You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WARNING avoid registing for MTT's until they about to start

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Surely they pop up automatically when they are due to start? or they do for me.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    as you know MTT's are very difficult to win any money, so the last thing you want to happen is to forget you registered for an MTT  because if you forget about it, then unless the MTT page is on the main website, you will not see the MTT pop up itself at all.

which is just what happened to me when I registered for a timed MTT costing £5.50 which I later forgot because I was focusing on some DYM and DTD touneys and the main page itself was on sit n go. the mot annoying thing of all about that MTT was when I looked through my HH I discovered an unusual hand, 99 had been folded preflop I which is not what I would be doing unless it got 4bet the worst thing about it but was that it then hit the set too and another guy had a top pair also their was another hand which would have won big.

sojust when I should have won decent I instead lost £5.50 and when I tried speaking on live chat about a refund they refuse to provide one saying the money has gone into the fund.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Craig, seems you were victim of a software bug, there is a note about this stickied at the top of the Poker Chat forum.

I hope the powers that be understand that you were unaware of their issue, and was obvious that you weren't participating in the tournament and receive your funds back.

Mike.
  • edited October 2013
    Hey Craig, defiantly try them again it's not right you should be disadvantaged cause a game didn't load up through no fault of your own 
  • edited October 2013
    did you have the MTT tab on the sky poker web page because that could be why it popped up for you I didn't as I was looking at SnG which I was playing.

it's not just me that is having the problem I've seem other threads too saying the same problem
  • edited October 2013
    I have e-mailed them requesting a refund or at the very least an entry into another MTT.

and to prove that I am not lieing I sent 3 hands 2 being the AQ and 99 from the timed MTT which were not played as they should have and 1 from the DTD which I was actively playing and happened at around the same period as that 99 happened on the timed MTT because surely then they can see I was A playing poker B not away at that time C didn't have a pop up blocker
  • edited October 2013

the e-mail I had sent has worked and I have got my money back so thanks Larson for tell me about when you had the problem and thank you sky for the refund.

• edited October 2013
    The cards which come down on the flop depend on what decision you make, in this case the 9 came down (and also the top pair for the other guy) with you folding so it's unlikely it would have come down should you have called or raised.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: WARNING avoid registing for MTT's until they about to start:
    The cards which come down on the flop depend on what decision you make, in this case the 9 came down (and also the top pair for the other guy) with you folding so it's unlikely it would have come down should you have called or raised.
    Posted by BUFC
    What???
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: WARNING avoid registing for MTT's until they about to start:
    Posted by BUFC
    Wtf are you on about?....just to clarify,sky's rng shuffles and deals as a live deck...once the cards are dealt the flop,turn and river are already determined....hope this helps?