You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK 3 way with PSB left

edited November 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Can't post HH won't work. Anyway, have AK with around 8k at 200/400 iirc. Raise to 800 from HJ and I 3-bet to 2k. BTN who's a solid player with a similar chip size to me calls and HJ calls. Flop is J74 and I have a PSB left. It's checked to me. Do I just c/f?

BTN must be super strong to flat pre here. I do have a BDNFD as well.

Comments

• ybyb
    edited November 2013
    In Response to AK 3 way with PSB left:
    Can't post HH won't work. Anyway, have AK with around 8k at 200/400 iirc. Raise to 800 from HJ and I 3-bet to 2k. BTN who's a solid player with a similar chip size to me calls and HJ calls. Flop is J74 and I have a PSB left. It's checked to me. Do I just c/f? BTN must be super strong to flat pre here. I do have a BDNFD as well.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    so you raised from CO? when you say solid how exactly do you mean? because a lot of the more solid players on sky play very predictably especially in MTT's and hardly ever have AA/KK here. a lot depends on reads on BTN but i'd be very tempted to b/f ~1/4 pot

i'd also 3bet a bit smaller too in position
  • edited November 2013
    Actually I think I got positions wrong - I was in the SB so that'll be why I 3-bet bigger. Think original raiser was in CO and other villain in BB since I remember post flop checking to his bet. What makes you think they don't have AA/KK? With his stack size it seems really bad to be flatting with anything else there. Possibly AQs that doesn't think shoving pre is good vs mine or villains calling range but is too strong to fold vs my 3-bet range. Still seems a little optimistic to put that in his range.
  • edited November 2013
    Meh I might just jam pre

Postflop seems a clear c/f to me