You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

note structure

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

I am now starting to go through a my hands in much better detail. what I am doing is i'm thinking of making notes on how many hands they have called, raised and folded from each position and on each street because what I am thinking is if I have notes saying the number of times the bet called and folded on that street.

I am thinking of it looking something like this

UTG   UTG+1    CO      BUT     SB      BB
villain    C/R/F   C/R/F     C/R/F  C/R/F  C/R/F C/R/F

then knowing how many times they have did bets compared to the number of times the've call and folded will stop the bad calling and when I go over the top with bets

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Can't for the life of me figure out why I never thought of that??---- four flappin years--- straight down the drain--- flop sake!
  • edited October 2013
    imo this is a waste of time

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: note structure:
    Posted by rancid
    Seems like you are rushing wildly towards a hastily formed opinion there Rancid, personally, I will be forming my opinion only after fully digesting every possible implication of the note structure detailed above!
  • edited October 2013
    +1 to Rancid.

You won't be able to make your own HUD style data, and it won't be worth your time trying.

Focus your notes around how they play certain hands... do they use bigger/smaller sizes pre depending on strength. Do they play sets aggro by raising or c/r but play FDs and straights draws passively by just c/c'ing. Some people do this, some go the opposite and might be aggro with draws but slowplay sets.

Do they bet 3/4+ with big hands but 1/2 with weak hands and draws (yes people do do this).

Do they ever float flops and then bluff turns when checked to, what hands will they 3bet, what hands do they 4bet etc etc. This is way more useful.
  • edited October 2013
    Yeh. it's rubbish innit
  • edited October 2013
    Posted by rancid
    +1

unless u have one which says 'number of hadns'... then bother to increase that number for every player...every single hand !! for it to have any relevance..
    theres much better note for the time u will spend doing this
    dont waste your time with this
  • edited October 2013
    Do they ever float flops and then bluff turns when checked to...Posted by Lambert180
    Guilty.