You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS Day 3 - with Hartigan, Stapes & Sam Grafton (***TUESDAY'S LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Sky Poker's awesome UKOPS festival continues. It's Day 3, and the main event is...

The £10,000 Double Chance

Register now, and follow the action on channel 861. Stapes and I will appear on your screens at 7pm. We'll be (anti?) railing the three members of the Sky Poker TV team playing the tournament: tikay, Tatjana and Julian.

And we'll be joined in the studio by one of the most popular pros on the tournament circuit, and a veteran of the Sky Poker Cash Game: The Squid (that's THE Squid, not to be confused with A squid)...

The Squid (has GUKPT title, but no tentacles)

A squid (has tentacles, but sucks at poker)

If you have a question for Sam Grafton, please send it to the usual address. If your contribution impresses, entertains or amuses us, you could be squids in, as we'll be awarding spot prizes this evening.

You could also potentially win a tournament ticket by sending in a Hand ID from tonight's main event. As ever, we're always happy to analyse your play, using our graphical card blockers.

So, get in touch, if you'd like to win free entry to tomorrow's £5.50 UKOPS Mini.

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Can i request this hand from last nights UKOPs bh please.

Some background. I recently moved to the table but this is on the stone bubble. I'm genuinely not sure what to do on the river, and therefore i think in hindsight i make a mistake on the turn. 

Thanks.
  • edited October 2013
    Hi guys have a great show   

is sam grafton playing any of the ukops and if so which 1 and whats hes alias :)
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day 3 - with Hartigan, Stapes & Sam Grafton (***TUESDAY'S LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Can i request this hand from last nights UKOPs bh please. #704477644 Some background. I recently moved to the table but this is on the stone bubble. I'm genuinely not sure what to do on the river, and therefore i think in hindsight i make a mistake on the turn.  Thanks.
    Posted by The_Don90

Chances are we'll be living in the here and now and focussing on tonight's main event.

But, if you think this is a good hand for discussion on TV, Don, why not stick it in The Poker Clinic?

• edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day 3 - with Hartigan, Stapes & Sam Grafton (***TUESDAY'S LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day 3 - with Hartigan, Stapes & Sam Grafton (***TUESDAY'S LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : Chances are we'll be living in the here and now and focussing on tonight's main event. But, if you think this is a good hand for discussion on TV, Don, why not stick it in The Poker Clinic?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    I will do, just feel ive posted a few too many hands in the clinic of late. Although i think this one is better than most.

Thanks for the reply though James. 

Slightly disappointed as i genuinely think this is a sick, sick spot. 

• edited October 2013
    After last night, could wardrobe PLEASE make sure that Stapes has trousers on tonight!
  • edited October 2013
    Tonight's show should be amazing with Staoes, James and Sam - can't wait! I'll be grinding the tournament tonight although you don't have anything to fear as I don't think I have gone above starting stack in the last two nights....hmm.
  • edited October 2013
    Last night I got in the main for £3 with an all in sat..... granted I didn't cash and stapes lasted longer than me!

BUT..... I did qualify for the ME via the super sat and thought I would try an all in Sat tonight for tonights main......

BOOOM!! First one .... Binked it! Two mains ... two nights.... £6!!!

• edited October 2013
    Gratz TK, chip leader at hand 1 having been the first player to rebuy :)
  • edited October 2013
    Then there will be a massive implosion of the Sky servers, the tournament will have to be abandoned, stakes will be returned according to chipstacks and the bracelet awarded to the chip leader at the time - Tikay!
  • edited October 2013
    £3 all in won my seat to the main event cant wait, if i won another one does that count as a rebuy ?

hoggarth08
  • edited October 2013
    £3 all in won my seat to the main event cant wait, if i won another one does that count as a rebuy ?

hoggarth08
  • edited October 2013
    £3 all in won my seat to the main event cant wait, if i won another one does that count as a rebuy ? hoggarth08
    Posted by hoggarth08
    If you win an all-in again you get £110 cash in your account, you can spend that on a rebuy if you wish.
  • edited October 2013
    thanks sky for all the sats but the standard in them is amazing
    all the pros and big regs seem to be there - even saw chrissy_c who was 2nd at the spt playing in them
    and then you get the bingo fish - the sats are really hard work to play

so i went and played a BH instead of all the sats - just 21 players and bingo - i win my UKOPS ME buyin and double chance (taken already), while taking over 50% of the heads. my only concern now is that i've peaked to early.....

GELDY460001£115 + £147.49 Head Prizes12
    enjoying the show - a little different from normal - but nothing wrong with that (except folding AK)

• edited October 2013
    Hi Guys,

I was wanting some advice on live play.  Went to my first live game 2 months ago and was super tight and got blinded out but just wanted to get a read on how it works. However i have noticed that the majority are super aggressive with lots of 3, 4 and even 5 bets pre-flop and i feel that unless i have a super strong hand that if i call i will be pot committed!!

Does this mean i should amp up my aggression (though i am not naturally so)

Also do the guys have top 3 tips for a live beginner player so i dont look like one eg how to stack my chips? or when to look at my hand cos i with always remember i have aces, kings etc

Hopefully make next SPT in Scotland

Loving the show
  • edited October 2013
    Should I have shoved over the top.... I know its early but I have notes on Ebb eing loose.

Card protectors please.

• edited October 2013
    hey guys its not archer is it think it is
    haha
  • edited October 2013
    WoW!  Just seen leaderboard for tonites ukops! Looks like Tikay has been burgled earlier by Kidpoker & he noticed Tikay had regd!!

edit: that was an old LB I saw! sigh..
  • edited October 2013
    Who'd have thought knowledge of semi-obscure American animated TV programmes would earn me a free UKOPS Mini seat?

Thanks James
  • edited October 2013
    could my table in main B ANY TOUGHER  tony  teacakes kendall rosie dog and je is budget who is a pro that tikay obviousley knows but is remaining incogniyo any idea who it is guys?
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Guys, great show as usual

any chance you can analyze this hand from tonights ukops mini, #704733842.

What would you do?

Any feedback appreciated, thanks in advance.

• edited October 2013
    Hi. Great show tonight. My two favourite presenters with an added bonus. Liked Sam before this but like him even more now, extra twitter follower for you! 

My question is in six max MTT, can you still afford to be patient. Especially as there are no antes on sky do you still think you can get down to less than 15 BB (I'm talking later stages) and not panic to much about getting your stack in. I'm a player that likes to get the chips in first rather than call off and finding spots can take time. Basically, is it better to try and double up to a bigger stack when 15+ bb but in more risky spots or try and be patient and preserve your life looking for better equity spots but run risk that if you do double up it might only be to a below average stack. 

Thanks. 
  • edited October 2013
    In for £3 out for £0!!

66 v 1010 no good on a board of 3Q3QA

Sigh....
  • edited October 2013

10:30 PM main mini both % main in mini

entered 139 516 71 51
    left 54 196 19  

SootedPOWA 2 29    
    GELDY 3 110    
    SenorBegs 9 81    
    POKERTREV 10 31    
    stacker59 13 147    
    StinkyBuds 15 93    
    jakally 23 165    
    darsum333 24 39    
    matisback 29 15    
    bearlyther 33 73    
    offshoot 34 75    
    TommyD 37 64    
    SUPERSNEDD 40 145    
    RyanC7 47 4    
    boggo 49 185    
    Simmy4k 50 38    
    SoLack 51 177    
    Jack3010 53 121    
    yoyo 54 23    

• edited October 2013

Evening Gentleman

Enjoying the show, as many others I am sure, tonight there seems to be a lot of energy in the studio must say.

I've messed up in one hand tonight against spleen1981 hoping this will not cost me the tourny as I was briefly in the top 5. Utilising the info and hand strategies you bring to my full advantage tonight.

Alas, I have just lost another race against a short stack for his tourny life whilst sending this post, perhaps this might not be my night... sigh. However I still in and will not lose hope, merely proceed with caution.

thanks

• edited October 2013
    Can u guys analyse a Master cash hand plz?

• edited October 2013

10:59 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 139 516 71 51  
    left 36 130 10    

SootedPOWA 3 42      
    jakally 7 116      
    GELDY 10 59      
    matisback 16 21      
    StinkyBuds 21 114      
    bearlyther 30 49      
    SenorBegs 31 4      
    yoyo 32 37      
    boggo 34 96      
    TommyD 35 113      

• edited October 2013

Good Evening Guys

I've noticed something over this UKOPS series which I think may improove my game.

It seems that the better players tend to dress more casual.

Thewy is always in jeans and a bad shirt / jumper.

Stapes is sometimes in jeans / sometimes not as it turns out.

Orford tries to impress and fails, both with attire and poker.

Tikay wears shirt and tie.  Say no more.

Could this be the real secret behind poker?

Perhaps I need to take off the linen shirt and stick and ripped tee on and take on 2p/4p

Enjoying the show as always.

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited October 2013
    hey guys i was just wondering who won that archer thing because i am sure i was one of the first just i havent heard who won just to let you know i posted my answer at 8:35 thank you 
  • edited October 2013
    Good Evening Guys I've noticed something over this UKOPS series which I think may improove my game. It seems that the better players tend to dress more casual. Thewy is always in jeans and a bad shirt / jumper. Stapes is sometimes in jeans / sometimes not as it turns out. Orford tries to impress and fails, both with attire and poker. Tikay wears shirt and tie.  Say no more. Could this be the real secret behind poker? Perhaps I need to take off the linen shirt and stick and ripped tee on and take on 2p/4p Enjoying the show as always. Regards Pen Fifteen
    Posted by PenFifteen
    You're on the right track, but its not the clothes, its the hair!
    Have you noticed Orfords hair gets darker when he's about to play a tournament?
    judging by tonight, James has tried to imitate Thewy by putting fingers in an electric socket!
    Surely that budgie effect was not designed by the make up team?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: UKOPS Day 3 - with Hartigan, Stapes & Sam Grafton (***TUESDAY'S LIVE SHOW THREAD***) : You're on the right track, but its not the clothes, its the hair! Have you noticed Orfords hair gets darker when he's about to play a tournament? judging by tonight, James has tried to imitate Thewy by putting fingers in an electric socket! Surely that budgie effect was not designed by the make up team?
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    So do I need to go Ging?