You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chat Abuse Gotta Laugh

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat

I was playing In the UKOPS mini last night and had a very aggro player to my left, constantly raising my bets, showing his bluffs, even called my all in shove on him at the bubble which would have knocked him out,for him to suck out on me with a worse hand,it happens, Thought I'd bide my time wait for a good hand and go for it. Blinds were getting big and we both had about the same in chips 7000+ when I got A/Q suited on the button, I shoved and he immediately called showing Pkt Q's, I then hit an Ace on the flop proceeding to knock him out. He then types abuse in chat box. Nice chap.

Comments

• edited October 2013

Invariably, bad losers are bad winners, & vice-versa. Love sticking it in your eye when winning, but cry like a baby when they lose.

Sit at a poker table for an evening, & your soul & character is soon laid bare.

At least we only get insulted & berated when we win. There's the irony.

• edited October 2013
    Not very nice, but you won the pot, he is out happy days.

It is pretty funny when people act like that.
  • edited October 2013
    I had a similar situation in the Deepstack on Sunday night. The abuse started the very first hand. A few 4 letter words aimed at me for calling his raise preflop and winning with J10, and then more abuse aimed at another player. It went oh so quiet when he was knocked out. But wanting to update my player notes on him in found him in another tourney and as soon as I opened the table he was at it again. Obviously a serial offender and I hope he has got what he deserved when I reported him.

I would like to add anyone who experiences abuse at the table shouldn't hesitate in reporting it. I did it by phone and within 2 or 3 minutes the young lady had found the relevant chat. It really is that easy. Well done Sky support.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat Abuse Gotta Laugh:
    Invariably, bad losers are bad winners, & vice-versa . Love sticking it in your eye when winning, but cry like a baby when they lose. Sit at a poker table for an evening, & your soul & character is soon laid bare.   At least we only get insulted & berated when we win. There's the irony.  
    Posted by Tikay10
     Very well said Tikay, I generally don't chat on the tables, but it amazes me why the mindless few feel the need to abuse people on their play good or bad,or in fact other peoples play even when theyre not involved. But as they say it takes all sorts to make a world. Good luck on the tables.
  • edited October 2013
    Not very nice, but you won the pot, he is out happy days. It is pretty funny when people act like that.
    Posted by LARSON7
     Agree with all ;o)
  • edited October 2013
    I had a similar situation in the Deepstack on Sunday night . The abuse started the very first hand. A few 4 letter words aimed at me for calling his raise preflop and winning with J10, and then more abuse aimed at another player. It went oh so quiet when he was knocked out. But wanting to update my player notes on him in found him in another tourney and as soon as I opened the table he was at it again. Obviously a serial offender and I hope he has got what he deserved when I reported him.  I would like to add anyone who experiences abuse at the table shouldn't hesitate in reporting it. I did it by phone and within 2 or 3 minutes the young lady had found the relevant chat. It really is that easy. Well done Sky support.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
     Nice one Dagg.
  • edited October 2013
    There are some players who just can't help themselves.  One of my favourites, a serial offender. sat down at the table at the start of a BH and the first thing they said was great a table of effin ****'s.  Third hand of the tournie he was out after calling an all in with second pair when oppo had top set.  I did have a little chuckle.

I like looking at the sharkscope of offenders.  It's normally a total car crash.  One player was giving me loads of abuse so I scoped him and he had an ROI of -70%!  I was still laughing as I koed him and reported him to customer care :)
  • edited October 2013
    There are some players who just can't help themselves.  One of my favourites, a serial offender. sat down at the table at the start of a BH and the first thing they said was great a table of effin ****'s.  Third hand of the tournie he was out after calling an all in with second pair when oppo had top set.  I did have a little chuckle. I like looking at the sharkscope of offenders.  It's normally a total car crash.  One player was giving me loads of abuse so I scoped him and he had an ROI of -70%!  I was still laughing as I koed him and reported him to customer care :)
    Posted by cenachav
     Lol 
  • edited October 2013
    Obviously doesn't know what a Bootneck is !!!

(unless he's a Para of course, which would explain a lot)
  • edited October 2013
    Obviously doesn't know what a Bootneck is !!! (unless he's a Para of course, which would explain a lot)
    Posted by VespaPX

Lolz!   

• edited October 2013
    There are some players who just can't help themselves.  One of my favourites, a serial offender. sat down at the table at the start of a BH and the first thing they said was great a table of effin ****'s.  Third hand of the tournie he was out after calling an all in with second pair when oppo had top set.  I did have a little chuckle. I like looking at the sharkscope of offenders.  It's normally a total car crash.  One player was giving me loads of abuse so I scoped him and he had an ROI of -70%!  I was still laughing as I koed him and reported him to customer care :)
    Posted by cenachav
    my roi isnt -70%!!! And where were you last weekend? No crazy shirts in sight at all ;)
  • edited October 2013

Often it's understandable, people don't like losing money.

When it's sky priority club members & current/ex TSP players, it's different.  

I think these people should be denied a % of their reward points as well as a chat ban, for chat abuse.

• edited October 2013
    Take it as a compliment. It means they are struggling vs you a lot of the time.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat Abuse Gotta Laugh : my roi isnt -70%!!! And where were you last weekend? No crazy shirts in sight at all ;)
    Posted by mewillows
    I've checked yours.  It's -69 :)  Had my girls last weekend so couldn't make it :(  Will be going to the next one if at all possible