You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fifty-50

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
This was trialed and packed up again about 12 months ago.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Any chance of Sky puttng on some 50-50 games, not DYM's but Fifty-50.

In a 50-50 half the field get paid once half have been knocked out but payouts are dependant on stack sizes. I've been playing loads and I'm doing REALLY well, I've just won $12 on a $3.50 buyin fifty-50 10 seater. I know Sky only like 6max, but even a six max 50-50 trial would get me putting a few quid on Sky.
  • edited October 2013
    Almost defeats the point of a DYM since it just becomes a regular sit and go? Same with the timed tournaments, don't really get them but they seem to have some interest.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Fifty-50:
    Almost defeats the point of a DYM since it just becomes a regular sit and go? Same with the timed tournaments, don't really get them but they seem to have some interest.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

Lol, they are NOT DYM's lol, let me explain it....

50% of the field win, 50% lose, payout depends on stack size. In a DYM even if you end up with 3 quarters of all chips in play you only double up. In a 50-50 you would win a lot more if you had 3 quarters of all chips in play at the end.

• edited October 2013
      You can find this format on another site if that is your preference
         i'd rather they kept it the same as now for variation
  • edited October 2013
    If you dont understand why fifty 50s would destroy the dym market or not even get a look in then your barking up the wrong tree.

• edited October 2013
    This was trialed and packed up again about 12 months ago.
    Posted by BUFC

Pretty much this ^ 

Never took off really. DYMs are the Sky Poker people's chosen poison :)
  • edited October 2013
    There were some in the lobbies up until quite recently but never had much volume.

If you feel you have an edge and want rewards for building a bigger stack - play 6max - simples

1st place gets x4 buy in 2nd place x2 buy in and the rake is lower than dyms.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Fifty-50 : Lol, they are NOT DYM's lol, let me explain it.... 50% of the field win, 50% lose, payout depends on stack size. In a DYM even if you end up with 3 quarters of all chips in play you only double up. In a 50-50 you would win a lot more if you had 3 quarters of all chips in play at the end.
    Posted by OHIMGOOD
    I didn't say they were DYM's I said it defeats the point of what a DYM is about and if you want to play a 50-50 you may aswell play a regular sit and go because they are relatively similar - ie. they should play exactly the same because cashing top 3 is no longer the priority - the priority becomes getting all the chips in play which is what a regular SNG is.