You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
Could someone please explain to me what the point on the "double points" promo is? Up until now I was under the impression that - 18k points without double points = 18k with double points. But it doesn't change at all it is just a % of the rake paid? So double points is just to help 6 people get to prio that may of otherwise not? Correct?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    I think I've come across a bit frustrated ect. Not the case. I'd just like to know the benefits of this promo to clear a few things up as im unsure. Cheers
  • edited October 2013
    In short, the benefit to Prio members is gonna be non existent for the most part. If you'd have got 12k normally, and your points were doubled to 24k then the rake you've paid is exactly the same BUT you get 25% now instead of 20% cos u got over 20k points. Other than getting to the next threshold it's pointless (pardon the pun lol) for Prio members.

Pretty good for non Prio members tho
  • edited October 2013
    The benefits beyond 10k points are solely to make it easier to reach 25% and then 30% rakeback. (Although there's an easier and 'completely equitable' way to do that without any effort. So long as you're not a Sky customer already)

Below that 10k mark is where the benefit is really felt. So it's good for recreational players who will receive double rakeback and may, as you say, reach priority.

EDIT: Lost another race. *sigh*
  • edited October 2013
    Yeah if you make 10k points anyway, but don't think the double points will make you reach 20k, then there's no point doing anything different to what you'd normally do.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Points:
    I think I've come across a bit frustrated ect. Not the case. I'd just like to know the benefits of this promo to clear a few things up as im unsure. Cheers
    Posted by RyanC7
    It's simply this...

- Non priority players get more points and therefore more rewards / cash

- Priority players (or players who might normally just be below priority) get there quicker and may get into higher tiers of bonus
  • edited October 2013
    Yep, got it. Cheers