You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Betting diary

edited October 2013 in Betting Chat
As i wanted to get back into scouring the internet for free offers and extra value, rather than write it all down on a peice of paper i thought why not keep it all in one space and up to date by creating a thread in the forum - but seperate from my poker thread so here it is . 

Any tips for offers etc would be welcome and hopefully i can provide 1 or 2 off my own. I,ll be using oddschecker a lot which is also run by Sky to compare prices, keep informed etc

I got off to a good start after spotting an offer for virtual horse racing. Basically spend up to £10 on a single bet on any race and if you lose that day you get a free £10 on nxt weeks horse racing which i was planning on laying off. So this seemed like a £10 virtual horse racing bet which should only cost me around £1 - £1.50 
I placed my first £10 bet on the favourite at 4/1 but also placed £1 on 3 horses that were less than 10/1 as well for a better chance as if theyd come in i,d still be classed as losing but i got lucky and the favourite came in netting me £37 profit although i won,t qualify for the free bet now but can,t complain as its the best outcome i could have hoped for.

So thats + £37

Also signed up for a bingo site which was giving away a free £5 no-deposit bonus but accidently deposited £10 1st so messed up there as on bingo sites your real money is always used first before your bonus money, but once again got lucky by playing a slot machine (which i would never reccomend unless its some sort of no -lose promo) and won £15 profit. I also have £4.80,s worth of bingo tickets for a £200 game in a few days. Fingers crossed.

+£15 (glad i messed up now) EDIT - This may go up slightly as there is currently a game where ther is £3 in every pot but only 3 players playing. I,ve been buying 70p worth of tckts for it and am winning most games ) a bit like a poker game but with a bit of overlay) - RE-EDIT - 2 hours later +£11
= +£26

After looking at the specials on Oddschecker - TV, politics etc i noticed a stand out price (one which beats the exhanges in my view) on Strictly Come Dancing. I tried to place £30 on it but it restricted me to £25 so had to go with that.

I will keep my eye on it and maybe lay it off nearer the time. I think this guy is already quite popular as during his training he was due to be a father and was so by week 2 or 3 and can also dance which helps. He,s an actor from Hollyoaks and i,m sure he,ll get lots of womens votes. Incidentaly the top 3 favourites are all women although its very close but i think he will end up in final 4 against 3 woman which could favour him as well _ GL if having a punt
Betid 34510946000 Time: 04:44 Bet Type: Single Stake: £ 25.00
EVENTSELECTIONPRICEE/W TERMSRESULTSTATUS
  • OUTRIGHT STRICTLY COME DANCING 2013
  • Outright - Outright
Ashley Taylor-Dawson4/1Win onlyNoneUnsettled
Just spotted another site i,ve not heard of before. It has a £20 risk free bet for new customers but you must sign up through oddschecker to claim it . I,ll have to leave it for now as it asks for a mobile number but left my phone at my m8,s house so will come back to that

Profit/Loss = + £38

Pending bets 

£25 @ 4/1 
£4.80 bingo tckts 

Comments

• edited October 2013
    A very important tip when using promos and offers is to always read the terms and conditions.

They may be lengthy but you soon get used to them and where to look for the important bits. Like the saying "If its to good to be true then it normally is"

I particularly don,t like the roulette programs which are shown on the TV throughout the night> Apart from the endless waffling with presenters having to ad lib for hours with nothing to talk about aprt from pushing these so called free £10 free bets. They make it sound so easy but at least now they are showing the wagering requiremnets on screen - (99x before you can make a withdrawal - outrageos) 

I spotted this on a site which looks quite fair : (TBF at least this one does point it out quite clearly) but these are the sorts of things i,ll be looking for

It does clearly state though in the terms and conditions the average bet must work out at 50p which means you are having to use up a lot more spins therefore lesteing your chances of coming out on top. Other than that you could have played 50 spins at £2 which is not a bad offer . Won,t be going for this one but its a good example of one of the many things you need to look out for on some of these offers

50% ROULETTE BONUS

This weekend there’s more to play for on our Roulette tables. We’re adding a special 50% bonus on your net winnings up to £50. To join in the fun, simply opt-in and you’ll receive your bonus on every winning spin. And if you lose? You'll get a 50% refund bonus up to £50. Let’s play.

Significant Terms and Conditions
    Minimum wagering: £100
    Minimum: 50 hands
    Average bet per hand: 0.50£

EDIT : There is currently a stand out price on Bayern to win the Champions leaugue at 10/3 on Oddschecker. which you can lay at 3,s but its a bit to long to wait and not sure how much you can place on the 10/3 price. I,m looking for shorter term bets really but if your having a bet on it anyway its worth a look

Having said that if your just backing a team to win and looking for an outside shot i think Chelsea were the better team when they met in the super cup a few weeks ago and even after going down to 10 men they took it to penalties and they are around 18,s

Last bet tonight - I made my 1st deposit on another site which i,d been meaning to do for a while as some of their football prices can be quite good. I got 100% match up bonus on £10 but doubt very much i,ll be using that as the wagering requirement is £400. I did however also get a free £5 bet which i used for this enhanced treble which i,ll just let ride

ID: 276478938 Date: 18/10/2013 08:44 (Live)  
    Event: Enhanced Treble Bet: Liverpool/Man Utd/TottenhamSelection: Liverpool/Man Utd/Tottenham
    Straight Bet21/4Free Bet5.00 €
    26.25 €
    I was going to have a cpl of quid on Brett Rumford as he was 125/1 for the Perth Open with one booky while ranging from 33-1 upwards on others but i left it a few minutes and he,s now best priced 80/1. the odds seem to be changing quite quickly on that one so i presume its in play. 
    One of my biggest wins came in Golf when Darren Clarke won the Open. As i was putting £2 on him to win he was 150/1 then just as i,d done it he got a birdie so quickly got another £2 on before the price went in. He went on to win it although i layed some of it off toward the end and collected around £450 profit 

EDIT _ Just caught Dustin Johnson at 12/1in play. Theres hardly any action at all on the exchanges for this market although all the bookies seem to be taking bets on it so i,ll try and catch a bit on Sky if its on but will leave it at that for now and update profit/Loss tommorow

EDIT - Very last bets - bit of a long shot but looks good for the price

Restless Harry @ Guaranteed Price (22/1)WinOpen

3:15 Cheltenham

Stake: £2.50Potential Returns: £57.50

Back (Bet For)OddsStakeProfit
    15:15 Cheltenham
    Restless HarryWIN24.7£2.00£47.39