You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£2500 timed freerole calling station

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
19MUFC19 Big blind  300.00 300.00 2187.50
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

bexh Fold     
sharon1959 Fold     
 Call  300.00 600.00 1600.00
MrSnacky Fold     
19MUFC19 Raise  600.00 1200.00 1587.50
 Call  600.00 1800.00 1000.00
Flop

• J
  • K

19MUFC19 Bet  900.00 2700.00 687.50
 All-in  1000.00 3700.00 0.00
19MUFC19 Call  100.00 3800.00 587.50
19MUFC19 Show
  • A
  • A

Show
  • K
  • Q

Turn

River

• A

Win Royal Flush 3800.00  3800.00

I hate this with a passion and it happens all the time.... 'Ive got 1600 chips so i'll call 900 off and see a flop before I put the rest in' arrrrrgh!!!!! I don't mind if you get it all in pre with 72 and the flop comes 772 good luck to you but this calling station stuff....

Half his stack gone and he flops the world, oh wait we'll go even better and give you a Royal Flush!!!

SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited November 2013
    struggling to decide who played it worst, you or the villain.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £2500 timed freerole calling station:
    struggling to decide who played it worst, you or the villain.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Here's another sarcastic forum idiot... Tell me then what I did wrong? I raise 600 wanting and expecting with him having 1600 to shove.... On the flop I bet 900 hoping he's hit and thinks im bluffing

If he shoves pre I have no issue its this calling pre that's grates on me... Its all the time
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: £2500 timed freerole calling station : Here's another sarcastic forum idiot... Tell me then what I did wrong? I raise 600 wanting and expecting with him having 1600 to shove.... On the flop I bet 900 hoping he's hit and thinks im bluffing If he shoves pre I have no issue its this calling pre that's grates on me... Its all the time
    Posted by 19MUFC19
    rock is making a valid point.
    basically you both played it badly.

he played it badly not bothing to even start off with a jam.
    then you holding AA decide to only min raise expecting him to jam, you should have just did the jam yourself.
    he decided to just limp so what make you think he will now jam

you both seem to be just clicking buttons.
  • edited November 2013
  • edited November 2013
    dw m8 u get them all day on the forum i just lost with my kings to q4,q4 hit the staight just move on
  • edited November 2013
    You have AA and 7BB, what more can you ask for other than some guy calling off most of his stack pre?

Both played awfully. There are no winners in this hand.
  • edited November 2013
    you should be open jamming that stack size, he should never be flatting but when he does and hits that flop he cant fold, hes favourite anyway against AA when that flop drops so why would he?
  • edited November 2013
    Hate to be results orientated but how did AA play it badly? OK KQs may well have called a jam anyway but if he's limp calling this hand he may well do so with a lot of hands. That's great for us because with AA we WANT action. Obviously with any other hand not shoving would be bad and thus we should for balance purposes also shove with AA but in a vacuum a bad random player ain't going to be able to exploit us.

Do you really just want to shove and pick up the blinds with AA??

Everyone is just being results orientated because hero lost. Had it come K52 and he'd held up and won or even T43 and villain decides to call with 2 overs... would we really be saying AA played it badly then?
  • edited November 2013
    Hate to be results orientated but how did AA play it badly? OK KQs may well have called a jam anyway but if he's limp calling this hand he may well do so with a lot of hands. That's great for us because with AA we WANT action. Obviously with any other hand not shoving would be bad and thus we should for balance purposes also shove with AA but in a vacuum a bad random player ain't going to be able to exploit us. Do you really just want to shove and pick up the blinds with AA?? Everyone is just being results orientated because hero lost. Had it come K52 and he'd held up and won or even T43 and villain decides to call with 2 overs... would we really be saying AA played it badly then?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    This is also being results orientated no?

It can only ever be a shove. 
  • edited November 2013
    Just ul mate, but definatly best just to shove pre given blinds to stack size.
  • edited November 2013
    You SHOULD NOT shove pre, u got the nuts and its incredibly tough to be outdrawn, y risk him folding after a limp? If flops any pair or draw he will commit rest, just unlucky he flopped soooo much equity. Ul. Move on.
    Stu
  • edited November 2013
    This is totally read dependent. It reminds me of something that was posted in the clinic a few weeks ago.

If we think the villain is much more likely to limp-call for 3BB than he is to limp-call for 8BB, then the obvious decision is to raise to 3BB. We want him to put more money in.

If we think the villain limp-calls 8BB as often or almost as often as he limp-calls 3BB, then shoving our AA is best.

As it is, we lose either way... We can't say the hero played it badly if he had reason to believe this 3x raise was more likely to be called than the shove.
  • edited November 2013
    Simple solution to everything

FOLD PRE!!!!!!
  • edited November 2013
    I think a lot of you are not understanding my frustration... Im not asking for advice on how i played the hand, im happy with how i played it and would play it the same way again! Ive got AA in the big blind, i want action! And if he gives it me with a shove pre i have no issue... Good luck to him, nice hand!

Moving on to you forum trolls... This post is in the beats section which is provided for people to post their beats in and for people who are interested to read them... If your not interesred why post? Stop being sad pathetic losers with nothing better to do than troll people with 'zzzzzzzz'' 
  • edited November 2013
    I think a lot of you are not understanding my frustration... Im not asking for advice on how i played the hand, im happy with how i played it and would play it the same way again! Ive got AA in the big blind, i want action! Posted by 19MUFC19
    I understand your frustration that he didnt shove preflop, but its fairly hypocritical to want action, get action, and then complain.
  • edited November 2013
    I think a lot of you are not understanding my frustration... Im not asking for advice on how i played the hand, im happy with how i played it and would play it the same way again! Ive got AA in the big blind, i want action! And if he gives it me with a shove pre i have no issue... Good luck to him, nice hand! Moving on to you forum trolls... This post is in the beats section which is provided for people to post their beats in and for people who are interested to read them... If your not interesred why post? Stop being sad pathetic losers with nothing better to do than troll people with 'zzzzzzzz'' 
    Posted by 19MUFC19

well said!!
  • edited November 2013
    Look at it this way.....you hate him calling off 1/3 of his stack,but if he misses you get him to fold and make a profit.
    If he hits its all going in anyway.then you hold/get outdrawn..standard.
  • edited November 2013
    @ hh: The difference is what actually happened has a much less likely chance than the scenarios I gave. Borin's post is spot on and just re-iterates the point I was trying to make. Do you really want to just pick up the blinds with AA? It's a hand that doesn't come along all that often so maximising ev with it is crucial. As an example of this in the mini last night I decided it would be optmal to limp with AA because I had a player to my left that liked to see flops for cheap and would get it in with any piece. Flop came 426 and I doubled up vs his A4 when it went in on the flop. Yes, I risked the blinds hitting a flop hard but the risk/reward was worth it.
  • edited November 2013

At least you got to play in the freeroll.
  • edited November 2013
    @ hh: The difference is what actually happened has a much less likely chance than the scenarios I gave. Borin's post is spot on and just re-iterates the point I was trying to make. Do you really want to just pick up the blinds with AA? It's a hand that doesn't come along all that often so maximising ev with it is crucial. As an example of this in the mini last night I decided it would be optmal to limp with AA because I had a player to my left that liked to see flops for cheap and would get it in with any piece. Flop came 426 and I doubled up vs his A4 when it went in on the flop. Yes, I risked the blinds hitting a flop hard but the risk/reward was worth it.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Look, I have no issue with raising AA from an 8bb stack (probably a lie but each to their own). If that's how you want to play it then fill your boots. But to then play it that way and complain about getting outdrawn is ridiculous.

In your example, you limp AA and get the maximum, fair play. Had the BB flopped 2 pair and held, would you have then come on BBV to bemoan your luck? No. You'd have realised it was the risk you were taking and taken it on the chin.

To play AA in this way, and then kick off when you get outdrawn, is absurd. Either get it in pre and know you made the right play, or play it cuter and risk the outdraw. But don't moan when the outdraw occasionally wins.
  • edited November 2013
    Agree completely as Coxy said it's somewhat hypocritical to want action and then complain when you are outdrawn. I only posted because everyone then went on to criticize hero's play when he did nothing wrong. 
  • edited November 2013
    Sorry Ivan, my last post sounded quite harsh now I'm reading it back sober!

Still a shove ;)