You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

yessssssssss just won my first Omaha

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
This might not sound brilliant to the big gamblers out there but iv'e just won my first ever played Omaha DYM
Went into it by accident thinking it was a NLHE
I'm well chuffed it was only £2.25 entry but to me it could of been any amount as i'd never played one of these tournaments before never even watched one as i'm only getting to grips to playing NLHE
so i'm wishing everyone who's playing gl especially the newbies like myself if i can do it anyone can

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to yessssssssss just won my first Omaha:
    This might not sound brilliant to the big gamblers out there but iv'e just won my first ever played Omaha DYM Went into it by accident thinking it was a NLHE I'm well chuffed it was only £2.25 entry but to me it could of been any amount as i'd never played one of these tournaments before never even watched one as i'm only getting to grips to playing NLHE so i'm wishing everyone who's playing gl especially the newbies like myself if i can do it anyone can
    Posted by lea116311
    Very well done... its a bit tricky moving from holdem to omaha as i have found out, but it feels great when you get that first win!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to yessssssssss just won my first Omaha:
    This might not sound brilliant to the big gamblers out there but iv'e just won my first ever played Omaha DYM Went into it by accident thinking it was a NLHE I'm well chuffed it was only £2.25 entry but to me it could of been any amount as i'd never played one of these tournaments before never even watched one as i'm only getting to grips to playing NLHE so i'm wishing everyone who's playing gl especially the newbies like myself if i can do it anyone can
    Posted by lea116311
    Very well done. If you've already found the right style to play, you're miles ahead of the majority.
    Personally, I'm not used to playing omaha on here yet. I came first in the first Omaha MTT I played by being loose and aggressive all the way, then got busted out in the next two MTTs playing exactly the same way! One thing I do know - you won't be a consistent Omaha winner on this site by waiting for aces then shoving.

Good showing.