You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Game types?

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi all!

I'm new to online poker and am looking for the right place to play. I've wasted a few quid on the various game types in sky poker and haven't found what I'd call a basic tournament. 6-9 players buy in and keep playing without any new players entering. The final 3 divide the winnings. (Just like Zynga on facebook and how I've always played at home)

The 'tournaments' here are games with many tables which combine, I just want to play one table at a time. Is this on sky and I've just missed it? If not, which of the other internet poker sites have that sort of game?

Thanks for any help.

~D

Comments

• edited December 2009
    what you are looking for are called sit & go's. 3rd tab along in the lobby
  • edited December 2009
    Look under the Sit & Go tab at the top of this screen.

And good luck.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Game types?:
    what you are looking for are called sit & go's. 3rd tab along in the lobby
    Posted by offshoot
    Really? Thanks. I thought that 'SitNGo' meant you sat and then went whenever you like, not waiting for the 'tournament' to end.

Thanks all, I knew it had to be here somewhere.

~D
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Game types?:
    Hi all! I'm new to online poker and am looking for the right place to play. I've wasted a few quid on the various game types in sky poker and haven't found what I'd call a basic tournament. 6-9 players buy in and keep playing without any new players entering. The final 3 divide the winnings. (Just like Zynga on facebook and how I've always played at home) The 'tournaments' here are games with many tables which combine, I just want to play one table at a time. Is this on sky and I've just missed it? If not, which of the other internet poker sites have that sort of game? Thanks for any help. ~D
    Posted by Dunx
    please do not think that a paying site is anything like zynga, my wife plays this and because its all free everyone bets all in with daft cards, not 1 player but sometimes 4/5 lol. You need to up your game if you want to win when players are paying real money, they aint gonna give you a win for free (well not always lol)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Game types? : please do not think that a paying site is anything like zynga, my wife plays this and because its all free everyone bets all in with daft cards, not 1 player but sometimes 4/5 lol. You need to up your game if you want to win when players are paying real money, they aint gonna give you a win for free (well not always lol)
    Posted by loonytoons
    I've played (and won) a fair bit of poker in real life, but online is quite different.

I've been playing the double your money games, but there aren't too many people playing them.

If anyone knows of another poker site with more people playing on fixed tables, perhaps with 8/9 player games, please let me know.

~D
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Game types? : I've played (and won) a fair bit of poker in real life, but online is quite different. I've been playing the double your money games, but there aren't too many people playing them. If anyone knows of another poker site with more people playing on fixed tables, perhaps with 8/9 player games, please let me know. ~D
    Posted by Dunx

There are of course other poker sites that have a lot of 9/10 player sng's. Ipoker sites such as titan, bet 365, paddy power poker are all worth checking out.
    However, as a new player to online sng's I would highly recommend staying with the double your money's here at sky for a while. You have a lot better chance to cash in these, compared to when you are playing 9/10 seaters so I wouldn't rush off just yet.
    Plus if I'm being honest, the competion in sng's at the above sites is stronger than here from what i have seen.
    You will get players on the above sites grinding away at the micro stakes ($5) tables that are more than competent.

The 9/10 seaters are available on here as well but for some reason people seem to enjoy the double your money games more, so you normally have to wait a while to get a 10 seater game going. Shame, I quite like a 10 seater myself.

Anyway, good luck whatever you decide

Salazar