You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! With Rich, Ryan and special guest Julian Thew **

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

So, what UKOPS Tournament have YOU been selected to play Rich?

Just asking, like.

Comments

• edited October 2013

Storm's a-coming!

And as the winds rage outside, Sky Poker's 8th UKOPS has also roared into action and tonight it's

UKOPS NIGHT 2

Here's the schedule-

Mon 28th Oct Live on Sky Poker TV 

TimeEventBuy-inStack 
    8.00pm£15,000 Freezeout£1104,000
    8.30pm£2,500 Freezeout£5.502,000
    9.00pm£5,000 Bounty Hunter£222,000
    10.00pm£4,000 Bounty Hunter£554,000

£15K guaranteed in the prize pool for tonight's big game. And satellites happening all across the site from now till late reg.

Leading the charge tonight live tonight on a special extra Monday night edition on 861 will be myself and Ryan Spittles.

And our special guest on the sofa will be none other than...

Julian Thew!

The focus of the evening will of course be the main event

The £15K UKOPS 2 Freezeout!

We'll be chatting to players on the phone throughout the game as well as getting live Skype chats from Joe Stapleton, who crashed out early in UKOPS 1 last night and wil be looking to make amends and Stu Rutter.

It's going to be a very busy show and here's how it maps out...

7-8pm All the action from the final table of last night's massive guarantee-smashing UKOPS 1

8-10pm Exclusive main event coverage

10-12am Continued main event coverage and key action from the live Mastercash tables.

We've got 4 seats to give away to tomorrow night's UKOPS 3 Mini Event and we'll be giving them away for the following-

1) The best email/ post/tweet of the night which gives us the most to talk about

2) The best 2 hand requests sent from you at home from any table with a TV icon next to it.

3) And, for a main event LAST LONGER!

(Usual rules apply for the last longer- you must have registered your interest on here by 8pm. Late reg entries won't count.)

Gonna be a massive one tonight, just keep your hair on. Which, in this windy weather, might be difficult for Tikay.

See you at 7!
  • edited October 2013

Afternoon Mr Oxford. 

I will be playing the mini tonight and trying to sat into some of the others ones too.

Can you please give a quick shout out at the start of tonight's show for the DTD competition run here every Monday night (3 x MTT's for £5.50). I know it will be mainly about UKOPS in this show, but it is not often we can highlight this on a live show, which may get a few more runners.

All details are on the link below. A big thanks to DTWBandit and his team of helpers for running this every week too.

• edited October 2013
    Will defo be in mini will try for main. 

MONDAY NIGHT POKER 

:D
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! 7pm-12am with Rich and Ryan ***+ register on here for the Last Longer***:
    So, what UKOPS Tournament have YOU been selected to play Rich? Just asking, like.
    Posted by Tikay10

Actually old fellow, I'm playing in the £55 rebuy UKOPS 4 on Wednesday night.

So stick that in your concrete mixer and smoke it.

I'm also playing on Thursday night, but for some strange reason the bosses wouldn't buy me a £530 seat into UKOPS 5. They've stuck me on the Mastercash tables. 

Maybe they thought I'd be dropping down a level to play the High Roller and wanted to give me a challenge. Very considerate of them.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! 7pm-12am with Rich and Ryan ***+ register on here for the Last Longer***:
    Afternoon Mr Oxford.  I will be playing the mini tonight and trying to sat into some of the others ones too. Can you please give a quick shout out at the start of tonight's show for the DTD competition run here every Monday night (3 x MTT's for £5.50). I know it will be mainly about UKOPS in this show, but it is not often we can highlight this on a live show, which may get a few more runners. All details are on the link below. A big thanks to DTWBandit and his team of helpers for running this every week too. Click here for DTD details page
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Will do, Alan.
  • edited October 2013
    Will defo be in mini will try for main.  MONDAY NIGHT POKER  :D
    Posted by The_Don90
    Cool, don't forget to enter the last longer if you manage to satellite in to the main event, Don
  • edited October 2013
    put me in the last longer please
  • edited October 2013
    Ask Ryan about live reads. I'm sure he'll understand!
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Guys

Have a good show this evening:
    Something to maybe discuss on a lighter note, in golf we have name to situation comparisons:
    Some examples in golf below:

A Diego Maradonna - Nasty little five footer.
    A Ladyboy - Looks like an easy hole but all may not be what it 
    seems

A Sister-in-law - Up there but I know that I shouldn't be
    A Salman Rushdie - An impossible read  / could work in poker too
    A Rock Hudson - Thought it was straight, but it wasn't / 4 card straight perhaps :)   
    Hope you get the idea.

Regards

Oban
  • edited October 2013
    2) The best 2 hand requests sent on from the main event by you at home

Is this main event only, will other events count? 

Also made the £22 bh :) 
  • edited October 2013
    last longer entry please
  • edited October 2013
    Last longer entry :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! With Rich, Ryan and special guest Julian Thew ***+ register on here for the Last Longer***:
    2) The  best 2 hand requests  sent on from the main event by you at home Is this main event only, will other events count?  Also made the £22 bh :) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Any TV tables, Don.

So, Mastercash and UKOPS mini + side events count too, even the UKOPS semi satellite at 6pm for example.
  • edited October 2013
    Last longer,should I make it!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! With Rich, Ryan and special guest Julian Thew ***+ register on here for the Last Longer***:
    In Response to Re: Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! With Rich, Ryan and special guest Julian Thew ***+ register on here for the Last Longer*** : Any TV tables, Don. So, Mastercash and UKOPS mini + side events count too, even the UKOPS semi satellite at 6pm for example.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    thanks for the clarification there Rich. 

Will try my best to get some interesting spots
  • edited October 2013
    in for last longer
  • edited October 2013
    last longer
    than who?
  • edited October 2013
    Hand number 704037356 from the mini last night.  This is the first hand of the mini rebuy and I faced a decision, call or fold.  I had no notes on the oppo and figured that any hands that would have me crushed pre wouldn't shove pre.  Also this is a rebuy so peoples ranges would be a lot wider then the first level of a normal freezeout.  Do Julian and Ryan believe it is better to call or fold in this spot in this situation?  You can answer too Richard although I may ignore your answer ;)

Good luck to everyone playing in the DTD and UKOPS and I hope that someone can take down both.  Now that would be a sick multi table grind!
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    last longer please matisbak thanks#
  • edited October 2013
    Hi there

Exit hand from the main event last nite please. Its a spot i often find myself exiting with. For me i shove on the flop here hoping my opponent holds AQ or Ax clubs and therefore get called by weaker. However, i'm thinking maybe i should bet smaller to encourage weaker hands along, although admittedly i always fear they will hit. I don't simply want to check as i dont want to allow single pair or gutshot hands to see a free card and improve for nothing.

Ultimately, is the above all academic, can I, or rather Scotty or Yoyo get away from the hand in that spot anyway? Love to hear your thoughts guys

memfno

Hand Ref 704103980 25K BH Sunday
  • edited October 2013
    last longer please
  • edited October 2013
    Hi All

When it comes to a rebuy tournament, are you tempted to rebuy straight away even if noone else on your table does, or do you prefer to late reg (Julian) and come in with a double stack?

Thanks

cameron

• edited October 2013
    Last longer please, satellited into tonights main event for £5.30 having done the same last night :D
  • edited October 2013
    watched the final table of the main event in the early hours

a deserved winner by far the most aggresive player kept putting the pressure and played very fearlessly

also came back from a fair deficit 3 handed to in the end win fairly cosily
  • edited October 2013
    put me in for the last longer In Response to Monday, yes MONDAY NIGHT LIVE Ch 861 UKOPS special! With Rich, Ryan and special guest Julian Thew ***+ register on here for the Last Longer***:
    Storm's a-coming! And as the winds rage outside, Sky Poker's 8th UKOPS has also roared into action and tonight it's UKOPS NIGHT 2 Here's the schedule- Mon 28th Oct  Live on Sky Poker TV  Time Event Buy-in Stack  8.00pm £15,000 Freezeout £110 4,000 8.30pm £2,500 Freezeout £5.50 2,000 9.00pm £5,000 Bounty Hunter £22 2,000 10.00pm £4,000 Bounty Hunter £55 4,000 £15K guaranteed in the prize pool for tonight's big game. And satellites happening all across the site from now till late reg. Leading the charge tonight live tonight on a special extra Monday night edition on 861 will be myself and Ryan Spittles . And our special guest on the sofa will be none other than... Julian Thew! The focus of the evening will of course be the main event The £15K UKOPS 2 Freezeout! We'll be chatting to players on the phone throughout the game as well as getting live Skype chats from Joe Stapleton, who crashed out early in UKOPS 1 last night and wil be looking to make amends and Stu Rutter. It's going to be a very busy show and here's how it maps out... 7-8pm All the action from the final table of last night's massive guarantee-smashing UKOPS 1 8-10pm Exclusive main event coverage 10-12am Continued main event coverage and key action from the live Mastercash tables. We've got 4 seats to give away to tomorrow night's UKOPS 3 Mini Event and we'll be giving them away for the following- 1) The best email/ post/tweet of the night which gives us the most to talk about 2) The best 2 hand requests sent from you at home from any table with a TV icon next to it. 3) And, for a main event LAST LONGER! (Usual rules apply for the last longer- you must have registered your interest on here by 8pm. Late reg entries won't count.) Gonna be a massive one tonight, just keep your hair on. Which, in this windy weather, might be difficult for Tikay. See you at 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
  • edited October 2013
  • edited October 2013
    last longer please... got cooler in the semi for the main!! Tried one All in sat and binked it!!

LETS DO THIS!!

BRING ON STAPES!!
  • edited October 2013
    last longer please :)
  • edited October 2013

Cheers Rich.....but last reg for the DTD comp was 7.30pm! #timing