You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fixed Limit

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Anyone else want sky to host some fixed limit games such as FLHoldem and FLO8 ?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    could someone that votes no explain why they are against it ? how can it be a bad idea ? it more than likely would attract more/new customers to the site .
  • edited October 2013

Morning Mr Monday.

In the UK these days, FL poker is of very low interest, & would attract minimal traffic.

It may return on Sky Poker one day, (it used to be offered, but was culled due to lack of interest), but personally, I believe the Business will have other & better, more commercially savvy priorities, before looking again at re-introducing Fixed Limit.

• edited October 2013
    Morning. Thanks for the reply . Never knew it was offered here before must have been before i joined . Hopefully someday it makes a return . Really enjoy a good game of FL08 . (its Mrs Monday btw)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Fixed Limit:
    Morning. Thanks for the reply . Never knew it was offered here before must have been before i joined . Hopefully someday it makes a return . Really enjoy a good game of FL08 . (its Mrs Monday btw)
    Posted by Monday1294
    Ooh, MRS Monday, my sincere apologies. I shall accept your "Friend Request" with alacrity!

We all have different likes & dislikes, so yes, I hope it returns one day. I'm a bit of a PLO8 addict, which is another minority-interest game, so I have to scratch around to get a game, but I guess thats half the fun.

Gotta be said, the folks who play PLO8 are a really odd bunch. I fit in nicely.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Fixed Limit : Ooh, MRS Monday, my sincere apologies. I shall accept your "Friend Request" with alacrity! We all have different likes & dislikes, so yes, I hope it returns one day. I'm a bit of a PLO8 addict, which is another minority-interest game, so I have to scratch around to get a game, but I guess thats half the fun. Gotta be said, the folks who play PLO8 are a really odd bunch. I fit in nicely.
    Posted by Tikay10
  • edited October 2013
    Alacrity! you old charmer you :-O
  • edited October 2013

Ha! You know I'm right though.

We play a weird game where the pots often get split in half, & in the Low half, there are no flushes, sets, pairs or full houses. How weird is that?

Outdraws? You've never seen the like, & yet most PLO8 players accept them stoically, & just move onto the next hand.

In poker, they are far & way the people I most enjoy playing with.

We are like those poor fisherman, who sit on river banks for hours on end, freezing cold & soaking wet, trying to use their intelligence to outwit what many think are the dumbest living things on the planet - fish. Them there fish must be brighter than most think.....

Funny world when you look at it sideways, eh?

• edited October 2013
    played some PLO8 before too . fun game . do u think someday Sky will offer all the games such as 8game , 2-7 etc
  • edited October 2013
    played some PLO8 before too . fun game . do u think someday Sky will offer all the games such as 8game , 2-7 etc
    Posted by Monday1294
    Truthfully, not for a very long time imo, no.

The online poker landscape changes so fast, what with new software, Tablet compatibility, "fast poker" all to be considered & maybe developed, & those "minority interest" games attracting less than 1% of global poker liquidity. It just makes little sense to divert valuable resource to such things.

• edited October 2013
    I cut my poker teeth on FL HE - mainly because it was the first poker book I read and I was on a European site where it was really popular.

There was FL on here but never had any volume - believe me I tried.

I now play mainly NL STTs, like the odd punt at NL MTTs although I do enjoy trying out PLO and PLO8
  • edited October 2013
    dissappointing but i can completely understand why . thanks for the replies
  • edited October 2013

Thanks Mrs Monday, for being so understanding.

There is always a reason for everything if you scratch below the surface.

Now don't be a stanger, right?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Fixed Limit : Thanks :-))
    Posted by VespaPX
    +1