You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Breaking News...ITT: FURIOUS... Attention All Regs

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
what is the meaning of this Sky Poker

affiliates!? wtf!

u mean.... i can sign up via this site and auto-get 30% rakeback?? doesnt this undermine the whole overhaul of the C4P system a few months back?...why should i even bother with priority when i could 'potentially' create a new account via here! ive got to grind my ti*s off to get 30%, now just any1 can get it??

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Keep reading it to the bottom of the page.
  • edited October 2013
    Sky does give 30% you have to make 30k in points. That website I think only shows what the maximum rakeback could be.
  • edited October 2013
    As of May 1st 2013 all RTR players will be moved to the Sky Poker Rewards program. All RTR players will be automatically upgraded to the Priority Club Gold Rewards level which is worth 30% rakeback
  • edited October 2013
    I think yu just went in all in preflop, lol...yep this is skypoker....
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Breaking News...ITT: FURIOUS... Attention All Regs:
    As of May 1 st 2013 all RTR players will be moved to the Sky Poker Rewards program. All RTR players will be automatically upgraded to the Priority Club Gold Rewards level which is worth 30% rakeback
    Posted by Slykllist
    So all RTR players would get 30% regardless of their points total?

I saw this site a while ago actually and tried to see if I could sign up to it with an existing alias (you can do this on RTR on some other networks) but it wouldn't let me.

EDIT: Just read details on site and it looks like anyone that signed up through RTR will get 30% RB regardless of how many points they earn (and then get the standard Prio benefits if you get 10k+ points). Pretty sigh if that's the case like.
  • edited October 2013
    Certainly reads that way Paul, not clear if it's just 1st month or forever but glad I'm not Priority or I think I'd be a tad annoyed
  • edited October 2013
    Tbf, I'd still be annoyed if I was you and I wasn't Priority.

Say you get just 5k points, now that's 5000 x 2p so £100

Assuming you got them all from MTTs/SnGs, you've paid £500 of rake so through RTR would get £150. Some might say it's only £50 but imo it's quite a lot, it's 50% extra, and a difference of £600 in your pocket over the year.
  • edited October 2013
    every1 should b annoyed!
  • edited October 2013
    every1 should b annoyed!
    Posted by sikas
    Yeah just pointed out to someone on FB that it means 15,000 points goes from about £375 to like £560, so nearly £2.5k difference over a year, nice tax free payrise if you play for a living
  • edited October 2013
    Needs clarifying whether it's just for the first month and you must reach 30k points to maintain that.

I'm with others assuming it is temporary, but the information is a touch ambiguous.
  • edited October 2013
    This certainly doesn't look good. Be nice to get a response from Sky........
  • edited October 2013
    Donttellmum would be a millionaire by now
  • edited October 2013
    With all those rake races that were run, I'd have thought he was close now....
  • edited October 2013
    i saw this before some where and it wasnt worded as bad as this one but i looked into it and they were jus advertising the max RB possible and saying that their members would be upgraded to the level where its possible to earn this level of RB-  on sky everyone starts on this level but have to work up to that 30% top bonus-- 

this is worded incredibly bad saying that their members would all start at the highest amount -- this cannot be right surely -  some answers needed i think but thats my take on it-- 

i would hope its not the case also tbh 
  • edited October 2013
    Donttellmum would be a millionaire by now
    Posted by stuarty117

It wouldnt make any difference to me.  I make 30% every month anyway.

• edited October 2013

Take it this is only open to new customers? And not applicable with an existing account?

• edited October 2013
    As of May 1 st 2013 all RTR players will be moved to the Sky Poker Rewards program. All RTR players will be automatically upgraded to the Priority Club Gold Rewards level which is worth 30% rakeback
    Posted by Slykllist
    This is totally ambiguous, so RTR are saying ALL players attain Gold Reward status regardless of the volume/rake paid. I just dont believe this is true, otherwise there would be a lot more priority players than currently exist. 

All you have to do is look at the priority main, yes there are more players this month thanks to double points but given the site is seen as very soft, if 30% rakeback is available then the site should be swamped with rake grinders. 

Two years ago 20k points would get you nearly a grand playing sngs, now its much less and theres not much incentive to carry on grinding once you get to 10k. 
  • edited October 2013
    a reply from sky would b good
  • edited October 2013
    It does suggest the RTR players would receive 30% rakeback regardless of points.

Could be just blatant false advertising, where the reality is you have to earn x amount of points.

But I think 10,000 points is around 30% rakeback ?

edit:

10,000 points = 30% if you play MTT's

10,000 points = 20% if you play cash

mixture of the two then I have no idea :)

anyway SKY would be good if you gave us a response on this matter

• edited October 2013
    er... 

10k points is 20%

20k = 25%

30k = 30%

its says so on ur widget
  • edited October 2013
    maybe i got it wroung

cash you get 6 points for every £1 in rake

mtt's 10 points for every £1 in rake

how many points do you get and how much do you get for it

what is the % of rakeback

so if you played 100% cash and earned 10,000 points
    you would have payed £1666 in rake

how much you get back for 10,000 ? £285 ? around 18-20%

--

I think thats correct

for me at the moment I have 5148 points and that returns £102 so around 13% rakeback purely based on 100% cash games.

• edited October 2013
    Gooner, it wouldn't affect the number of Priority members. The site says all RTR players would get 30% rakeback BUT they still need to earn 10k+ points to get all the added benefits of Prio, so if the site is correct and loads of people doing it, they'd be getting their 30% rakeback on 5k worth of points or whatever, but they still wouldn't be able to play the Prio FRs unless they get 10k+ points.

Rancid, below 10k points the % varies based on how any points you earn and what games you get them in etc but once you get over 10k it's just a flat 20%, 25% or 30% rakeback based on whether you earn 10k+, 20k+ or 30k+. That's why once you get over 10k, happy hours/double points/early bird are all useless other than as a means of maybe getting you to 20k points and so getting an extra 5% rakeback if you might not have otherwise been able to get 20k points.

FWIW, I've contact the site and asked them if I signed up with Sky through them would I get 30% RB every month regardless of whether I earn the required 30,000 points or not, so should find out soon and will let you know.
  • edited October 2013
    o right so cheers Lambo
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Breaking News...ITT: FURIOUS... Attention All Regs : This is totally ambiguous, so RTR are saying ALL players attain Gold Reward status regardless of the volume/rake paid. I just dont believe this is true, otherwise there would be a lot more priority players than currently exist.  All you have to do is look at the priority main, yes there are more players this month thanks to double points but given the site is seen as very soft, if 30% rakeback is available then the site should be swamped with rake grinders.  Two years ago 20k points would get you nearly a grand playing sngs, now its much less and theres not much incentive to carry on grinding once you get to 10k
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Oh yeah, meant to pick up on this point in ym earlier reply. You should be winning money from the games pre-rakeback, so the incentive to carry on grinding past 10k is that you win more money. So it shouldn't be like 'I've got 10k points, why bother carrying on grinding' cos all the time you're grinding, you're winning £££ if you're a winning player (long term obv) and you are still making more money from RB anyway as an added bonus. Remember, for every bit of rake below 10k points you get less than 20% back, over 10k points, you get 20% so the incentive if anything is MORE to carry on playing after you get to 10k where the rakeback is higher than it is sub 10k points.

Just heard from someone (who I won't name) who also messaged RTR and has had the following reply:

"There is no required threshold. All RTR players will be automatically upgraded to the Priority Club Gold Rewards level which is worth 30% rakeback.

Players must enter the promo code "REWARDS" in the My Account section of their Sky Poker Account to receive the upgrade. You only need to do this once."

So seems everyone via RTR is getting the 30% regardless of points earned. Wonder how many people are now gonna start multi accounting....
  • edited October 2013
    Also have just seen the reply to my own email.... here's my question and the reply:
    Hi,

I was looking at the offers you have with Sky Poker and just wanted to query the statement below from your

"As of May 1st 2013 all RTR players will be moved to the Sky Poker Rewards program. All RTR players will be
    automatically upgraded to the Priority Club Gold Rewards level which is worth 30% rakeback"

Does this mean I'd receive 30% cashback every single month I'm with Sky Poker even if I don't earn the
    required 30,000 points as long as I sign up through raketherake?

Thanks

================================================

Their reply:

Hi Paul

Thank you for your email

This is correct players tracked to RTR at Sky Poker will automatically be at the Gold rewards level
    without needing to meet the points requirement

I hope that helps. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

=============================================================================

So doubly confirmed now.
  • edited October 2013
    Hmmm...

I am not a happy chappy.
  • edited October 2013
    This is an outrage!
  • edited October 2013
    New player plays a tonne less than me to earn the same £s in rake. Makes sense. Change it back to the old one, only 50 people make prio anyway ffs
  • edited October 2013
    If you see someone grinding 20NL called Lambert181... it isn't me ;)

Only joking lol
  • edited October 2013
    Hi all,

As you have noted, RakeTheRake currently do offer a deal for new players where they get 30% Rakeback on registration. Affiliates are an important way for Sky Poker (and any other poker site) to attract new customers, and with deals such as this we hope to bring in more liquidity at the levels many of our Priority players play. There are additional Priority Club benefits which RTR players do not get, plus we hope many of you will be able to enjoy the wider range of games at the stakes you want to play.

There have been some comments about multi-accounting; obviously this goes against the terms and conditions of using Sky Poker and anyone found to do this may be subject to account closure.

Should any of you have any questions about this we ask that you PM us. In the meantime we are going to close this thread. 

Thanks,
    Sky Poker