You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat/Raising

edited November 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
In Response to Chat:
Don't like the colour,does not stand out. Also i was typing a reply in BB & hit enter just as the SB raised & that min click re-raised back to the SB rather than putting up my chat.Last hand of TMD freeroll was going to fold to raise but luckily bluffed my way to the end but should not happen in the 1st place.Enter should not be raise option imo.
Posted by belsibub

+1 Agreed

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Don't like the colour,does not stand out.
    Also i was typing a reply in BB & hit enter just as the SB raised & that min click re-raised back to the SB rather than putting up my chat.Last hand of TMD freeroll was going to fold to raise but luckily bluffed my way to the end but should not happen in the 1st place.Enter should not be raise option imo.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Chat:
    Don't like the colour,does not stand out. Also i was typing a reply in BB & hit enter just as the SB raised & that min click re-raised back to the SB rather than putting up my chat.Last hand of TMD freeroll was going to fold to raise but luckily bluffed my way to the end but should not happen in the 1st place.Enter should not be raise option imo.
    Posted by belsibub
    Hi,

Thanks for your post, regarding the issue that you mentioned about typing your reply  in the chat box. 

As I understand the issue is regarding playing a game on the new software where you were typing a message. The action came to you just was you clicked enter which caused you to unwillingly bet.

If you could please answer the questions below to help us investigate your issue further it would be very helpful:

Were you the initial raiser on the previous street or the caller?

Do you frequently use the 'Bet box' to type in your bet, did you use the bet box in that hand, if not were you betting using the slider?

Many thanks,

SkyPeter.

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat:
    In Response to Chat : Hi, Thanks for your post, regarding the issue that you mentioned about typing your reply  in the chat box.  As I understand the issue is regarding playing a game on the new software where you were typing a message. The action came to you just was you clicked enter which caused you to unwillingly bet. If you could please answer the questions below to help us investigate your issue further it would be very helpful: Were you the initial raiser on the previous street or the caller? Do you frequently use the 'Bet box' to type in your bet, did you use the bet box in that hand, if not were you betting using the slider? Many thanks, SkyPeter.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    I was in big blind(BB) 400 chips small blind(SB) 200 raised to 800 pot 1200 just as i hit enter which made me re-raised another 800 to make pot 2000 leaving SB only 400 to call.
    Never use bet box I type to slow.
    Very rarely use the slider not easy set what i want.Only use it to round up/down 1/2 or 3/4 pot button bets when I feel like it.
    Using browesr chrome windows 7 64 bit.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi,

We have been exploring the issue previously mentioned and believe that we have found the cause. 

Pressing enter can be used to raise your bet if the action is on the 'action box'. Focus can only be put on the action box by clicking the betting area. This action cannot be made if the focus is on the chat box. This scenerio is most likely a case of the focus being unintentionally taken away from the chat box and put on the betting box.

Did the message also send when pressing enter and raising the bet in the same click?

Cheers.
  • edited October 2013
    No chat did not post,it just raised.
  • edited November 2013
    Bumpity bump.

Had this issue myself. I can categorically tell you that I was typing in the chat box and my mouse was nowhere near the other table. The other table jumped to the front as the action was on me and as I hit enter, trying to post my chat, it min-raised this second table. I wasn't the previous aggressor in the hand as it was the first action of the hand.

It's also an issue that's been mentioned here by Geldy. He was typing in his internet browser but the table came to the front and took his "enter" as a raise.

Perhaps quick action keys, or whatever they're called, should need to be activated, rather than being active by default.
  • edited November 2013
    thanks Borin

specifically

I just won a hand in a speedy BH while using internet explorer to type a message (coincidentally on a SkyPoker forum)
    I hit return at the end of a line
    but the new style table i'm playing on stole the focus and my return became a minraise!
    had total junk but luckily everyone folded
  • edited November 2013
    This has just happened to me tonight. I was railing on one table typed in the chat box and as I was about to press enter it was my turn to act on my table and it raised my bet. This was definately the first action on the hand as we were 3 handed.