You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

20NL MC - Flopped Quads

edited October 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Me flopping quads? I know, right lol.

Anyway. Didn't have any notes on villian, yes I know I'm useless.

Do we 3bet the turn which obv shows big strength but we're facing what looks like a strong range anyway OR just flat which also looks strong, to then check/raise all rivers?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
POKEY2011 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £40.00
blackb00sh Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £32.72
  Your hole cards

Lambert180 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £40.49
jameswins Fold        
aceshigh04 Call   £0.60 £1.50 £35.19
rancid Fold        
POKEY2011 Call   £0.50 £2.00 £39.50
blackb00sh Fold        
Flop

POKEY2011 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £1.00 £3.00 £39.49
aceshigh04 Call   £1.00 £4.00 £34.19
POKEY2011 Call   £1.00 £5.00 £38.50
Turn

POKEY2011 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £2.80 £7.80 £36.69
aceshigh04 Raise   £5.60 £13.40 £28.59
POKEY2011 Fold        

Comments

• edited October 2013

I think it might be best to just go for a 3bet on the turn myself. AA-1010 and 99 33 22 could well be hands that are ahead of him but that doesn't mean to say you could be semi bluffing with AK AQ AJ or KQ any 2 over cards than have the As or Ks.

the problem is your out of position so their are 2 sides to the story, if a spade does come on the river then he will not be keen on going for a value bet he might call a donk bet but if you checked he might go for the same himself unless he had the Ks or As or a FH. the other side of the problem is if he has got a 9 in his hand and the river was any non spade that is 8-3 he might do a small bet but it probably would be checked as sets are quite probably with 3 low cards and over cards that missed would likely fold.

• edited October 2013
    No reads at all? Yes, you are useless. :)

I'd be betting a tad bigger on the turn. Either they've got the flush, have a big draw or they're going away on this turn whatever we bet. Might as well bet bigger for max value from those drawing hands.

The min-raise is likely to be pretty strong. We don't need to be calling this and letting him check-back the river and I'd hate a plan of calling here and donking the river. Which rivers are we hoping for to do that on? Really asking because I can't make up my mind whether we'd do it on a spade or non-spade.

So 3-bet. If he folds, he probably had very little anyway, so no missed value.

How much credit are we going to be given for houses on this board? He's probably not folding a flush here. How many people raise-fold a flush on the turn anyway?
  • edited October 2013
    I like a raise here, if you go to around £12.50 you make a nice river shove imo. 

If he folds he had nout, He'll call with most of his value range. 

Win 
  • edited October 2013
    It's an easy flat and c/bomb river?

His value range is flushes, 999 & 333, all of which will bet almost all rivers.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL MC - Flopped Quads:
    It's an easy flat and c/bomb river? His value range is flushes, 999 & 333, all of which will bet almost all rivers.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    if we raise he wont fold any of that value range bar maybe small flushes
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL MC - Flopped Quads : if we raise he wont fold any of that value range bar maybe small flushes
    Posted by The_Don90
    and the rest of his range?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL MC - Flopped Quads : and the rest of his range?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    What rivers is he going to barrel on? 
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL MC - Flopped Quads : What rivers is he going to barrel on? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    His value range, almost every single card.......

His bluff range, who knows?

Pot commit />>>> Stack!

Easy c/c c/bomb imooooo
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 20NL MC - Flopped Quads : His value range, almost every single card....... His bluff range, who knows? Pot commit />>>> Stack! Easy c/c c/bomb imooooo
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    what you've got to think but is what sort of hand would want to bluff the turn that would not make a bet on the flop. also  at the time of the bet itself paul wasn't the only player in the pot, pokey was still in the pot too so  that's 2 who could have a flush.

the only bluff i think that's really possible i think is one which has an As or Ks. he looked too passive before the turn to attempt a stone cold bluff.
  • edited October 2013
    It's an easy flat and c/bomb river? His value range is flushes, 999 & 333, all of which will bet almost all rivers.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    this
    if hes raising turn hes v likely betting river

if we 3bet turn we rep only full houses+ and allow him to hero fold turn with his nut flush/overpairs and air
  • edited October 2013
    brag post with quads imo if u cant play a hand with the nuts ya shouldnt be playing poker 
  • edited October 2013
    Seems to me quite miraculous we're getting this much action. Unless player is very weak we're only getting stacks in if its a cooler - in which case it doesnt matter much how we play it.
    For me, we have to call here and donk river small and hope to induce a shove,  never ever checking river (no matter how strong it looks) and risking a flush checking back
  • edited October 2013
    brag post with quads imo if u cant play a hand with the nuts ya shouldnt be playing poker 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lol this makes loads of sense. It's great having the nuts obv, but it's about what range they have and how they'll react to different actions. Obv we're gonna win the hand, but it's about how we win the most money innit