You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£20 - £100 in November

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all

Thought I would start this diary for a month. My intention is to turn £20 into £100 by the end of November. I withdrew what was left of my roll after going into tilt last week. I left a £20 bankroll.
I will be playing £0.2 -£0.4 up to 4 tables at a time. I know this won't leave much in my bankroll but can always put more cash in should I fail. I have £14 coming from C4P last month so that should help.
I have made a slight adjustment in my game so hopefully this will pay dividends.
Hopefully this diary will help me stay focused as I am falling out of love with this game after my tilting week.

Comments

• edited November 2013
    In Response to £20 - £100 in November:
    Hi all Thought I would start this diary for a month. My intention is to turn £20 into £100 by the end of November. I withdrew what was left of my roll after going into tilt last week. I left a £20 bankroll. I will be playing £0.2 -£0.4 up to 4 tables at a time. I know this won't leave much in my bankroll but can always put more cash in should I fail. I have £14 coming from C4P last month so that should help. I have made a slight adjustment in my game so hopefully this will pay dividends. Hopefully this diary will help me stay focused as I am falling out of love with this game after my tilting week.
    Posted by spinky6108
    Good luck spink.

Can I ask what adjustment you have made, or is it top secret?

Hope you run good!
  • edited November 2013
    Days 1 and 2
    Bankroll £31.09
    Profit £11.09
    C4P £1.82
    Put a lot of volume in yesterday and ran well for a £11 profit on the day. A good start. My poker tends to go like that 1 good day then a bad day but  hopefully today will be different as I am playing slightly different now. Sorry Doh I won't say what I have done to my game yet its nothing major but it worked yesterday.
    If I stay away from the HU sit and gos then that will be a bonus I enjoy playing them but lose a lot. Cant get to grips with them and lose.
    Today will be putting a bit of volume in on the cash tables.
  • edited November 2013

Good luck with this Spinky.

Variance means you will have losing days even if you are a regular or big winner. Ride with those punches, & you'll be fine.

Not sure how many tables you play at the same time, but as a general rule, the more tables (up to a point) the less you will be affected by variance, it helps smooth the swings & swongs.
  • edited November 2013
    Day 3
    Thank you Tikay for taking the time to write I am playing 4 tables at the same time at the moment I am finding this ok on my old laptop.

Was a good day yesterday put in loads of volume and made a profit.

I just want to say I am using the new tables now and I really like them I didn't think I would at first but I have got used to them now.

Bankroll £49.17
    Profit £18.08
    Total profit £29.17
    C4P £2.92
  • edited November 2013
    Day 4

4th day of profit that is a record for me playing cash normally win 1 day lose the next over half way now to my £100 goal.

Bankroll £56.76
    Profit £7.59
    Total profit £36.76
    C4P £3.49
  • edited November 2013
    Day 5
    Bankroll £63.24
    Profit £6.99
    Total profit £43.76
    C4P £3.85

Day 6
    Bankroll £75.23
    Profit £11.99
    C4P £3.91

Not played much last 2 days but still going in right direction. Profit yesterday includes £5 birthday present
    from Sky. Thank you Sky. Birthday is tomorrow. Wont be playing much tomorrow. Party to go to.
  • edited November 2013
    hi all???  I am playing poker for 2 weeks with a £10.00 token and deposit no money yet and up 2 £150 so far...