You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

jimfloyd chat banned!!

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
just heard that jimi has been chat banned, i was on the same table as him playing omaha cash game and the other guy starting dishing out the abuse first, it wasnt nothing heavy just a bit of banter but other guy reported him and hes been banned.

were all adults here no need to go crying all the time to live chat when someone calls you a donk, etc.

where do we draw the line on what we can say in the chat box?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to jimfloyd chat banned!!:
    just heard that jimi has been chat banned, i was on the same table as him playing omaha cash game and the other guy starting dishing out the abuse first, it wasnt nothing heavy just a bit of banter but other guy reported him and hes been banned. were all adults here no need to go crying all the time to live chat when someone calls you a donk, etc. where do we draw the line on what we can say in the chat box?
    Posted by webby234
    Nice things or when im upset i find grrrr or ouch works best
  • edited December 2009
    There's a lot of other forum people  chat banned as well, I could name a few  but im not getting  involved anymore,    
    I  nearly got banned myself for something I new nothing about, so  i'll  just stick to
    the "x files", and poker , safer that way !!     :))
  • edited December 2009

very soon i feel we wont even be able to say wd or nh will we? dav

• edited December 2009
    Some of it is silly with the chat bans, but i had someone on a table saying "i hope you all die of cancer" the other day. its the stuff like that which needs to be banned.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: jimfloyd chat banned!!:
    Some of it is silly with the chat bans, but i had someone on a table saying "i hope you all die of cancer" the other day. its the stuff like that which needs to be banned.
    Posted by big_mick12
    Had the exact same line said when on table.

These ppl are sick and should be stopped!!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    I cant believe Jimi got banned. He is one of the nicest fellas anyone could wish to meet.

Superb player as well.

He never has a bad word to say to anyone.
  • edited December 2009
    Ohhhh and ppl who have been chat banned normally deserve it.

FELL 4 THAT LAST TIME, JUST ASK TK
  • edited December 2009
    I cant believe Jimi got banned. He is one of the nicest fellas anyone could wish to meet. Superb player as well. He never has a bad word to say to anyone.
    Posted by Hale72
    Same here. I've been playing SNGs with jimifloyd since 1958 (or so it seems! lol) - top fella.

Guess he must have experienced the red mist?

• edited December 2009

Yer I had some one say the 'hope you die of cancer; line when I knocked them out of a double up, this is a game of poker at the end of the day, if people cant take losing DONT PLAY.

as for jimifloyd getting chat banned I cant believe it, good lad/friend of mine and the amount of abuse this lad takes is stupid, ive evan seen people whilst playing saying all the his all in etc, totally unexeptable,
    however he just gets on with it, obviously someone must of pushed him a little to far.

• edited December 2009
    Posted by big_mick12
    I too like you and fallen, had this exact same insult !! small world with small minds i'm afraid
  • edited December 2009

Impossible to know whether Jimi deserved the ban or not as I wasn't there to observe the chat.

The Mods have their work cut out and don't ban people lightly or without going through the chatbox history to get as good a feel as possible for what has gone on.

Jimi has always been extremely friendly and polite whenever I've encountered him on the tables and is always happy to impart advice and congratulate other players successes.

So for this reason, I hope the ban is a temporary one.
  • edited December 2009

It’s worst during the late-night crapshoots. Half the players who log on after 10pm have been on the ale first and that often leads to colourful exchanges.

Shamefully, I once retaliated in similar fashion but didn’t get banned (I’ve never been banned in about 4 years on this site). I think the best way to deal with it is peer pressure; if I see someone having an undue go at someone on my table, I’ll tell them to back off. If everyone did this, the perps would soon stop. After all, this is what happens in a home game.

• edited December 2009

I wrote my side of the story and no bad language,arguments for and against and guess what,thats right
    after been posted it was there for a full 5 minutes and mysteriously dissapeared.Guess some ones got a point that ur not all supposed to see.

After ringing skys helpdesk about it they told me aliens have abducted my post and they are currently
    beaming signals in space for first contact as regards to getting my post back.
    Fingers crossed.

• edited December 2009
    I wrote my side of the story and no bad language,arguments for and against and guess what,thats right after been posted it was there for a full 5 minutes and mysteriously dissapeared.Guess some ones got a point that ur not all supposed to see. After ringing skys helpdesk about it they told me aliens have abducted my post and they are currently beaming signals in space for first contact as regards to getting my post back. Fingers crossed.
    Posted by jimifloyd

hey,

i sent you a private message the second after i deleted your post. go check your inbox!

just to clarify... although i'm 100% sure you weren't being abusive in your post and merely explaining something, we can't allow abusive language, no matter what the context.

if you need any help checking your private messages just shout.

Rich
  • edited December 2009
    I've played him and found pleasant enough but he did post a thread on here sometime ago saying he was getting very wound up with the abuse he was receiving and was only going to play in mini view or with player chat turned off.

Clearly he did'nt do this and did react to something.

To many muppets/keyboard warriors out there unfortunately, played a £2 dym omaha, great game last four players went through 5 blind levels before someone was knocked out, i'm typing ul gg and he comes back with abuse and were all in collusion against him.

Have no player chat now unless i recognize the names at the table from community threads.
  • edited December 2009
    ive played jimi on loads of tables and he has always been a gent,by the looks of it he used swear words in chat box and if the child you started it reports him sky are obliged to take action,tho i understand they dont chat ban without a couple of warnings?..
    it's maybe a good thing for you jimi,now you can really concentrate and get your winnings up to 90% instead of your usual c rappy 75% lol
  • edited December 2009

Thx for ur comments all good or bad.

I do seem a bit hypocrytical with regards to the not talking thread.

I did state im not talking in sit and goes but talking in tournaments as i dont play cash tables this was for
    a bit of banter with webby,it was omaha and a cash table.I dont talk in sit and goes but break my rules a few times if i see a freindy face,
    what can i say someone makes a great call at my table eg. nosebonk made a great call at 1 table huge bluff by opponent,i cant help myself poker excites me and i have to say ,hey bonk great call pal.

• edited December 2009
    So you can get banned for thanking someone for playing badly?
  • edited December 2009

I don't know anything about this matter, & it has nothing to do with me. As most know, I'm strongly opposed to Chat-Box abuse, & I will never defend those who do it.

However......

If I had been Chat-Banned, & thought it unjust, the LAST place I'd want to see it debated was here, on this Forum. Airing this sort of dirty washing in public does not help either party - trust me.

I'd write to the Suits, explaining the circumstances, all cooey-wooey, & ask them to see if they could or would re-consider. And I'd ask them, respectfully, to remove this Thread. Resilution is MUCH easier & quicker if the whole matter is not splattered all over the Forum.

Jimi - I'm completely neutral in this, but nobody wants to see anyone Chat-Banned, least of all Sky Poker, unless of course it's deserved. I hope you accept my Post in the spirit intended - I've seen this scenario a thousand times.

As it stands, this thread will get very hot, very soon, & that's hardly in your best interest. Sort it out privately with Sky-Rich, & resolution will be much quicker, & most probably, better
  • edited December 2009

To be fair tikay i didn't start the post.
    I got a chat ban i sweared once he started the abuse,i was minding my own buisness.
    Were human beings we have tempers and if some one starts i think they should be able to take it back.
    If my chat ban lasts forever thats fine by me end of the day each person has a lot more to give then they have to lose.

Many people have asked me for help in sit and goes and i have always helped.
    Not saying im great but i like a laugh like to help and like my poker.

With regards to dirty laundry my names dirt now and i can't say anything except in the forum so
    the more a problem pops up the more it needs to be addressed i think.

Abuse doesn't stem from swearing it comes in all shapes and forms.

In short i dont mind the chat ban but the instigaters keep getting away with it.
    How can you start an argument then grass the other person up?
    Rules are set in stone but never perfect thats why they are changed and updated as the years go by.

• edited December 2009
    Your name ain't dirt. I hope your ban is a short one and see you on the tables. Of course you won't be able to answer back so I may take the opportunity to call you names :-p lol.
    Keep on winnin'!
    Cheers :)
  • edited December 2009
    To be fair tikay i didn't start the post. I got a chat ban i sweared once he started the abuse,i was minding my own buisness. Were human beings we have tempers and if some one starts i think they should be able to take it back. If my chat ban lasts forever thats fine by me end of the day each person has a lot more to give then they have to lose. Many people have asked me for help in sit and goes and i have always helped. Not saying im great but i like a laugh like to help and like my poker. With regards to dirty laundry my names dirt now and i can't say anything except in the forum so the more a problem pops up the more it needs to be addressed i think. Abuse doesn't stem from swearing it comes in all shapes and forms. In short i dont mind the chat ban but the instigaters keep getting away with it. How can you start an argument then grass the other person up? Rules are set in stone but never perfect thats why they are changed and updated as the years go by.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    I never suggested you did Jimi. And I don't think for one moment your name "is dirt now", though this Thread sure ain't helping.

I was simply trying to oil the wheels to a quicker & better resolution. 

As I stated, I hope you took it in the spirit intended. When there's a fire, it's better to pour water on it, not petrol.
  • edited December 2009
    unless its a chip pan fire tikay... u get a lovly WHOOSH and then half your hair is gone if u put water on it :) dont want any1 hurt so just thort id mention this fact :)
  • edited December 2009

No problem Tikay ur a spot on guy.

• edited December 2009
    Yes, never throw water on a fat fire - it'll take your face off.
  • edited December 2009
    tk is right though never chuck petrol on a bbq either,it can take ya eyebrows off!!

ps maybe we should have a special thread for health and safety issues??
  • edited December 2009
    Well Jimi, who'd have thought it! Sorry to hear matey, sure it will be a short ban and voice of reason Tikay is spot on as usual. You can go back into robotic mode on the tables agaian mate!