You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'YOU HAVE SIZING LEAKS'

edited October 2013 in Poker Chat
a player said this to me in the chatbox

WHAT ARE THEY?

HOW DO YOU FIX THEM?

Comments

• edited October 2013
    You are giving away your hand with your bet sizes. Maybe you raise 4x with bigpairs and 2x suited connecters, or bet small on the flop with  middle pair / draws and big with 2pair+.

Easy enough to fix, just choose a standard preflop raise size, and if you are going to vary post flop sizes do it based not on your hand but on things like board texture or how many people are in thr pot, never solely on hand strength.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    Hi Ludacris i am a coach for poker vip.  I offer coaching sessions and we would be able to fix the leaks.  Pm for details and rates.  I also have the number of a good plumber.
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 'YOU HAVE SIZING LEAKS':
    Hi Ludacris i am a coach for poker vip.  I offer coaching sessions and we would be able to fix the leaks.  Pm for details and rates.  I also have the number of a good plumber.
    Posted by bearlyther
    lol i said this last night but my post got deleted,humour not allowed@sky forum mod..
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 'YOU HAVE SIZING LEAKS' : lol i said this last night but my post got deleted,humour not allowed@sky forum mod..
    Posted by FINS
    i seen you're comment last night, i find this baffling why you cant even make a joke on here now, the forums a total joke.
  • edited October 2013
    They often say that good poker isn't about doing different things with the same hand, it's about doing the same thing with different hands...
  • edited October 2013
    if u 3 dx preflop with  qk  and 5 x preflop with aces people pick up on this keep ya bet sizing the same preflop and on the flop keep ya bet sizing the same if ya bluffing or not bluffing this way people dnt pick up on anything 
  • edited October 2013
    Posted by bearlyther
    PM SENT, WILLING TO PAY UP TO 10GBP PER HOUR 
  • edited October 2013
    if u 3 dx preflop with  qk  and 5 x preflop with aces people pick up on this keep ya bet sizing the same preflop and on the flop keep ya bet sizing the same if ya bluffing or not bluffing this way people dnt pick up on anything 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I BET MORE WITH MY WEAK AHNDS AND LESS WITH MY STRONG HANDS, AM I DOING IT RIGHT?
  • edited October 2013
    They often say that good poker isn't about doing different things with the same hand, it's about doing the same thing with different hands...
    Posted by poppy765
    ARE YOU DRUNK? SPEAK ENGLISH PLEASE
  • edited October 2013
    u should keep ya bet sizing the same 
  • edited October 2013
    u should keep ya bet sizing the same 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    ON EVERY FLOP?

PRETEND YOU AHVE RAISED & I HAVE RE RAISED AND YOU HAVE CALLED......
  • edited October 2013
    You can vary your sizing,  but not solely on hand strength.

Do it based on information that is already out there for everyone to see.

For example its ok to raisebigger UTG with a stronger range as the fact you are UTG means you have a stronger range anyway. You are giving no extra info to the table by making it an extra bb on your button raise sizie

On a board like K82 rainbow you can bet smaller with your entire range, value or not as everyone can see its a dry board and you would want to keep 8x in the hand when you have AK just as much as you want to be able to fold out QJ cheaply when you have T9.

Similarly on a wet board you will be betting bigger with your value hands to charge draws just as much as you will want to be bluffing bigger to discourage weak draws anc marginal pairs from realising their equity.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    This thread is hilarious!! Well played ludicris!
  • edited October 2013
    gg, lol.

Cheers, 
    TEDDY
  • edited October 2013
    This thread is hilarious!! Well played ludicris!
    Posted by maximus66
    I CAN'T WINA  POT OFF YOU ON THE TABLES, BUDDY. HELP US OUT HERE...

• edited October 2013
    You can vary your sizing,  but not solely on hand strength. Do it based on information that is already out there for everyone to see. For example its ok to raisebigger UTG with a stronger range as the fact you are UTG means you have a stronger range anyway. You are giving no extra info to the table by making it an extra bb on your button raise sizie On a board like K82 rainbow you can bet smaller with your entire range, value or not as everyone can see its a dry board and you would want to keep 8x in the hand when you have AK just as much as you want to be able to fold out QJ cheaply when you have T9. Similarly on a wet board you will be betting bigger with your value hands to charge draws just as much as you will want to be bluffing bigger to discourage weak draws anc marginal pairs from realising their equity. Cheers,  TEDDY
    Posted by TeddyBloat

THIS IS HELPING BUT IT CONMTRADICTS WHAT DONKALLU JUST SAID?
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: 'YOU HAVE SIZING LEAKS' : I CAN'T WINA  POT OFF YOU ON THE TABLES, BUDDY. HELP US OUT HERE...
    Posted by Ludacris
    lol we know thats not true!
  • edited October 2013
    In Response to 'YOU HAVE SIZING LEAKS':
    a player said this to me in the chatbox WHAT ARE THEY? HOW DO YOU FIX THEM?
    Posted by Ludacris

Why thats gotta be the most Ludicrous thing I ever heard!  Boom tish! I thank you.... (All credits go to Groucho!)