You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is it always best to push with AA?

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Over to you, BorinLoner....

Comments

• edited October 2013
    push pre flop with AA or try to slow play to maximise returns?
  • edited October 2013
    Generally not ideal to open shove! Unless late on in a tournie when shallow.

It's a really sweet hand for cash (at lower levels) people will call you do with top pair a lot. ANd you can win chunky pots with it post flop.

But don't become to attached to it be willing to fold it on occasion if some one plays back on a scarey board.  
  • edited October 2013
    No. 

Its such a broad question that it would take more time than anyone would care to write an explanation and anyone who would be bothered to read said explanation.

All I would like to say is if you are looking to trap (by limping/calling) be prepared to let it go early in a hand if it all goes wrong. I.E. Multiple callers and/or horrible coordinated flop and a lot of action on that flop. Generally though we want to be raising it the same we would do any other hand and then see what happens. Its only one pair after all and only the nuts pre flop. After that its anyones pot!
  • edited October 2013
    many thanks all....

reason for question was i was in a tourney, dealt AA and raised up 2 1/2 times from small blind and was called from the big blind....rainbow flop came down which gave opponent an up and down straight draw which he went on to hit on river. 

he had called with 97 suited, flop came down with 68 and i didn't put him on the draw, and maybe he would have folded to a push

cheers
  • edited October 2013
    I prefer the limp min reraise 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: is it always best to push with AA?:
    many thanks all.... reason for question was i was in a tourney, dealt AA and raised up 2 1/2 times from small blind and was called from the big blind....rainbow flop came down which gave opponent an up and down straight draw which he went on to hit on river.  he had called with 97 suited, flop came down with 68 and i didn't put him on the draw, and maybe he would have folded to a push cheers
    Posted by mac24
    Standard call on Sky poker with any suited cards. Especially in bounty hunters
  • edited October 2013
    Depends on stack sizes involved of course, but I'm certainly not folding 79s to a SB raise.