You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Sky Poker

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
I made a post yesterday which was moved to the "feedback" area.

Will Skypoker continue to use the old tables, or is the plan to phase these out?

The feedback on the new software seems to be pretty much unanimous on the forums, everyone prefers the old style of tables.

They are clean, crisp, easy to use and navigate. They are really sweet and simple.

I'm just asking, it would make sense if both were still always going to be an option.

However, if sky was to get rid of the old tables it would have a negative impact on the site, imo.

Personally i wouldn't be able to play under the new graphics, especially not if multi-tabling.

There was a thread asking for "fixes" to mini view, the best option is to keep the status qou.

Please don't take our tables away!

Comments

• edited October 2013

Gotta agree,not liking the new tables myself,but i am from yorkshire therefore not a fan of change :)
    was hoping they would just add auto top up/resizeable etc etc to the current table layout..
  • edited October 2013
    Hopefully they will keep this in poker chat as i did not even realise there was a feedback section..
  • edited October 2013

Totally agree with all of this post!! Multi-tabling on the new software is horrid!! It was bad enough last night when the mini open auto loaded in the new software!! 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky Poker:
    Hopefully they will keep this in poker chat as i did not even realise there was a feedback section..
    Posted by FINS
    Me neither, I was just asking Sky to confirm the old tables would remain, and if not to rethink it!
  • edited October 2013
    I also prefer the old tables for multi tabling. played 2/3 tourneys on the new tables... my main gripes are that they are a bit cluttered, especially when resized to a small size, and there is no miniview button - so each new table has to be resized manually. It can be a bit of a pain to resize multiple screens manually to be the same sizes and fit them into their slots on the screen whilst playing loads of other tables at the same time. 

...i will keep trying them to see if I can start to get on with them, but I think it would be nice to keep both tables as previously suggested An option in preferences for which style you want tables to auto open in would be good too.. dont want to have to be closing/reopening every single table when the new style becomes default.

if you will only keep the new tables, then please please introduce a miniview button, or some preferences to remember your table layouts/sizes. 
  • edited October 2013
    ChicknMelt, there is, as far as I remember, an option to open tables in mini-view as a default in both the new and old software. It's under the options tab on an open table.

Hopefully that will help you out.

I understand why some might not like the new software, but you have to accept that the old software is very limited and flawed. For years on this forum people have been complaining about delays in the launch of the new software and now there are people complaining that the old software should be kept. lol

The solution is to contribute what it is about the old software that you would like to see implemented in the new software and which things currently in the new software you don't like. Sky have responded to these things and made some significant changes based on feedback they've already received. If there are still things you don't like, tell them about it and see if they can change it.

The old software is pretty decrepit and, even if there are elements of it you like, it's got to go. It's too heavy on CPU usage and it can't be updated for use on tablets, which is apparently a key element in the development of the new software.

There are a lot of things the new software does a lot better than the old. If you think it can be better, tell the developers how.
  • edited October 2013
    +1 to BorinLoner.

Sky have spent a massive amount of time and money on the new software, they aint just gonna ditch it or keep allowing the use of old software because a few people don't like the new software.

FWIW, I'm also not exactly in love with the new software but as BL said, the way to change it so we are in love with it is to suggest what needs improving, as oppose to just asking for the old software which is also flawed in many ways.
  • edited October 2013

BL I don't have any issues with the old software and never have done.

"The old software is pretty "decrepit" BL"?

How so? I love it nice and simple to use, easy on the eye, unlike the new software.

• edited October 2013
    Toatlly agree.  I can't multi table the new software.  Can't put my finger on why but I just can't.  Can we have mini view that looks exactly the same as the old mini view?

• edited October 2013
    BL I don't have any issues with the old software and never have done. "The old software is pretty "decrepit" BL"? How so? I love it nice and simple to use, easy on the eye, unlike the new software.
    Posted by LARSON7
    +1
  • edited October 2013
    Toatlly agree.  I can't multi table the new software.  Can't put my finger on why but I just can't.  Can we have mini view that looks exactly the same as the old mini view?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    To be honest, if DTM can't multi-table the whole site will probably run a lot faster :D
  • edited October 2013
    BL I don't have any issues with the old software and never have done. "The old software is pretty "decrepit" BL"? How so? I love it nice and simple to use, easy on the eye, unlike the new software.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Well, the things you love about it are, presumably, things to do with it's layout. These are things that can be altered in the new software to match the things you like in the old.

The problems with the old software include the CPU heavy nature of it, the crazy betting structure, the fact it runs on flash so is incompatible with tablets... there are probably other things but I'm no expert on these.

Auto top-up and the correction of the betting system are just a couple of the advantages the new software has over the old. If you want there to be other changes, suggest them.

It's a couple of years since I began playing a little on Sky and I have to tell you that, even then, the software was vastly inferior to Stars' software. Now it's finally being improved, we have the chance to influence the ways in which it is being done.
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah there are tons of problems with the old software, BL has named a few. The betting fault btw is that all bets are 'raise X' instead of raise TO X' which means when in the blinds you have to deduct your blind from what you want to raise and any 3/4/5bet (pre or post) you have to deduct what you've already put in as your previous raise before knowing how much extra you want to raise... no other site does this.

They're not gonna waste money improving the old software so we'd be stuck with all them faults, but they will spend money fixing the new software so it makes sense to suggest improvements for that.
  • edited October 2013
    heres my suggestion - Make a skin which looks exactly like the old software. Thats all it needs. I dont think anyone has a problem with anything else.

Edit: decided the thing which i find most annoying is the player names encroaching on the table. It clutters everything up. THe only thing on the table(which should be dark blue, not the same pale colours as the chips(which are still too small))should be cards, button and chips.
  • edited October 2013
    heres my suggestion - Make a skin which looks exactly like the old software. Thats all it needs. I dont think anyone has a problem with anything else.
    Posted by offshoot
    Been thinking exactly the same.
    Seems to be the concensus that the old graphics are fine, just some of the functionality needs updating.
    i.e
    Resizing
    etc
    etc
  • edited October 2013
    heres my suggestion - Make a skin which looks exactly like the old software. Thats all it needs. I dont think anyone has a problem with anything else. Edit: decided the thing which i find most annoying is the player names encroaching on the table. It clutters everything up. THe only thing on the table(which should be dark blue, not the same pale colours as the chips(which are still too small))should be cards, button and chips.
    Posted by offshoot
    I think its probably too late now, SP have already adopted the standard layout for 6 max tables  which exists at every other major site. I suspect this is the real problem, in that you can easily miss action because the player to act before you is to one side of the table rather than directly opposite. 

The software is a massive step forward, remember if sky want to attract new players, mini view just wont cut the mustard. How many times have you been stacked on cash, only to be dealt aa or kk with 20p left behind, auto top up sorts that problem out. On the MTT tables I hope sky are bringing in an auto rebuy/addon tab for such tournaments. 

Human nature doesnt like change, but this is change for the better. I am afraid the only way to get round this is to embrace the software and get used to it. 

BL is right, for years we moaned about resizeable tables, now we got them, we still aren't happy!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky Poker : I think its probably too late now, SP have already adopted the standard layout for 6 max tables  which exists at every other major site. I suspect this is the real problem, in that you can easily miss action because the player to act before you is to one side of the table rather than directly opposite.  The software is a massive step forward, remember if sky want to attract new players, mini view just wont cut the mustard. How many times have you been stacked on cash, only to be dealt aa or kk with 20p left behind, auto top up sorts that problem out. On the MTT tables I hope sky are bringing in an auto rebuy/addon tab for such tournaments.  Human nature doesnt like change, but this is change for the better. I am afraid the only way to get round this is to embrace the software and get used to it.  BL is right, for years we moaned about resizeable tables, now we got them, we still aren't happy!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a5c751ba8-dc54-4f32-81aa-ce51246bd4c2Forum%3a94ba2655-a3ad-4d1d-ae2a-fa2c6ed724edDiscussion%3a1c5da50e-3d94-4132-8540-6500b5713b83&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0
  • edited October 2013
    ChicknMelt, there is, as far as I remember, an option to open tables in mini-view as a default in both the new and old software. It's under the options tab on an open table. Hopefully that will help you out. I understand why some might not like the new software, but you have to accept that the old software is very limited and flawed. For years on this forum people have been complaining about delays in the launch of the new software and now there are people complaining that the old software should be kept. lol The solution is to contribute what it is about the old software that you would like to see implemented in the new software and which things currently in the new software you don't like. Sky have responded to these things and made some significant changes based on feedback they've already received. If there are still things you don't like, tell them about it and see if they can change it. The old software is pretty decrepit and, even if there are elements of it you like, it's got to go. It's too heavy on CPU usage and it can't be updated for use on tablets, which is apparently a key element in the development of the new software. There are a lot of things the new software does a lot better than the old. If you think it can be better, tell the developers how.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    This exactly..

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky Poker : https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a5c751ba8-dc54-4f32-81aa-ce51246bd4c2Forum%3a94ba2655-a3ad-4d1d-ae2a-fa2c6ed724edDiscussion%3a1c5da50e-3d94-4132-8540-6500b5713b83&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0
    Posted by Lambert180
    That will teach me to leave the country, just shows how much attention I pay !

As sky have addressed this, I really cant see the problem. 
  • edited October 2013
    I didn't like it at first but forced myself to use it and now it feels a lot better than the old software.

No one likes change!
  • edited October 2013

one of the things I dislike about the new software is the when I want to do a reraise preflop I will need to use the slider.

• edited October 2013
     The new software has several very bad design faults imo---- 

1. The avarars and name plates NEED to be OFF the table--the side ones name plate currently goes over the line for the chips! ---horribly confusing on the eye!----and rather silly too .

2.The silly pile of chips at the top of the table NEEDS to be removed--- players can then be properly spaced, and not cluttered together at the ends of the table.

3. Atm cards are placed over the chip line--only chips should be placed over this line.--- make the table a bit smaller if it helps, but don't have stuff climbing all over it.

4.There is no need for the name plates to be so big, they add to the confusion atm -- 25% smaller would be much better.

5.If the table was not so confusing on the eye, there would be no need to change it for mini view.

Think-- how quickly can we see whats going on?