool. It's the £15,000 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter!

And finally- here's our topic of the night...

RANK YOUR LOVE OF POKER

Where does the beautiful game (poker, that is, not the other one) rank in all your loves?

Here's an example answer:

1) The wife
    2) Liverpool FC
    3) Poker
    4) Sunday lunch at the pub
    5) The kids

Can't wait to read your answers. This has the potential to be hilarious PLUS a real eye-opener.

Good luck with that and the pumped-up prizepool Turbo and see you Tuesday!

Just don't mention the football. Some of us have to work, you know...
  • edited October 2013
    At least he wasn't called "not a proper Englishman" last week by Lex Veldhuis because he "doesn't like football".

I'll be watching 861, because while I love football, I only love it actually being at the match (and that match can be at virtually any level). Watching it on TV is  very poor substitute.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***PLUS REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM ON TUESDAY***:
    Orford taking an anti-soccer stance? No wonder viewers have started getting us confused!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Have you read between the lines of my OP to find the searing hurt that I'm missing the game?

Clearly I have been too subtle on this occasion. A very rare thing indeed.

Are people really confusing us? I must admit, I found myself drawn into the American Football this morning on Sky Sports at the gym. Are we morphing after all these years?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***PLUS REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM ON TUESDAY***:
    At least he wasn't called "not a proper Englishman" last week by Lex Veldhuis because he "doesn't like football". I'll be watching 861, because while I love football, I only love it actually being at the match (and that match can be at virtually any level). Watching it on TV is  very poor substitute.
    Posted by FCHD
    Good effort, FCHD. And glad to know we have an audence of at least 1 tomorrow night!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***PLUS REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM ON TUESDAY***:
    11pm – Midnight – Turbo Tuesday   Live coverage from the 8K Turbo Open – Late stages (final table and a winner)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I think this is Orford's way of telling us he's putting 3K of his own money into the prize pool! Nice one Richard! ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    Now, I'm certainly no Monet, so perhaps I should put a zip to my lip, but Jen Mason is an aesthetically pleasant girl. You really need to do something about that picture of her. Get it sorted Rich! She looks at least 35% better than that.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***PLUS REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM ON TUESDAY*** : I think this is Orford's way of telling us he's putting 3K of his own money into the prize pool! Nice one Richard! ;-)
    Posted by peter27

And this week's spot prize of a nice pat on the back for noticing my deliberate typo, goes to peter27.

Duly amended, Pete. Can I have my £3000 back now please?

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***PLUS REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM ON TUESDAY*** : And this week's spot prize of a nice pat on the back for noticing my deliberate typo, goes to peter27 . Duly amended, Pete. Can I have my £3000 back now please?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    A pat on the back? At least I can now say I've won something on Sky Poker!

As for your £3K, if you're willing disappoint all the players on Sky Poker by reducing the previously advertised prize pool, then you may have it back ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    Now, I'm certainly no Monet, so perhaps I should put a zip to my lip, but Jen Mason is an aesthetically pleasant girl. You really need to do something about that picture of her. Get it sorted Rich! She looks at least 35% better than that.
    Posted by Slipwater

35% is pretty precise, Brian. So I assume you've used rigorous scientific methodology to come up wth that figure. I think Jen looks very nice in that picture but, just for you, here's another one...

• edited October 2013
    In the last longer please.

My loves...

1. Jen Mason
    2. The Beatles
    3. King Prawn Curry
    4. Eliza Carthy
    5. Pistaccios
    6. Spike Milligan
    7. Draught Guinness
    8. Poker
    9. Quentin Tarantino films
  • edited October 2013
    [QUOTE]In the last longer please. My loves... 1. Jen Mason 2. The Beatles 3. King Prawn Curry 4. Eliza Carthy 5. Pistaccios 6. Spike Milligan 7. Draught Guinness 8. Poker 9. Quentin Tarantino films
    Posted by SoLack

Love it.

Poker- better than Pulp Fiction, but not quite as good as King Prawn Curry.

Keep them coming everyone, please!
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Rich & Jen

I will be multitasking Turbo Tuesday........

Playing Poker, watching channel 861 on the live stream & watching the footy

But if I had to choose between Footy & Channel 861 when Jen Mason's on.....It would be Jen all the way :)

RANK MY LOVE OF POKER...
    1) Poker
    2) Sunday Darts at the pub
    3) The Wife (unless I was Married to Jen)

4) The kids

5) Money

ps. your OK too Rich, just in a different way m8 - sorry :)

Have a Great Show

Oh...and please enter me into the last longer
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Rich & Jen I will be multitasking Turbo Tuesday........ Playing Poker, watching channel 861 on the live stream & watching the footy But if I had to choose between Footy & Channel 861 when Jen Mason's on.....It would be Jen all the way :) RANK MY LOVE OF POKER... 1) Poker 2) Sunday Darts at the pub 3) The Wife (unless I was Married to Jen) 4) The kids 5) Money ps. your OK too Rich, just in a different way m8 - sorry :) Have a Great Show Oh...and please enter me into the last longer
    Posted by POKERTREV
    You're in the Last Longer, Trev.

Full respect for placing your love of poker above your wife and kids. Putting Sunday darts above them though is a bit thoughtless. What kind of a husband/father are you? ;-)
  • edited October 2013
    Didn't "Analyse My Play" feature on Tuesday's schedule in the past?

How do you manage to keep avoiding it, Richard?
  • edited October 2013

Better photo of Miss Mason?

Here she is at the EPT in Deauville in around, I think, 2005. She had won a free seat to the Event. (& the Grand Final in Monte Carlo, actually).

Nice jumper, Jen. We used to call her Mrs Merton then. For her fashion sense, obv.

Anyone recognize the dark haired young man to her right, as viewed?

What exactly was happening that aroused all that interest at the table?

And anyone know how Jen won those monsta value free seats to two EPT's?

PS - Orford, listen to me. Do NOT let her abuse me whilst on air. If she does, I have FAR worse Mrs Merton type photos at the ready. Blackmail? Yup, you bet.

• edited October 2013

On this occasion, I believe Miss Mason will readily confirm she was a lttle tired & distressed. Or she would if she could recall it.

In truth, she was so out of her head that when she awoke the next morning, she did not even know she had won the Tournament.

It was THE most extraordinary poker performance I have ever witnessed in that Cardroom, which was in Nottingham. 

Click pic to enlarge, to see the full horror of this photo.

• edited October 2013
    Haha - a couple of good pictures there, Tikay. I'm sure Jen will appreciate the effort you went to, to find them :)
  • edited October 2013
    Haha - a couple of good pictures there, Tikay. I'm sure Jen will appreciate the effort you went to, to find them :)
    Posted by Slipwater

Oh, she WILL. *

* May not be wholly true.

I have plenty more where they came from, so she needs to behave herself. Did you know that she is scared to play me at PLO8?**

** May also not be wholly true.

She's pretty clued up at Gim Rummy, too. We once played non-stop on the early morning Eurostar from Paris to London, & she won an entire packet of M & M's off me. A green M & M was deemed to be worth £1,000. Red ones were only £10.    

• edited October 2013
    You see Tikay? I'm too gentlemanly to show dodgy photos of Jen. I only publish ones which I feel show off my co-host at their very best.

You, on the other hand, I have no quibbles with whatsoever...

For the record, these photos were taken on three entirely different occasions. All at poker events. Some of them Sky Poker events.

• edited October 2013
    Right, who's in this Last Longer tonight for the free seat in Thursday's main event?

Looks like just Solly and Trev at the moment.

They've got to fancy their chances right now...for a change.

;-)

• edited October 2013
    Also- don't forget to rank your love of poker (see opening post)

Here's Tikay's list:

1) Trains (particularly when they couple together)
    2) Ducks mating
    3) Concrete
    4) Poker
    5) Richard Branson
    6) Davina McCall
    7) Death
    8) Richard Orford
  • edited October 2013
    Also- don't forget to rank your love of poker (see opening post) Here's Tikay's list: 1) Trains (particularly when they couple together) 2) Ducks mating 3) Concrete 4) Poker 5) Richard Branson 6) Davina McCall 7) Death 8) Richard Orford
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You missed Morrissey out!
  • edited October 2013

In the last longer please.

• edited October 2013
    Stick me in the last longer please folks! My list of loves, in no particular order:

1.      Ice cream on a hot day
    2.      Laughing until it hurts
    3.      Jen Mason’s smile
    4.      Stepping on freshly fallen snow
    5.      Hawaiian sunsets
    6.      A soft pillow
    7.      Listening to the ocean
    8.      Turkey sandwiches at Christmas
    9.      The feel of velvet
    10.  Calling an all-in with the nuts
  • edited October 2013
    Last Longer Please

Here is my limerick predicting the outcome of the Presenters' Competition to start you off.

The Presenters comp was all set
    Tats & James were both a good bet
    Anna & Jules
    Were nobody's fools
    Sarah & Orford just met

The blinds started quite small
    James was standing quite tall
    He talked movies too much
    He just lost his touch
    And soon he went for a fall

Jules was small & so sweet
    She had only just found her feet
    She shoved on a draw
    The outcome was poor
    And she had to vacate her seat

Anna's stack got quite short
    Then an Ace King she caught
    Orford called with his twos
    He had little to lose
    For Anna, her fight had been fought

So that left us with just three
    Agression now would be key
    Tatty & Sarah
    And Black shirt wearer
    To who the winner should be

Then we are caught on the hop
    When sweet Tats is next for the chop
    A raise by Tats
    And Orford flats
    But hits a set on the flop

They have a short break for dinner
    Sarah the saint & Richard the sinner
    Who'd be supreme
    The music queen
    Or the Leeds side event winner

Rich was getting quite whacked
    And losing chips was a fact
    She 3bet all in
    He folded again
    And Sarah was very well stacked

He raised with 66, which is fair
    She called her big blind with a stare
    He shoved 754
    And met with a call
    Cos Sarah had a big pair

Orford called for an 8
    A queen for Sarah was great
    An Ace, Sarah swears
    Orford declares
    You only need four for a straight

Jules & Anna started to stamp
    The Lady wasn't a tramp
    James had great heart
    Rich fell apart
    And Sarah is SKY Poker Champ(ion)
  • edited October 2013
    Lol - Tiger is determined to flog that poem ;)
  • edited October 2013
    1. Getting Limericks read out on show
    2. Poker
    3. Football, particularly Sheffield Wednesday
    4. Wife & Kids
  • edited October 2013

Oi Orford, bit harsh with the photos there mate.

Do you have a whole file of photos of me?

You know, cool ones, dude ones, hunky ones?

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:
    1. Getting Limericks read out on show 2. Poker 3. Football, particularly Sheffield Wednesday 4. Wife & Kids
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

I recognise determination and endeavour when I see it. Yes, will definitely read some of your limerick out tonight. Note- some of it. Maybe a verse, it's an epic! Very good though.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jen ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:
    Do you have a whole file of photos of me? You know, cool ones, dude ones, hunky ones?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Surely these are the only ones that exist? ;)