You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

November Fiver on A November Niner?

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
The WSOP Main Event final table plays out on Monday night and I wondered who you guys would pick if you had to chuck a fiver on?

JC Tran (38m) 11/4
Amir Lehavot (29.7m) 4/1
Jay Farber (25,975m) 6/1
Ryan Riess (25.875m) 6/1
Marc-Etienne McLaughlin (26.525m) 6/1
Sylvain Loosli (19.6m) 8/1
Michiel Brummelhuis (11.275m) 12/1
David Benefield (6.375m) 20/1
Mark Newhouse (7.350m) 20/1

(Prices from Sky Bet)

JC Tran is the obvious class act at the table, but I do have a nagging feeling that one of the two shorties could be a good E/W bet at 20s. Both have won WPT or WSOP titles in the past and one double up gets them back to a more playable stack with blinds kicking off at 200k/400k/a50k.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to November Fiver on A November Niner?:
    The WSOP Main Event final table plays out on Monday night and I wondered who you guys would pick if you had to chuck a fiver on? JC Tran (38m) 11/4 Amir Lehavot (29.7m) 4/1 Jay Farber (25,975m) 6/1 Ryan Riess (25.875m) 6/1 Marc-Etienne McLaughlin (26.525m) 6/1 Sylvain Loosli (19.6m) 8/1 Michiel Brummelhuis (11.275m) 12/1 David Benefield (6.375m) 20/1 Mark Newhouse (7.350m) 20/1 (Prices from  Sky Bet ) JC Tran is the obvious class act at the table, but I do have a nagging feeling that one of the two shorties could be a good E/W bet at 20s. Both have won WPT or WSOP titles in the past and one double up gets them back to a more playable stack with blinds kicking off at 200k/400k/a50k.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I agree about the short stacks and if you could actually bet e/w I would!! 
    Think I'm gunna back Newhouse anyway though. 
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: November Fiver on A November Niner?:
    In Response to November Fiver on A November Niner? : I agree about the short stacks and if you could actually bet e/w I would!!  Think I'm gunna back Newhouse anyway though. 
    Posted by jonnyrkd
     Benefield Dave, he's just crazy and lucky enough to double/ treble up early on.
  • edited November 2013
    Boring but Tran for me, class act and most chips.
  • edited November 2013
    I've just finished watching the TV coverage up to date. I was impressed by Ryan Reiss, I reckon he's in with a great chance. If I were to have a wager he'd be my pick.

JC Tran is solid and unlikely to make any mistakes, unless the deck has other ideas he looks like a lock for top three finish.

Strangely Amir Lehavot, second in chips, was barely shown in the coverage, it's hard to assess how good he is. 
  • edited November 2013
    Just watched the HU live coverage having avoided social media and internet forums all morning so I wouldn't know the outcome.

Shoulda put my money where my mouth was :/