You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Put your thinking cap on!

Quite a sick beat happened last night playing live poker, but does anyone know how i lost the hand? And what the chances of it happening was? And for all you people who think online poker is rigged blah blah just so you know, this kind of stuff happens live as well!

Blinds 1k/2k, i've got 3k and i'm big blind (i just go all-in blind, why not?) everyone folds and the small blind calls with A4o. I turn over my cards and have A2o

The flop comes A66 rainbow. How the hell did i lose the hand after that flop!? Surely its always a split pot? Serves me right for assuming it would always be a split pot i guess ;)

Everyone else actually thought it was a split pot after the hand as well, it was me who had to tell everyone that the other guy won lol

EDIT: was it actually possible for me to win the hand after that flop? Just realised running 2s would make me win i think? Or running 4s for the other guy? But that wasn't the way he won, just saying!

Comments

• edited October 2013
    their is only 1 other way he can win and that is 2 and 3 come on the turn and river 4 kicker
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Put your thinking cap on!:
    Quite a sick beat happened last night playing live poker, but does anyone know how i lost the hand? And what the chances of it happening was? And for all you people who think online poker is rigged blah blah just so you know, this kind of stuff happens live as well! Blinds 1k/2k, i've got 3k and i'm big blind (i just go all-in blind, why not?) everyone folds and the small blind calls with A4o. I turn over my cards and have A2o The flop comes A66 rainbow. How the hell did i lose the hand after that flop!? Surely its always a split pot? Serves me right for assuming it would always be a split pot i guess ;) Everyone else actually thought it was a split pot after the hand as well, it was me who had to tell everyone that the other guy won lol EDIT: was it actually possible for me to win the hand after that flop? Just realised running 2s would make me win i think? Or running 4s for the other guy? But that wasn't the way he won, just saying!
    Posted by skeg01
    turn 3
    river 2
  • edited October 2013
    Quite a sick beat happened last night playing live poker, but does anyone know how i lost the hand? And what the chances of it happening was? And for all you people who think online poker is rigged blah blah just so you know, this kind of stuff happens live as well! Blinds 1k/2k, i've got 3k and i'm big blind (i just go all-in blind, why not?) everyone folds and the small blind calls with A4o. I turn over my cards and have A2o The flop comes A66 rainbow. How the hell did i lose the hand after that flop!? Surely its always a split pot? Serves me right for assuming it would always be a split pot i guess ;) Everyone else actually thought it was a split pot after the hand as well, it was me who had to tell everyone that the other guy won lol EDIT: was it actually possible for me to win the hand after that flop? Just realised running 2s would make me win i think? Or running 4s for the other guy? But that wasn't the way he won, just saying!
    Posted by skeg01
    turn 2
    river 3
  • edited October 2013
    Aye thats exactly what happened haha. I thought that was the only possible way for him to win so i guess it isn't as bad a beat as i first thought :p

Anyone know the % of A4 winning after that flop?
  • edited October 2013
    Posted by skeg01
    what do I win ?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Put your thinking cap on!:
    Aye thats exactly what happened haha. I thought that was the only possible way for him to win so i guess it isn't as bad a beat as i first thought :p Anyone know the % of A4 winning after that flop?
    Posted by skeg01
    my guess is on the flop, you to win 3% and your opponent 5%, split pot 92% ??

anyone got a calculator ??

• edited October 2013
    There is another way of them winning. And that is turn 3 and river 3
  • edited October 2013
    the win percentage after that flop is A4 has 2.12% and A2 has 0.3% the tie is 48.79%
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Put your thinking cap on! : what do I win ?
    Posted by -ACERAG-
    Nothing...you lose as per....
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Put your thinking cap on! : Nothing...you lose as per....
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    make like a tree and get out of here !!