You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

We fought the good fight...

Captain, we will not let you down next week. We shall show them once again that our small brotherhood are tougher than they anticipated. Sorry you hav to face another forfeit and we will do everything we can to ensure tikay  has to do next weeks forfeit. I have told hotel i am unavailable for work next wedensday as i foresee a later finishing time than you predicted.

TEAM ORFORD = a small dedeicated unit fighting against greater numbers, a sort of commando outfit

you have transformed a rabble of donkeys and fish into decent reasonable players and all the troops salute you sir

Comments

• edited December 2009

My fellows Orfordians,

I have just awoken (at 3pm- told you I was turning into Tikay) to open my laptop and receive this devastating news. I actually feel like going back to sleep.

It would seem that being beaten in the shovefest luckbox flip-a-coin tournaments of Velocity and 1 Minute Roulette have wrecked our chances.

To be fair I held little hope as I was watched last night's carnage unfurl, but prayed that somehow we might level the score for the deepstack.

Alas, it was not to be.

Congratulations to Team Tikay. They have fought a brilliant campaign and have provided lots of good banter in the forum and chatbox over the last month.
    Let's keep all the humour going for the Deepstack next week.

Team Orford- I am very proud of you all. We battled against superior numbers, a captain who kept complaining to head office and game formats which did not allow us to express ourselves to the best of our abilities.

We were also loud and proud on the forum.

Do not be downhearted Orfordians. We can take away our fantastic Bounty Hunter victory and know that until last night's donkfest we were leading in the prize money rankings.

It's been a tremendous challenge and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, although I wish it had gone to the wire.

Next time the Tikayers take on  the Orfordians- let's play 5 Opens/Bounty Hunters and then count up all the prize money at the end of the 5 legs to declare a winner. I think we may see a little turn around in our fortunes there.

At the very least, can we drop the Roulette for a crucial decider? Please? Pretty please? Humph!

Well done all, great event and been amazing on the forum.

See you all at the Deepstack, which promises to finish around about the same time I've just got up!!!!
  • edited December 2009

And there you have it - another Orford Speech, slightly longer, & marginally less riveting, than War & Peace.

I'll give Orford one thing - he's good at speeches.

But I intend to be magnaminous in Victory, so I'd like to say this;

Team Orford were worthy Losers.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Rich

A worthy advesary and team, I salute you
  • edited December 2009
    Great speech chief - it just goes to show why we "Orfords" are so proud.

Don't give up; I've employed Messrs Fixit, Bodgit and Dodge to visit Sky Towers and do a complete audit of the results. I think you'll find that they will come up with a completely different story to the one we've been told.
  • edited December 2009
    Inspirational as always, lets win the deepstack!!

Whoever takes the baton in the war v Tikay I stand alongside them and fight some more!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to We fought the good fight...:
    My fellows Orfordians, I have just awoken (at 3pm- told you I was turning into Tikay) to open my laptop and receive this devastating news. I actually feel like going back to sleep. It would seem that being beaten in the shovefest luckbox flip-a-coin tournaments of Velocity and 1 Minute Roulette have wrecked our chances. To be fair I held little hope as I was watched last night's carnage unfurl, but prayed that somehow we might level the score for the deepstack. Alas, it was not to be. Congratulations to Team Tikay. They have fought a brilliant campaign and have provided lots of good banter in the forum and chatbox over the last month. Let's keep all the humour going for the Deepstack next week. Team Orford- I am very proud of you all. We battled against superior numbers, a captain who kept complaining to head office and game formats which did not allow us to express ourselves to the best of our abilities. We were also loud and proud on the forum. Do not be downhearted Orfordians. We can take away our fantastic Bounty Hunter victory and know that until last night's donkfest we were leading in the prize money rankings. It's been a tremendous challenge and I've thoroughly enjoyed it, although I wish it had gone to the wire. Next time the Tikayers take on  the Orfordians- let's play 5 Opens/Bounty Hunters and then count up all the prize money at the end of the 5 legs to declare a winner. I think we may see a little turn around in our fortunes there. At the very least, can we drop the Roulette for a crucial decider? Please? Pretty please? Humph! Well done all, great event and been amazing on the forum. See you all at the Deepstack, which promises to finish around about the same time I've just got up!!!!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    This was honestly, without a doubt, one of the greatest moments in my poker life - and all to do with the fun and sharing it with my team.  Well played all Team Orford and lets go out with a bang next week in the deepstack :)
  • edited December 2009
    Rich/Tikay - have you considered LML's idea of making the Deep Stack 'Double or Nothing'?

Now, some cynical (and astute) members of Team Tikay will say, "Er...what's in it for us? Of course Orford will take that offer. He's got nothing to lose!"

Well...how about the two captains have a side bet (amount TBD) on the result of TKO Leg 5?

It could either be for personal gain, or - as you're both ridiculously overpaid - the loser could donate the money to a charity of the winner's choosing?

• edited December 2009

I'll have a side-bet with him James.

If Team Orford wins Leg 5, (lol), I will wear the Blue Jumper on TV.

When - sorry, if - Team tikay win Leg 5, he has to wear the Burgundy Jacket on TV.

Well, Orford? Are you man enough?
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight...:
    I'll have a side-bet with him James. If Team Orford wins Leg 5, (lol), I will wear the Blue Jumper on TV. When - sorry, if - Team tikay win Leg 5, he has to wear the Burgundy Jacket on TV. Well, Orford? Are you man enough?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I predict his response will be.......

Noooooooooooooooo
  • edited December 2009
    I'll have a side-bet with him James. If Team Orford wins Leg 5, (lol), I will wear the Blue Jumper on TV. When - sorry, if - Team tikay win Leg 5, he has to wear the Burgundy Jacket on TV. Well, Orford? Are you man enough?
    Posted by Tikay10

YES YES YES!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Go for it Rich - we won't let you down.
    Team Orford is totally behind you on this.
    The Old Brigade won't be able to luckbox another win.

Yes, I know "luckbox" isn't a verb (or doing word).
  • edited December 2009
    Great speach oh great one! And may I say its been an absolute pleasure fighting the good fight under the Orfordian banner! Unfortunately, we were fighting against overwhelming odds! 125 vs 700 is not a fair fight imo but it's still enough to take the Deep Stack next week!
    Take up Tikay's offer Rich, we WON'T let you down and it'll be priceless seeing him wearing the blue jumper!!!

ORFORDIANS FOREVER!!!!!
    (well, until we get a new leader to take on the old folk! lol)

• edited December 2009
    I believe Orford made a very good point in leaving the roulette as the decider game in future! Would certainly be more nervewracking and exciting leaving it til last if both teams are equal!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Tikay10

You're on, matey. Good luck trying on the blue jumper btw, I've been using it as a dishcloth since Saturday...
  • edited December 2009

WD Rich/ostrich/taxi

Got lots of people together on the site who prob would not play against each other.(who ever thought of the idea was a genius. Must of been TK)
    Very enjoyable time even getting knocked out didnt stop team TK  going around and heckling of which LML is the queen.
    Everyone took it in the right spirt.

Look forward to our next challenger.

Dave

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : You're on, matey. Good luck trying on the blue jumper btw, I've been using it as a dishcloth since Saturday...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    You'd been using it as a dishcloth before last Saturday, too, by the look if it.

I can't believe you insisted on wearing it, despite the advice of the Producer, & myself.
  • edited December 2009
    THE BEST TEAM WON - FACT

AND IT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTON

NEVER
    NEVER
    NEVER
    NEVER......................
  • edited December 2009
    I believe Orford made a very good point in leaving the roulette as the decider game in future! Would certainly be more nervewracking and exciting leaving it til last if both teams are equal!
    Posted by ness4
    BUT TEAM TIKAY WILL WIN THE DEEPSTACK ASWELL.
  • edited December 2009

Once again, xFALLENx gets it right.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : You'd been using it as a dishcloth before last Saturday, too, by the look if it. I can't believe you insisted on wearing it, despite the advice of the Producer, & myself.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well at least this week he has the choice of the slightly more blue jumper, the slightly less blue jumper and the girlie CERISE jumper.

Personally my moneys on the cerise.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : Well at least this week he has the choice of the slightly more blue jumper, the slightly less blues jumper and the girlie cerise one. Personally my moneys on the cerise.
    Posted by LML
    If that's the case, I'll be taking the audio only feed.
  • edited December 2009
    I can't decide whether to go for an off-the-shoulder number or a chic retro ball-gown.

Think I'll see how the mood takes me tomorrow evening...
  • edited December 2009
    I can't decide whether to go for an off-the-shoulder number or a chic retro ball-gown. Think I'll see how the mood takes me tomorrow evening...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I vote for what Lisa-Marie was wearing last night, my eyes still have that far away look ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : I vote for what Lisa-Marie was wearing last night, my eyes still have that far away look ;)
    Posted by acebarry10

Er, ok then Baz. I'll wear that. Whatever floats your boat...
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : Er, ok then Baz. I'll wear that. Whatever floats your boat...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Please you 2 get a room....
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : Please you 2 get a room....
    Posted by Dingdell
    A padded one, preferably. :-)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : I vote for what Lisa-Marie was wearing last night, my eyes still have that far away look ;)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Haha Baz u perv!!!

Saying that.......those legs last night - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)
    Very distracting whilst playing online and trying to watch the tele at the same time!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : Haha Baz u perv!!! Saying that.......those legs last night - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;) Very distracting whilst playing online and trying to watch the tele at the same time!
    Posted by phil12uk
    Got it in 1 lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We fought the good fight... : Haha Baz u perv!!! Saying that.......those legs last night - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;) Very distracting whilst playing online and trying to watch the tele at the same time!
    Posted by phil12uk
    NOW I know why Barry doesn't actually play in the games and just rails lol