You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

More Satellites Plz :) - FAO Sky

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
havent read all of this as i dont think i need to to agree on everything paul just said. 

More sats in the morning. Infact more sats at all times. During the night there are none. Sats at night and in the morning would be good. 

ty. 

As last line of pauls post, any sat will do. 

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Hi Sky,

I realise the mornings aren't exactly peak time on the site but could we have some satellites in the morning/early afternoon plz?

I can see there are a few on today around midday because there always seem to be more sats for the Thursday ME but if I remember rightly, every other day this week there hasn't been 1 satellite starting before about 4pm.

The BHs that run in the morning do alright for runners so I'm sure a sat would have no problem getting enough runners to at least get seat for a 1in5.

Don't really mind what they are, ME sats, £55 BH sats, UKOPS sats, any will do :)
  • edited October 2013
    There used to be loads, they were always getting cancelled due to a lack of interest. A lot of the players who are online in the morning don't play in the evening, so they're simply not interested.
  • edited October 2013
    +1 to night time sats too

There must be an absolute ton of people who want to play the ME, but for one reason or another can't play the 6pm sat so they just don't play the ME at all.

Would be good if you could do direct sats sometime between like 9pm - 11pm which win entry to the following day's ME

Better still, give out tourney tokens from sats so the prize HAS to be spent on MTTs, but at a time of your choice.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Morning Satellites:
    There used to be loads, they were always getting cancelled due to a lack of interest. A lot of the players who are online in the morning don't play in the evening, so they're simply not interested.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    They filled like crazy in the mornings on double guarantee week so the players are there for it. Just don't put put a guarantee on it, then there's no danger.
  • edited October 2013

I understand there's an issue with not getting enough runners for some satellites (which would be more of a problem during the day) but then why not place some in the SNG section then so they only start when enough runners join?!

• edited October 2013
    Definitely up for some variation on the SATs.

I usually only get a couple of hours a day to play, at different times of day and don't have the B/R to try stabs at the big MTTs but would love to be able to. At the moment I only have the frenzy or all-ins as an option.

Agree doesn't always have to be for the M/E and could be for other decent guarantee MTTs.

Maybe just try three a day at first 10am 2pm 10pm with SATs for the next days event with a bit of advertising via email/forum?

Easy enough to try it for a week and see if there is enough interest.

Suspect UKOPS will be different anyway but worth a try after.
  • edited October 2013
    I know obviously different games attract different players but...

£3.30 BH started at 10:45am today - 71 runners

£5.75 BH started at 11:15am today - 26 runners

I find it hard to believe with them numbers, a satellite couldn't get just 5 people. I'd play them all Monday - Friday so that's 20% of the field sorted. Sounds like Donald would play them regular, so we only need 3 other people to join.
  • edited October 2013
    Another reason they didn't take off was the awful structure. With 3 minute levels they would deteriorate into a luck-based shove fest once down to about 3 players still alive per seat.
  • edited October 2013
    Love a good luck-based shove fest, especially in the evenings! Nightly Sats for the MEs the next day would definitely tick some boxes with me.

Not sure re tokens I know there are a fair few sat grinders who help keep the numbers up.

(Paul perhaps a thread title like 'more satellites' or 'longer satellite windows' would be good. Ta)
  • edited October 2013
    I was playing this morning so just started this thread quickly when I got a chance. I did have a mini 'rant' about the satellite situation recently on FB so for ease (I'm being lazy) I'll just copy and paste what I said there (with the odd edit to make it actually relevant)...

"The satellites need a complete overhaul and that's what would increase ME numbers imo. Firstly give tourney tokens, so u can play a sat whenever, win the token and play whenever. Tons of people can't play the nightly 6pm sat for the ME so they don't play the ME at all. But if they could play a ME sat at 10pm and use that ticket the next day, they would.

If you're worried about overlay, maybe run them as SnGs. Maybe the 1in5s capped at 2 seats, wouldn't take long to get 10 runners, then no danger of overlay cos if it doesn't fill, it doesn't run. Then as SnGs, they could just run 24 hours a day if the people wanna play them. Imagine how many runners a ME could get if there was potentially SnGs running throughout the entire day, every day. If they aint that popular, so what, they'd just sit in the lobby not being played like regular SnGs do now, and then you could get rid of them after a prolonged period of not running. But imo, I'd be shocked if you couldn't get at least 10 of these games to run every day... at 2 seats a go, that's 20 extra runners in every ME.... 20 more lots of rake (and there's rake on the SnGs too), and imo it's not being overly optimistic to expect them to run 10 times a day.

Same applies to the SPTs, look how few people are regged for it. Why aren't there non stop SnG all in sats? £6, 55 runners, goes when it fills, its not like you need to be at the computer for an all in sat, can reg in advance. Or non stop SnGs to win entry to the Semi or Quarter? boost the number of seats at each stage.

More sats, more sats. Maybe give them their own full tab so it's Cash, SnGs, Tournaments, and Satellites, then within that new group, you can have subgroups, 'Main Event', 'UKOPS', 'SPT' etc. If you do start tourney tokens then it'd be easier to just say this is a sat for an £11 game then people can use it for a variety of different games. Or you could have subgroups to split between scheduled sats and SnG sats. Don't really understand why all in sats aren't run as SnGs literally 24 hr a day, 365 days a year for every type of game.... people don't need to be there to play, so you could reg up 3-4 and even if it takes 5 hours for them to fill, so what, you come back later and find out if you got a seat. It's just a win-win scenario for everyone who wants to play them and Sky.
  • edited October 2013
    Do i really have to defend 3 min sats again. 

Realllly!!!!!

They are quick, simple and beatable. What more do you want in a sat. You want it to be done quick, that way you don't waste 3 hours trying to get a £33 seat bust on the bubble and get heehaw. 

You want it to be simple, its poker. 

You want it to be beatable, otherwise winning would be hard. 

It isnt rocket Science. 
  • edited October 2013
    I very rarely play satellites as 3 minute blinds is just too fast for me. Fine for turbo main events, but I think satellites for slower main events should be slower too.
  • edited October 2013
    Just posting to let you all know that this has been flagged to the relevant parties. Hopefully get some feedback for you tomorrow!

Cheers.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: More Satellites Plz :) - FAO Sky:
    Just posting to let you all know that this has been flagged to the relevant parties. Hopefully get some feedback for you tomorrow! Cheers.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Cheers Sam, look forward to it.
  • edited October 2013
    Sit n go sats are a great idea. 

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    We actually tried a few Super Roller Sit and Go sats for one of the events last year and they didn't really work out that well.

Not to say we won't revisit the idea in the future, mind. :)
  • edited October 2013
    We actually tried a few Super Roller Sit and Go sats for one of the events last year and they didn't really work out that well. Not to say we won't revisit the idea in the future, mind. :)
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    super roller sats would be to expensive for some. try it with something cheaper, like £22-£55
  • edited October 2013
    Bump :)

There's 420 people seated atm but not a single satellite running until 2:10pm
  • edited October 2013
    We actually tried a few Super Roller Sit and Go sats for one of the events last year and they didn't really work out that well. Not to say we won't revisit the idea in the future, mind. :)
    Posted by Sky_Sam

lets get some rebuy sats running !!! more seaters = more runners !!!!!

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: More Satellites Plz :):
    Do i really have to defend 3 min sats again.  Realllly!!!!! They are quick, simple and beatable. What more do you want in a sat. You want it to be done quick, that way you don't waste 3 hours trying to get a £33 seat bust on the bubble and get heehaw.  You want it to be simple, its poker.  You want it to be beatable, otherwise winning would be hard.  It isnt rocket Science. 
    Posted by The_Don90

You say that because you like fast structures, alot of players on sky prefer the slower mtts and will actually find the slower mtts to be more beatable as a pose to the faster structures !! 

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: More Satellites Plz :) : You say that because you like fast structures, alot of players on sky prefer the slower mtts and will actually find the slower mtts to be more beatable as a pose to the faster structures !! 
    Posted by K8LOU

Who says sky players prefer slower structures.  Theres nothing more tilting than playing a sat perfectly only to be donked out on the bubble after 1 hour plus play. Faster structures equals more sats equals bigger prizepools for main events. If I had my own way I would make all sky mtts £5 and less 5 min blinds and 10% rake. But we cant have that because it might attract new players onto the site! 15 % rake on low stakes bounty hunters is v bad.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: More Satellites Plz :) : You say that because you like fast structures, alot of players on sky prefer the slower mtts and will actually find the slower mtts to be more beatable as a pose to the faster structures !! 
    Posted by K8LOU
    bounty hunters are faster than deepies, which is the more popular? 
  • edited October 2013
    Don't play sat's(probably never will).
    I can understand why 3 min blinds & all-in's are needed on sats in the late evening to get as many in before the start & in late reg but to have them all the same all day seems unfair to those who don't like them.Surely room for a mix.Each to there own!Variety is the spice of life.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: More Satellites Plz :) : bounty hunters are faster than deepies, which is the more popular? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Totally agree but why not cater for both sets of players ?? they did on the double gtds week and I thought that was a massive succsess 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: More Satellites Plz :) - FAO Sky : lets get some rebuy sats running !!! more seaters = more runners !!!!!
    Posted by K8LOU
    rebuy sats would be a bad idea because sky decide to rake rebuys and addons
  • edited November 2013
    I thought I'd wait until after UKOPS before bumping this thread cos there's always loads of sats during UKOPS.

Now it's back to normal, I'm logged in at 10am and the next satellite doesn't start until 2:05pm. Could we plz have some ME directs, or ME Micros into the 6pm Semi, or £55 BH directs (or £55 BH Micros if there's a semi for this game) in the window from like 10am - 1pm?

Any thoughts on the other bits.... tourney tickets? SnG sats? late night sats into the following day's ME?

Cheers
  • edited November 2013

Sigh at my timing, you've JUST added in a load of UKPC sats.

Would be nice to get ME sats too but at least these UKPC ones will keep me busy.... although you could start them a bit earlier :)

• edited November 2013
    Don't play sat's(probably never will). I can understand why 3 min blinds & all-in's are needed on sats in the late evening to get as many in before the start & in late reg but to have them all the same all day seems unfair to those who don't like them.Surely room for a mix.Each to there own!Variety is the spice of life.
    Posted by belsibub
    a big +1