You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO the serious part

Hi all

I would like to place on record my grateful thanks to both Rich, and tikay, for taking the ribbing both sides have metered out and given as much back, although there is still 1 leg left, team Orford will still be playing for pride, I would like to offer my congratulations to team tikay, and commiseration to team Orford, the team event has been great fun to take part in and the friendly rivalry between the teams, but hey this is Sky Poker, the best and frindliest poker site you could want,

Well done to everyone who cashed from BOTH teams and very well played all.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    well said barry, i have injoyed TKO emensly and cant wait for the next one, hopfully my poker skills will be up to par by then and i will cash, but untill then well done gnomeites i will be back to avenge my lord lol
  • edited December 2009
    I posted a while ago in the Official Result thread but I'll repeat it here

Congratulations (to Team Tikay)!

This series of events has been a massive laugh & great for the community. Thanks to everyone at Sky who organised it.

Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Baz

Good words my son. Seconded here.

Can you or anybody else tell me the date of the victory party, ie our team freeroll. Is it 29th December ?

Help please
  • edited December 2009
    I too posted something similar on another thread. Rich and Tikay are a HUGE part in skypokers success. It wouldnt be the same without them. I also wonder if TKO would work without either of them, and for that reason i ask SkyPoker to make this an annual challenge a la Ryder cup (yes i know thats 2 yrs lol) so that the event does not lose anything.

On a different topic, how about a Skypoker Series of Poker (SSOP) - a few events all in one week £50 buyin and the winner gets a SkyPoker bracelt??
  • edited December 2009
    yea i echo barrys words..the tko events have been grrrrrrrrrrrrrreattt..look forward to more in the future..
  • edited December 2009

TKO has been a fantastic concept and really great fun to play in and be a part of!!.

Even though i'm part of a losing side at least i did take down a TKO title and even though the series have gone to Derbyshire's male model of the year 1864 there is still plenty of reasons to win the snoozestack as it's 2 singles victories per side so i'll be here next Tuesday at 7pm.

All in all it's been tremendous banter and a lot of fun and i can't wait for the next incarnation!.

• edited December 2009
    In Response to TKO the serious part:
    Hi all I would like to place on record my grateful thanks to both Rich, and tikay, for taking the ribbing both sides have metered out and given as much back, although there is still 1 leg left, team Orford will still be playing for pride, I would like to offer my congratulations to team tikay, and commiseration to team Orford, the team event has been great fun to take part in and the friendly rivalry between the teams, but hey this is Sky Poker, the best and frindliest poker site you could want, Well done to everyone who cashed from BOTH teams and very well played all.
    Posted by acebarry10
    Yeah, couldn't agree more. It's been fantastic fun, played in great spirit-both the poker and the banter.
  • edited December 2009
    hi baz u took the words right outof my mouth well said m8
  • edited December 2009
    i totally agree but i have not seen any reply from orford defeat from last nite
  • edited December 2009

WELL SAID BAZ

A BIG THANK YOU MUST GO OUT TO SKYPOKER FOR THE MONEY THEY PUT UP FOR THIS. MONEY WELL SPENT IF YOU ASK ME

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
  • edited December 2009
    IS ANYBODY OUT THERE 

WHEN IS THE TKO WINNER FREEROLL TAKING PLACE !!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Very well put Barry.
    The TKO has been a rousing success with all the friendly banter between the teams.
    Well done to Sky for funding this tournament.
  • edited December 2009
    TKO has been fab and tremendous fun. Well done EVERYONE in Team Tikay. 

I love the idea of Jaegar to have a series of events.

Any chance?

Now to decide who we play for next (if they want us).................hmm choices, choices.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO the serious part:
    TKO has been fab and tremendous fun. Well done EVERYONE in Team Tikay.  I love the idea of Jaegar to have a series of events. Any chance? Now to decide who we play for next (if they want us).................hmm choices, choices.
    Posted by phil12uk
    Do yourself a favour Phil - be a winner, vote to be in my Team. Commit to Team tikay now, & I'll find you a Management Position. "Official Team tikay Luckbox" - that sound ok?

We need some luck, we've not had one bit in this Series.
  • edited December 2009
    IS ANYBODY OUT THERE  WHEN IS THE TKO WINNER FREEROLL TAKING PLACE !!!!!!
    Posted by vaigret
    I believe it will be Tuesday 29th December - exactly one week after Leg 5.

The next week will be "Vote for your Team" time, & then it'll start all over again.

• edited December 2009
    TKO has been fab and tremendous fun. Well done EVERYONE in Team Tikay.  I love the idea of Jaegar to have a series of events. Any chance? Now to decide who we play for next (if they want us).................hmm choices, choices.
    Posted by phil12uk
    I second that Phil! Obviously every team against the Burgandy Jacket (I predict a matching scarf appearing sometime over Xmas by the way :-)...) will be underdogs but mark my words every dog has it's day and boy will that victory be even sweeter...so heres to 2010 on Skypoker and above all lets have more fun which is what it's all about!

• edited December 2009
    I CAN'T WAIT BOSS!!!

Let's see which one they throw at us next time eh?!!!

TEAM TIKAY WILL CRUSH THEM.... er I mean offer friendly competition...

• edited December 2009
    I CAN'T WAIT BOSS!!! Let's see which one they throw at us next time eh?!!! TEAM TIKAY WILL CRUSH THEM.... er I mean offer friendly competition...
    Posted by LML
    A few words of friendly support aimed at preventing the ever-enthusiastic, but misguided Lisa-Marie Long committing career suicide...

Sky_Des is the REAL boss of Sky Poker.  He's an Orford supporter!

• edited December 2009
    If (But of Course) EVERYONE wants to be in your team tikay.

Do your legends get first dibs?
  • edited December 2009

The next face-off is called "Battle of the jumpers" in which players are forced to wear either a blue pullover or a burgundy jacket.
  • edited December 2009