You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO ROUND 4

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments
I MADE THE LAST 300 BUT I HAVE TO SAY THIS WAS PATHETIC AND A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME REGARDLESS OF WHICH SIDE WINS.dav

Comments

• edited December 2009
    i got down to 37th.but am still wondering how,it just kept bidding for me,i just sat back and watched
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO ROUND 4:
    i got down to 37th.but am still wondering how,it just kept bidding for me,i just sat back and watched
    Posted by charlyb8
    37th a big well done to you,i dont want people to think im a killjoy but this hardly seems to bring into the fore anyones poker skills now does it? surely they could have come up with a more suitable format for this 4th leg.dav
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO ROUND 4 : 37th a big well done to you,i dont want people to think im a killjoy but this hardly seems to bring into the fore anyones poker skills now does it? surely they could have come up with a more suitable format for this 4th leg.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    dave1964, all though im relitively new to sky,i must agree with you,for comming in that position i had to to next to nothing,it was done for me while i just watched,not very sporting,
  • edited December 2009
    I have to agree with you Dav! I quite enjoyed it as a game but as the fourth leg of a tournament its not at all good! You don't want what is basically bingo as a possible decider, whichever team you're on!
  • FBSFBS
    edited December 2009
    It would have been better if they made it

OMAHA !!!!

Now that would have been carnage ;)

• edited December 2009
    I have to agree with you Dav! I quite enjoyed it as a game but as the fourth leg of a tournament its not at all good! You don't want what is basically bingo as a possible decider, whichever team you're on!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    Diggerman i couldnt agree more.ive made a post congratulating team tikay so im not a bad loser by any stretch of the imagination and i would honestly have the same opinion if we would have won.dav
  • edited December 2009
    agreed that there was no strategy or skill involved but you all have to admit it was fun!!! i came 49 cash £3.50 ater my 10s lost to 89 but still enjoyed!
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Dav

I agree it was a strange tournie but like Daz I enjoyed it . Not saying that because I cashed , it was just fun not being in total control of what you were doing.

Diggerman, this wasn't a decider, the Deep stack next week is the decider. It's not Team Tk's fault that mighht be irrelevant now.

Dav I saw your post congratulating our team spirit and it is much apprciated. I hope you join us for the next one, I'd rather be on the same side as a mate especially as you were on my table when you went tonite.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Dav I agree it was a strange tournie but like Daz I enjoyed it . Not saying that because I cashed , it was just fun not being in total control of what you were doing. Diggerman, this wasn't a decider, the Deep stack next week is the decider. It's not Team Tk's fault that mighht be irrelevant now. Dav I saw your post congratulating our team spirit and it is much apprciated. I hope you join us for the next one, I'd rather be on the same side as a mate especially as you were on my table when you went tonite.
    Posted by vaigret
    VAIG,FATHER .FRIEND YOU ARE ALL OF THESE.I AM TRULY PLEASED FOR YOUR TEAM AS YOU READ IN MY OTHER THREAD I REALLY DO FEEL THAT YOUR SIDE HAVE REALLY SUPPORTED EACHOTHER THROUGHOUT THIS COMPETITION AND THROUGH THAT ALONE YOU WILL BE THE MUCH MORE DESERVED WINNERS.I SAY THIS AS A SPORTSMAN,TEAMWORK AND TRUE SUPPORT IS EVERYTHING.WD AGAIN.dav
  • edited December 2009

I thought it was huge fun, though "Roulette" is not something I'd play again unless I had to - but some folks like it, & it's only fair they get a "go" at their game, too.

It's like a decathlon - you need to have a range of skills to win the Event. Some folks will HATE next week's Deepie, as they don't have the patience for long games.

But really, if we want to complain about the Format - fine - but we have to moan BEFORE the Event, not after it. Once we agree to take part, we gotta take it on the chin.
  • edited December 2009
    finely put tikay
  • edited December 2009
    Personally, I loved the fact that it was over in 20 minutes.

I was able to enjoy my dinner (salmon, potatoes and salad) at 7.30pm without having to abandon the tournament :-)

P.S. Tikay - I hope you're going to give Lisa-Marie as much abuse for not showing up tonight as I received from Orford (and you, for that matter) over Pasta-gate!

• edited December 2009
    Personally, I loved the fact that it was over in 20 minutes. I was able to enjoy my dinner (salmon, potatoes and salad) at 7.30pm without having to abandon the tournament :-) P.S. Tikay - I hope you're going to give Lisa-Marie as much abuse for not showing up tonight as I received from Orford (and you, for that matter) over Pasta-gate!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Certainly NOT. she has a roving Role, a sort of Mistress without Portfolio, she can do as she wants.

In fact, while tonight's TKO took place, she was hiding under a desk.*

I kid you not.

*Not my desk, I hasten to add......
  • edited December 2009
    i loved , came 5th and won £25. don't know how though, only had 1000 chip's with 12 left in.
  • edited December 2009
    I thought it was huge fun, though "Roulette" is not something I'd play again unless I had to - but some folks like it, & it's only fair they get a "go" at their game, too. It's like a decathlon - you need to have a range of skills to win the Event. Some folks will HATE next week's Deepie, as they don't have the patience for long games. But really, if we want to complain about the Format - fine - but we have to moan BEFORE the Event, not after it. Once we agree to take part, we gotta take it on the chin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    come on now tikay,1 min roullette? have a go at their game? who on earth plays 1 min roullette as a main game? i dont think a single person signed up to SKY POKER to play 1 min roullette.dav
  • edited December 2009
    a sort of Mistress without Portfolio
    Portfolios are like pantyhose, right?

I knew a girl like that once... very popular she was, very popular indeed
  • edited December 2009
    I thought it was huge fun, though "Roulette" is not something I'd play again unless I had to - but some folks like it, & it's only fair they get a "go" at their game, too. It's like a decathlon - you need to have a range of skills to win the Event. Some folks will HATE next week's Deepie, as they don't have the patience for long games. But really, if we want to complain about the Format - fine - but we have to moan BEFORE the Event, not after it. Once we agree to take part, we gotta take it on the chin.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ah Tikay Tikay Tikay,
    I have no problem with the game itself, I thoroughly enjoyed it in fact, and I cashed as well, Bonus! What I wasn't too keen on was the fact that it COULD (Father Vaigret! lol) actually decide the final outcome of the tournament! If it was the first or second game in the series, no problem, but with it being the fourth game, one team had to be leading and in a position to claim outright victory! Velocity - yes... shovefest roulette (no matter how much fun it is) - definitely not! Oh, and it's not a moan, it's an observation for future reference if and when we get to do this again! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    took 5 min for my table to load up so missed it all. Time it loaded I had 100 chips left with blinds at 150/300
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for your kind comments Dav and take your point Diggerman.Perhaps it should go earlier in the sequence.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO ROUND 4 : 37th a big well done to you,i dont want people to think im a killjoy but this hardly seems to bring into the fore anyones poker skills now does it? surely they could have come up with a more suitable format for this 4th leg.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Dave its Xmas, it was a bit of fun chill out!
  • edited December 2009
    i hear what your saying dav m8 but it was the same for both sides
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO ROUND 4 : Dave its Xmas, it was a bit of fun chill out!
    Posted by tallboy
    OY OY OY,I DONT NEED TO CHILL MATE ALL IS FINE AND THE BEST TEAM WON IMO,JUST SAYING LIKE OTHERS ARE AGREEING THAT THIS WAS NOT A GOOD TEAM TOURNAMENT FOR A COMPETITION WITH SUCH HIGH REGARD.dav
  • edited December 2009
      The whole point of the series was fun and last night tourny was just that. I personally hated it but it was exactly what was needed. Lets face it this whole series of events was just a fun way to bring people together at the tables.

If it was meant to be serious would they have a team captain who

A) doesnt know where his car is
    B) doesnt know what a straight is
    C) Dyes his hair so he doesnt look like Tikay's older brother

So just enjoy it for the silly fun that it was.
  • edited December 2009
    logged in at 6.50 for t.k.o at 7.30 still hadnt been seated and tourney over lol
  • edited December 2009

Was a great game came 3rd, unlucky not to get 2nd but hey well done all team tikey

• edited December 2009
    it was all free money wots to moan about
  • edited December 2009
    It's been free money and a great laugh.

I've been playing and winning for a few years now yet I felt soooooo pleased when I won the tourney last week as it was shared by a team. Thats what its been all about - fun.

Too many times poker is taken too seriously by too many and this series has proved that it can be tremendous FUN.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for your kind comments Dav and take your point Diggerman.Perhaps it should go earlier in the sequence.
    Posted by vaigret
    Hi Vaig hunni

I personally think that roulette wasn`t a good idea for a 5-leg tournament like this, no matter at what position the tournment was placed. xxxxx
  • edited December 2009
    If it was me, i would just have all Velocity tournaments (mainly because TKO Leg 2 was a Velocity tournament which i won and i had a £500 Guaranteed Velocity 1st place on Tuesday Night lol!)

Don't know how i'm going to approach the Deepstack but as long as an Orfordite win then that will cap off a rather enjoyable series which has been great to be a part of.