You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL10 flopped third nuts (flush) facing flop 3bet

edited October 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Very early in session. Not really sure how to proceed here.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.95
xBig blind  £0.10 £0.15 £13.10
Avisavo Ante  £0.05 £0.20 £2.68
  Your hole cards

CSLegit Fold     
supercrazy Fold     
Avisavo Fold     
bobscot Raise  £0.20 £0.40 £10.00
The_Don90 Call  £0.15 £0.55 £9.80
xCall  £0.10 £0.65 £13.00
Flop

• Q
  • A

The_Don90 Check     
xCheck     
bobscot Bet  £0.20 £0.85 £9.80
The_Don90 Raise  £0.80 £1.65 £9.00
xRaise  £2.00 £3.65 £11.00
bobscot Fold     
The_Don90

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Get the monies in.
  • edited October 2013

it's hard to say really, having been open raised by the button then only called by both you and the BB AA-1010, AQ and AxKd KdQx don't seem likely. the most likely hands I would think try check raise that aren't a flush is K10o with Kd or 66 and when he goes for a 3bet then he must have some type of flush.

i think myself you may just be ahead of him,
    with Kxs he has the nuts and has position on you so if you checked the turn he would still have the chance to bet it himself.
     As for Jxs unless he is another villain who's addicted to suited cards i can't see any J other than J9s in his range.

• edited October 2013
    In a vacuum I'ld be getting it in, he could be semi bluffing a lot of pr + flush and combo draws or worse flushes. 
  • edited October 2013
    You should think about how you will react to a 3bet before making your raise.

Trying to think one step ahead will make the game a lot easier than just raising because you think you have the best hand and then panicking when you unexpectedly get raised.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: NL10 flopped third nuts (flush) facing flop 3bet:
    You should think about how you will react to a 3bet before making your raise. Trying to think one step ahead will make the game a lot easier than just raising because you think you have the best hand and then panicking when you unexpectedly get raised.
    Posted by The--Don
    this is fine for pre, im not panicing but his line here looks mega strong
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: NL10 flopped third nuts (flush) facing flop 3bet : this is fine for pre, im not panicing but his line here looks mega strong
    Posted by The_Don90
    No he means on the flop. He's called it a 3bet but it's actually just a raise, but yeh he's saying before you raise the flop you should have already thought 'am I raising to GII or raising to fold to a 3bet or flatting a 3bet' etc. Raise folding would be pretty bad imo.

I prefer just getting it in now against pairs + draws, 2pr, sets etc, rather than letting cards fall down that either kill our action, or put someone ahead or make us fold the best hand.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: NL10 flopped third nuts (flush) facing flop 3bet : No he means on the flop. He's called it a 3bet but it's actually just a raise, but yeh he's saying before you raise the flop you should have already thought 'am I raising to GII or raising to fold to a 3bet or flatting a 3bet' etc. Raise folding would be pretty bad imo. I prefer just getting it in now against pairs + draws, 2pr, sets etc, rather than letting cards fall down that either kill our action, or put someone ahead or make us fold the best hand.
    Posted by Lambert180

Yeah to be fair when you make a plan to check raise in a min raised 3 way pot, how often do you accomodate for a 3bet? 

The minute i checked i was check rasing. The minute i raised i was happy. When the 3b arrived i was shocked because i didn't think that board would hit the BB range anywhere near as much as it would for the BB. So if anything i planned for a 3b from the BTN which i had a plan but i felt this looks much stronger.

Now im not saying GII in is wrong either. 
  • edited October 2013
    If he's got some junky KdXd or whatever, just have a little cry and top-up. I don't think we can rule out the villain playing AQ, A6, 66 or even Q6 like this. He also could have weaker flushes or just the bare Kd. We must be beating his range for getting it in, with the third nuts.