You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player...

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
...and hopefully one or two more will add.

The numbers will say plenty but I hardly think it will hurt for Sky to hear some appreciation from the players. I thought last weeks promotion was excellent and gave players a great incentive to play as much as possible. The games were buzzing all week. It made a real difference to the number of points I could earn and hence my Sky Poker Reward payment at the end of the month. I for one would love to see this promotion return in the future.

Just as an aside, I think the whole promotion has been fantastic. It has really rewarded every type of player, with cash players quite rightly receiving twice as much (they put twice in). I cannot really think of how this promotion could have been improved and will say again that I hope this promotion is reused in future.

Cheers Sky!

Comments

• edited October 2013

Nice Post John.

The Promo has certainly been a sucess, whichever way it is viewed.

I played DYM's all last week, never had so much fun, & managed around 1,700 Reward Points, which, for me, is very high.

There were enough PLO8 DYM's going most nights for me to manage an average of 20 per session. It helps to register early for the next one, as Tables soon fill then.

I had been minded to switch to PLO DYM's this week, but the traffic seems very light compared, surprisingly, to PLO8 DYM's, so I'm sticking with PLO8 until Thursday, after which I'll be Offline all weekend. 

Next week will be awkward for me, too, with UKOPS, & two Shows, but I plan to try & rev up interest in PLO DYM's from next week, & I know that one of our regulars plans to run a little PLO DYM League thing.

All good fun.  

• edited October 2013
    Generally its promotions like this that get me playing DYMs again. I tend to forget how fun it is to play a game like PLO8 if your not as comfortable with all the descions and you actually have to engage brain and think about each situation alot more keeping you intrested in the game. (please don't ever get rid of the little text in the middle that tells you your hi and lo hand or i would be scr ewed!! what do you mean i have no low i have A2 oh the board has A2 on it **** lol)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player...:
    Generally its promotions like this that get me playing DYMs again. I tend to forget how fun it is to play a game like PLO8 if your not as comfortable with all the descions and you actually have to engage brain and think about each situation alot more keeping you intrested in the game. (please don't ever get rid of the little text in the middle that tells you your hi and lo hand or i would be scr ewed!! what do you mean i have no low i have A2 oh the board has A2 on it **** lol)
    Posted by jams88
    Hi Mr Jams, it has been fun doing battle with you!
  • edited October 2013
    plo8 league thingy????  what/where/when???

Glad you had great time playing these guys, and i hope many of you continue to play plo and plo8 in the future. (as there will allways be value if either me or tikay play lol)

Gl all at the tables
  • edited October 2013
    plo8 league thingy????  what/where/when??? Glad you had great time playing these guys, and i hope many of you continue to play plo and plo8 in the future. (as there will allways be value if either me or tikay play lol) Gl all at the tables
    Posted by ms-tree
    No! PLO DYM League, not PLO8 DYM's!

As with all these things, it is being organised by a community member. He wrote to me & asked that if he organised & run it, would Sky Poker donate a few prizes? I agreed, so it will appear soon I expect.

If anyone wants to run a PLO8 DYM League, that's fine too, if they make a good case, & can organise & run it (lot of work) then I'm sure Sky will add a few little prizes.

I have agreed to supprt, & play in, the PLO DYM League thing, subject to work, & my Diary, & I'll also support a PLO8 DYM League, but they need, of course, not to run at the same time.
  • edited October 2013
    spot on from the op, I think this promotion should run more often, everyone happy as there was something for everyone,my only gripe is that without these promotions for sng is that they go back to normal of traffic being slow again,but last week was great fun.
  • edited October 2013
    Agree with pretty much everything said in this thread.
  • edited October 2013
    spot on from the op, I think this promotion should run more often, everyone happy as there was something for everyone,my only gripe is that without these promotions for sng is that they go back to normal of traffic being slow again,but last week was great fun.
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Agree with that.

First time I can recall being able to play more than 20 PLO8 DYM's here in a single night, every night, in bunches of 3 & 4, & that was without playing the £2.25's, I mainly played £5.50 & £11, but played £2.25's sometimes when traffic was light.

But we as players CAN help with stimulating traffic. Register for DYM's (or any SNG's), & once a name is on the list, others soon join, except in the quietest of times. Nobody seems to want to join an empty one, but once the first one or two Register, they invariably soon fill.  

My tactic is to register for the NEXT one as soon as 4 players have regged for the first one. The next one spawns as soon as 4 are regged. It DOES make quite a difference to traffic, imo.

I may be talking out of my whatsit, of course. There SEEMS to be much less traffic in PLO DYM's than PLO8 DYM's, so next week I may try an experiment, & Reg for bunches of PLO DYM's, & see if we can rev the traffic up that way. No harm trying.    

• edited October 2013
    +1 op.

I noticed a lot of new 'unique' names in my HU sngs this week.

I look up every opponent, and quite often the players were playing their 1st/2nd/3rd HU sng on the site.

So it suggests the promo was encouraging players to try formats they wouldn't normally try.

Hopefully, some (obviously not all) will have enjoyed it, and continue to play new games after the promo week.

------

I don't imagine it's something sky could do too often though, but there is room for some ongoing sit n go promo, similar to the cash 'happy hours' and the mtt 'jackpot'.

I like the idea of introducing 'double points hours' once or twice a day on specific sng formats.

Rotating different formats such as HU/dym/PLO/turbodym/5050/timed to encourage players to try new games & this will hopefully boost the numbers outside of the promo hours also.

• edited October 2013
    +1 op. I noticed a lot of new 'unique' names in my HU sngs this week. I look up every opponent, and quite often the players were playing their 1st/2nd/3rd HU sng on the site. So it suggests the promo was encouraging players to try formats they wouldn't normally try. Hopefully, some (obviously not all) will have enjoyed it, and continue to play new games after the promo week. ------ I don't imagine it's something sky could do too often though, but there is room for some ongoing sit n go promo, similar to the cash 'happy hours' and the mtt 'jackpot'. I like the idea of introducing 'double points hours' once or twice a day on specific sng formats. Rotating different formats such as HU/dym/PLO/turbodym/5050/timed to encourage players to try new games & this will hopefully boost the numbers outside of the promo hours also.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1 More promotions such as Happy Hours will increase SnG traffic which is much needed on Sky.
  • edited October 2013
    Good post JC 
    Totally agree, would love to see more of these
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : +1 More promotions such as Happy Hours will increase SnG traffic which is much needed on Sky.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Absolutely.

But it is not THAT simple, Craig.

The real question is where did all that extra STT traffic last week come from?

If it simply migrated from other parts of Sky Poker, then the overall benefit to the Business is nil.

To be a success, it needed to help generate extra traffic (new Uniques), net, to the site, & to encourage those already here to play more often. Just "stealing" players from other parts of Sky Poker achieves nothing, EXCEPT to dYM players, who enjoy the extra liquidity.

Interesting thing, the business dynamics of an online Gaming site.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : However, if a large number of those regular Dym players, increased the amount they played, then there is benefit to the business. 
    Posted by Jac35
    amondo of the correct variety.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player...:
    ...and hopefully one or two more will add. The numbers will say plenty but I hardly think it will hurt for Sky to hear some appreciation from the players. I thought last weeks promotion was excellent and gave players a great incentive to play as much as possible. The games were buzzing all week. It made a real difference to the number of points I could earn and hence my Sky Poker Reward payment at the end of the month. I for one would love to see this promotion return in the future. Just as an aside, I think the whole promotion has been fantastic. It has really rewarded every type of player, with cash players quite rightly receiving twice as much (they put twice in). I cannot really think of how this promotion could have been improved and will say again that I hope this promotion is reused in future. Cheers Sky!
    Posted by JohnConnor
    +1!!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : amondo of the correct variety.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not sure what that means. Think you're agreeing.

Googled "amondo" and all it gives me is "Amondo Films - a foundation associating international filmakers, and people who share their passion and love for the art of cinema"

Don't think you meant them
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : Not sure what that means. Think you're agreeing. Googled "amondo" and all it gives me is "Amondo Films - a foundation associating international filmakers, and people who share their passion and love for the art of cinema" Don't think you meant them
    Posted by Jac35
    dumb assss
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : Not sure what that means. Think you're agreeing. Googled "amondo" and all it gives me is "Amondo Films - a foundation associating international filmakers, and people who share their passion and love for the art of cinema" Don't think you meant them
    Posted by Jac35
    Whatr You did not used to watch the Fonz?

Correctamondo

The phrase later came into general use, & is often seen in films, such as Pulp Fiction.

Are we all gonna be cool, like three little Fonzies? Correctamondo.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : Whatr You did not used to watch the Fonz? Correctamondo The phrase later came into general use, & is often seen in films, such as Pulp Fiction.   Are we all gonna be cool, like three little Fonzies? Correctamondo.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Lol

No, heard of but never seen the Fonz.
    Correctamondo, I would have understood.
    Samuel L Jackson quote from the scene when they reclaim their briefcase? I'm very tired and shortened versions of words are way too much for me right now.

Samuel? Hmmm, could call my child that
  • edited October 2013

Agree great promo, lots of new/different players for me to donk bet into in the low stake hu games..

Will it be repeated?  hope so..
  • edited October 2013
    +1 to everything JohnConnor said.

I considered writing a similar post until I saw this.
    Glad I didn't.
    Very well said JC
  • edited October 2013
    From a personal point of view the tourney doubles guarentee week was a nightmare I tend to regulate my poker spend to a few £s a day entering the mini and a deepstack or something similar. Over this week I entered the satellites to try for the big bucks and failed miserably not a bean just a bad player I guess. As for the other promotions I play very little cash and only very very rarely play STTs so no roll wasted there lol.

Having said this it was obvious from the numbers entering the mains and those playing cash and STTs that they were a success with increased numbers playing them so well done Sky on the promo's. As I have said before it would be nice to see a little added to the mini for us micro/low stakes players in any future tournament promo's then we would feel included in the overall scheme of things.

Just my thoughts for a little balance as for every winner there must be losers.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : Absolutely. But it is not THAT simple, Craig. The real question is where did all that extra STT traffic last week come from? If it simply migrated from other parts of Sky Poker, then the overall benefit to the Business is nil.   To be a success, it needed to help generate extra traffic (new Uniques), net, to the site, & to encourage those already here to play more often. Just "stealing" players from other parts of Sky Poker achieves nothing, EXCEPT to dYM players, who enjoy the extra liquidity. Interesting thing, the business dynamics of an online Gaming site.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm confused Mr Tikay.

Do Sky not get rake in every SnG played so therefore more games playing = more rake? I know that will be offset by the extra points but not to nothing surely. I also think that by the SnG lobby being more 'poppulated' it would make it more attractive to new comers to join in.

Can I also just say thank you for your help in understanding and playing better poker back when you was on PNL and continues here on Sky. 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Thank you Sky from a Sit & Go player... : Absolutely. But it is not THAT simple, Craig. The real question is where did all that extra STT traffic last week come from? If it simply migrated from other parts of Sky Poker, then the overall benefit to the Business is nil.   To be a success, it needed to help generate extra traffic (new Uniques), net, to the site, & to encourage those already here to play more often. Just "stealing" players from other parts of Sky Poker achieves nothing, EXCEPT to dYM players, who enjoy the extra liquidity. Interesting thing, the business dynamics of an online Gaming site.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm confused Mr Tikay.

Do Sky not get rake in every SnG played so therefore more games playing = more rake? I know that will be offset by the extra points but not to nothing surely. I also think that by the SnG lobby being more 'poppulated' it would make it more attractive to new comers to join in.

Can I also just say thank you for your help in understanding and playing better poker back when you was on PNL and continues here on Sky. 
  • edited October 2013
    That's not what Tikay is saying at all (sorry if I am seeming to speak for you Mr K).

His point was that if the extra STT volume was tournament or cash players playing STTs instead for a week, then it hadn't really achieved anything for the business.

Same as if extra promo for MTT or Cash weeks was STT players playing these instead would not be, in poker terms, +ev for Sky Poker/
  • edited October 2013

What FCHD said.

EXTRA traffic, or new traffic, as opposed to the same players switching from (say) cash to DYM's & playing a similar amount is neutral, as there is no net gain in the latter.

And I believe it did tick those boxes.

Thank you  for the kind words Craig, wow, PNL, lot of water gone under my bridge since then. My last Show there was in 2007!