You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

APAT Team Championship Qualification - Week 5 of 5

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments
There are 8 spots in the team and only one player is a definite, congratulations to Tallboy who can sit back and relax knowing his place is secure. 7 places remain and it all comes down to the final tournament tomorrow evening at 7pm, with 18 players still mathematically able to qualify to represent Sky Poker at the APAT Team Championships in Manchester next month.

These are the current standings as of round 4:
POSITIONPLAYERPOINTS
1stTALLBOY32
2ndKAIDUS31
3rdSOLARCARRO30
4thKARLLUKE28
5thLOKI-ROGY28
6thMIKE197523
7thMARGATEMAF22
8thDELTA21
9thFLASHFLUSH18
10thGRIMLOCK18
11thJAMIELOU18
12thSHANXTA18
13thSKY_DAVE18
14thCORMACH17
15thONLYONECT17
16thJOOBIE53816
17thREPTON313
18thSKY_BERNIE13
19thGREGHOGG11
20thGR8TFLOP8
21stMR_MBRO7
22ndFLUTNUSH6
23rdDARICH5
24thJUMPA4
25thTHEMACKEM3
26thBIGBLUSTER2
27thLABRAT641
28thMAGGIESDAD1
With 13 points for a victory down to 1 point for 13th and below, there could be many twists and turns left in this journey. I'm sure all the players still in contention would love support from their friends and peers. 7pm, Thursday, Sky Poker. Be there, and watch as we choose our 8 men and women for battle.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    i would just like 2 say good luck 2 every1 and wat a cracking tornament this has been its been a pleasure 2 play with u all....del
  • edited December 2009
    Kaidus, as long as you remember to register, you will get 1pt, taking you to the magic guaranteed qualification number of 32...

Of course, depending on the result, this number can drop, but as you say, everyone down to 19th is still in with a shot.

I'm going to run a live thread and update as people are eliminated one by one...
    (I'm a spreadsheet geek!)

Everyone who has played has played in the spirit of the game and the Final 8 I am sure will do Sky proud.
    I consider myself lucky to have played these 5 legs with such a group of talented and friendly guys... and girls!

Just hope the TP mentors are watching!
  • edited December 2009
    It really is set up for a grandstand finish. I have no worries about which 8 qualify, I know they will represent Sky in the perfect way, and hopefully will go deep in the tourneys and take down the who event.

GO TEAM SKY!
  • edited December 2009
    Sadly, I've played like a total tart in this, and missed the penultimate qualifier to boot, so my chances are now non-existent. But it's been such a blast just taking part – and the banter has been great. 

I've made some great new friends – and learned loads from playing everyone in this; there's been a mind-bending mix of styles and outlooks on the game, and I've tried to steal a little something from everyone. As a result, my game will get better, I'm sure.

Without wishing to appear too soppy, I'd genuinely like to thank all those that put this together; including FlashFlush, Sky and APAT. I've no doubt that the final team will indeed do everyone proud, and if I can find a way to bribe or blag my way into this, I'll see you there. If not, I'll be railing from somewhere (unless I forget or get a better offer, obviously).

Well played, and good luck all.
  • edited December 2009
    well the way i have been playing and the way the cards have been falling recently, if i get through tomorrow night it will be a miracle ;) i have made some mind blowing numpty calls!! god knows where my head is at, at the minute. obviously not on poker!!

but agree with all the comments up top that it has been a lot of fun and a real giggle with the other players ;) so GL to all in it tomorrow ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Final table minimum required for me I feel :-S ... A* game needed tonight, really want a place in this after all the work lol
  • edited December 2009
    Very happy with one's performance last week (5th in this and over £70 in Bounty Hunter!!) but i have to get another top 5 finish if i've got any chance of qualifying.

Not really bothered if any of the TP mentors are watching this because i know i won't get one of those emails but if they are watching - ELLO and i sing worse than Jedward lol!!!

Overall it's been a superb event to be a part of and whoever qualifies i'm convinced will represent Sky Poker will a lot of class and will hopefully do awesome in the APAT event.

• edited December 2009

With moving house, I've not been able to play in all the other rounds so won't bother registering for the one tonight.

btw - haven't the first 5 already qualified mathematically?

• edited December 2009
    13 points for 1st, down to 2 for 12th and anyone registering gets 1

So, while probable, there are some freaky situations where there could be ties etc.