You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My Comeback

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi guys.

Just thought I'd post a quick thread on my return to the poker tables. After about 18 months away from the game,  iv decided (with a little help from a strange dream!) That i am ready to return to action.  

I suppose my main reason for posting this was to hear from anyone about how poker might of changed over the last 18 months (if anything). Has sky poker changed much?  I literally have not played a hand,  watched a hand or any association with the game for that long, so just wanted any support or advice you might have before I start again.

I'm going to start with a bankroll of £200 and try and work my way up. I used to play alot of DYM usually around 4 -6 tables at a time and used to find them fairly lucrative as it was a pretty basic strategy.  Are these still the same as they were? I never used to play alot of cash games and i can probably put in a few hours each day.  What do people recommend for building this bankroll on those hours? 

I appreciate if anyone actually took the time to bother reading and grateful for any feedback. Look forward to seeing you at the tables. 

P.s. I will be very rusty so take it easy on me if you do see me! : )

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Welcome back Ricky and good luck

There are a lot of new faces on the site in the last few months so i would stick to DYM's until you find your feet again.

Start taking notes !!

Run good
    Mick
  • edited October 2013
    Not sure how much in the last 18months but i used to play DYMs about 3 years ago dipping my toes in again last week and the standard has improved but if you play good stratergy there is definatly still money to be made.

Cash is cash if you can identify a player worse than yourself there is alway money to be made i wouldnt recommend going any higher than nl10 with your current bankroll its a apin because the rake is higher when you hit nl20 but you could easily wipe out your whole role in a session at nl20 atm

Make use of the clinic if your skills are abit rusty to start with there are still plenty of skilled players freely dispensing their advice in there and try to enjoy playing the game again :)

Good luck
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to My Comeback:
    Hi guys. Just thought I'd post a quick thread on my return to the poker tables. After about 18 months away from the game,  iv decided (with a little help from a strange dream!) That i am ready to return to action.   I suppose my main reason for posting this was to hear from anyone about how poker might of changed over the last 18 months (if anything). Has sky poker changed much?  I literally have not played a hand,  watched a hand or any association with the game for that long, so just wanted any support or advice you might have before I start again. I'm going to start with a bankroll of £200 and try and work my way up. I used to play alot of DYM usually around 4 -6 tables at a time and used to find them fairly lucrative as it was a pretty basic strategy.  Are these still the same as they were? I never used to play alot of cash games and i can probably put in a few hours each day.  What do people recommend for building this bankroll on those hours?  I appreciate if anyone actually took the time to bother reading and grateful for any feedback. Look forward to seeing you at the tables.  P.s. I will be very rusty so take it easy on me if you do see me! : )
    Posted by ricky1984
    plenty of action here!----- gl with it!