You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You and your poker...

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

Which of these best describes you as a poker player?

Comments

• edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    Not sure I particularly fit into any of those... I am not a beginner, and I think I play too often to be classed as occasional, but I don't spend hours researching the game and strategies, I like to learn through playing so I wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast. Although I am enjoying playing the game more recently, it still always comes down to the money at the end of the day, so although I do have a full time job I have gone for professional.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: You and your poker...:
    Not sure I particularly fit into any of those... I am not a beginner, and I think I play too often to be classed as occasional, but I don't spend hours researching the game and strategies, I like to learn through playing so I wouldn't say I'm an enthusiast. Although I am enjoying playing the game more recently, it still always comes down to the money at the end of the day, so although I do have a full time job I have gone for professional.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    + $10,000 months have a lot to answer for ;)

Where's the 'addict' option?
  • edited October 2013
    Well, professional, by definition, means you get paid for it...

...which makes me a professional writer, poker player, speaker, and document controller - but not all of those fit on my passport :D
  • edited October 2013
    Only one person has called themselves a learning beginner, so far.

Typical, no? We're all experts. ;)
  • edited October 2013

The only one I am not is a professional.

Top 3 all true to some extent
  • edited October 2013

Thanks for the votes guys.

• edited October 2013
    None really fit the bill for me, I'd say I'm more than an enthusiast but a long way from being or wanting to be a professional.
  • edited October 2013
    Well, professional, by definition, means you get paid for it... ...which makes me a professional writer, poker player, speaker, and document controller - but not all of those fit on my passport :D
    Posted by Slipwater
    Unfortunately, telling your job center adviser what you have done to look for work this week is not classed as being a "speaker". Signing on to get your dole is not classed as being a "writer", and cashing your giro does not make you a "document controller".

I'm kidding of course, but you'll never show us anything you have written, you'll never give us examples of where you've been a speaker...but yeah....I'm just kidding.
  • edited October 2013
    Oh yeah............

I'm an occasional fun player,

I earn a very good wage so there is NO WAY could poker match that, also,, After work, taking the kids out, taking the Mrs out, taking the Mrs and kids out, walking the dog, my mid week 5 a side and weekend Sunday league football, Gym 4 times a week, watching the Villa at ALL home games, I jut don't have the time to play more than 2 hours a week, sometimes 3 or 4 hours, but usually I'm a 2 hours a week player.

• edited October 2013
    my answer really would feel split

if it was tourneys then the answer is easy i'm a beginner learning the game.

but with cash i can't really see my answer in them i now can dominate the beginners, i would put myself the next step up in cash where a villians bets are not so obvious.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: You and your poker... : Unfortunately, telling your job center adviser what you have done to look for work this week is not classed as being a "speaker". Signing on to get your dole is not classed as being a "writer", and cashing your giro does not make you a "document controller". I'm kidding of course, but you'll never show us anything you have written, you'll never give us examples of where you've been a speaker...but yeah....I'm just kidding.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    This isn't very pleasant. I'd suggest you stop trying to mock and undermine people.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: You and your poker... : Unfortunately, telling your job center adviser what you have done to look for work this week is not classed as being a "speaker". Signing on to get your dole is not classed as being a "writer", and cashing your giro does not make you a "document controller". I'm kidding of course, but you'll never show us anything you have written, you'll never give us examples of where you've been a speaker...but yeah....I'm just kidding.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    Actually, mate, I have been paid for my writing - there are plenty examples of this online, and in print; just Google my name - and I have been paid to speak at functions, not that I should have to explain either of these things to you. I have been writing fiction since I was a kid. My full time job is as a document controller.

Thanks for your input.