You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I love Omaha (Chirp alert)

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Ive been playing Omaha since Monday, a really enjoyable alternative to Holdem. Previously never played it before

Just won my first ever MTT. (9.45 tonight 27 runners) WHOOP!

Thanks to Machka and Darich for railing

Also thanks to Talon, tikay, Mere and many others whose advice i have been following regarding Omaha
GREGHOGG540001£125 + 20 League Points
thegrey102£75 + 16 League Points
lisasno03£50 + 12 League Points

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Congrats Greg!

I was going start a discussion about Omaha but noticed this thread.  Played a couple of freerolls last night and 2p/4p of Omaha. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.  Need to read up more on the game and especially on what are good starting hands. 

Thankfully didn't lose too much money but noticed the average pot on some of the bigger stake tables was mind boggling.

Excellent addition by Sky Poker
  • edited December 2009
    Congratulations Greg.
    I never doubted that you would take to Omaha like a duck to water.
    I'm sure that this is just the first of many good wins for you.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Greg

You know how much I love this game :), dont mean to say I dont like to see my m8s win though, nice 1
  • edited December 2009

Well done Greg, got to agree a very enjoyable alternative to holdem.

• edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009
    congrats greg

my money would be on you to win a SSOP bracelet lol
  • edited December 2009
    vwd greg i like many are really enjoying omaha.dav
  • edited December 2009
    greggs one of the best so was bound to pick omaha pretty sharpish,hope it keeps him away from holdem for abit...sean
  • edited December 2009
    Wd Greg watched you play the other night

Gregg for Total Player. :-)
  • edited December 2009

Congrats Greg - I knew you'd manage the transition quickly.

I actually enjoy the variety & challenge of Omaha (a game that requires a much wider & different skillset than Hold 'Em) so much that I struggle to revert to 2 card games now. It's a terrific mental challenge, a thinking game.

By the way, they are still sorting out the Tourney "balance" of Omaha, but tonight there are TWO £500 Guaranteed Omaha Tourneys - one at 7.15pm, & the other at 8.15pm. I plan to play both, & so that I keep my Hold 'Em eye in, the 7.30pm £22 Deepie.

Luverly!
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks all for your kind comments.

Tikay, i agree its a mental challenge, my brain is frazzled.

I would like to play the 7.15 and 8.15 and the 22 deepie too, but unfortunately my PC is rubbish and can only comfortably do 2 tables. Also, im committed to the APAT qualifier at 7pm even though i cant qualify.

So im gonna play the 22 deepie i think and maybean omaha tournie later.  Cant see your name on the 22 deepie list btw?

Good luck, hope every1 has a top evening!

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I love Omaha (Chirp alert):
    Thanks all for your kind comments. Tikay, i agree its a mental challenge, my brain is frazzled. I would like to play the 7.15 and 8.15 and the 22 deepie too, but unfortunately my PC is rubbish and can only comfortably do 2 tables. Also, im committed to the APAT qualifier at 7pm even though i cant qualify. So im gonna play the 22 deepie i think and maybean omaha tournie later.  Cant see your name on the 22 deepie list btw? Good luck, hope every1 has a top evening!
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I've not made my mind up yet, tbh.

I learnt early - VERY early - in my poker journey to look for Value, & avoid bad value.

Here's the line-up so far in the 7.30 Deepie.....

anjie19705000  
    ctbn5000  
    FlashFlush5000  
    GREGHOGG5000  
    phil12uk5000  
    SHY-BOY5000  
    SoLack5000  
    tallboy5000  
    Not much value there, apart from PhilLuckboxUK, is there? They are all well handy! (LuckboxPhil excepted).

Whereas there seems to me to be a lot of value in the Omaha Tourneys so far.

I'll probably play it, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I love Omaha (Chirp alert) : I've not made my mind up yet, tbh. I learnt early - VERY early - in my poker journey to look for Value, & avoid bad value. Here's the line-up so far in the 7.30 Deepie..... anjie1970 5000     ctbn 5000     FlashFlush 5000     GREGHOGG 5000     phil12uk 5000     SHY-BOY 5000     SoLack 5000     tallboy 5000     Not much value there, apart from PhilLuckboxUK, is there? They are all well handy! (LuckboxPhil excepted). Whereas there seems to me to be a lot of value in the Omaha Tourneys so far. I'll probably play it, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very good point!

Where are the fish when you need em? Orford, where are you?:)
  • edited December 2009
    Ive decided to go for the 7.15 omaha now (good value and overlay) and give the 22 deepie a miss tonight!

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: I love Omaha (Chirp alert) : I've not made my mind up yet, tbh. I learnt early - VERY early - in my poker journey to look for Value, & avoid bad value. Here's the line-up so far in the 7.30 Deepie..... anjie1970 5000     ctbn 5000     FlashFlush 5000     GREGHOGG 5000     phil12uk 5000     SHY-BOY 5000     SoLack 5000     tallboy 5000     Not much value there, apart from PhilLuckboxUK, is there? They are all well handy! (LuckboxPhil excepted). Whereas there seems to me to be a lot of value in the Omaha Tourneys so far. I'll probably play it, but I'm trying to talk myself out of it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    OOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im gonna go cry in a dark corner now :(

Still waiting for my piece of burgundy trophy as well ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Oops...forgot to say very well done Greg.

Was it a full moon last night - you, Mere and DP all winning tournies on the same night!?!
  • edited December 2009
    Only just spotted this post Greg.

Congrats on the win - I went to bed when there were three of you left in this, and was wondering how you'd got on.