You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

STT cancelled? Never seen that before

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

Thought I'd get a sneaky last double point STT in this morning and reg'ed.

Was looking around the forum - just dawned on me it hadn't started then I saw this...

Is there a time limit on STTs? Only ever seen MTTs cancel for not reaching minimum.

Tournament CancelledCancelled at 2013-10-21 08:55:05Registered1 / 6

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Never seen that before either. I don't understand why there would be a time limit on STTs.
  • edited October 2013
    Maybe it's because of the double points thing & all sngs that spawned before 8.55 but didn't start were cancelled, as the points thing stops @ 9.
  • edited October 2013

Only guessing, but I would guess that they need to reset the Reward Points software for STT's at 0900 promptly, as the DOUBLE REWARD Points ends then, so if one was WAITING to start at 0855, it would be unlikely to commence before 0900.

They would then all re-open for entries a few minutes later, & proceed as per.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: STT cancelled? Never seen that before:
    Never seen that before either. I don't understand why there would be a time limit on STTs.
    Posted by Slipwater
    No, there is no time limit in ordinary circumstances.

As explained earlier, this is a bit like when the clocks go back/forward, or VAT/petrol/ciggies increase at Midnight, it causes a few furrowed brows & headaches either side of the time.
  • edited October 2013
    Maybe it's because of the double points thing & all sngs that spawned before 8.55 but didn't start were cancelled, as the points thing stops @ 9.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I guess they may have stopped all unfilled tables while they reset the points awards.

Cost me a whole extra poker point that! [don't worry sky I can let that one go]

• edited October 2013
    Aha same reasoning from Tikay while I was replying to Dohh

• edited October 2013
    Hey Phantom,

Indeed, as Tikay as alluded to all the empty SNGs were scheduled to be cancelled at 08:55 this morning so that we could spawn new ones in their place shortly after (with the normal amount of rewards points attributed). 

This must have happend JUST after you registered which is really unlucky! I will re-imburse you that 1 point! ;)

All the SNGs are back in the lobby now so feel free to get stuck in.

Cheers.
  • edited October 2013
    Hey Phantom, Indeed, as Tikay as alluded to all the empty SNGs were scheduled to be cancelled at 08:55 this morning so that we could spawn new ones in their place shortly after (with the normal amount of rewards points attributed).  This must have happend JUST after you registered which is really unlucky! I will re-imburse you that 1 point! ;) All the SNGs are back in the lobby now so feel free to get stuck in. Cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Thanks for the clarification - and the bonus point!

...wish I'd reg'd for a £220 DYM now ;-)