You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fedbruary Sky Poker UK Festival

edited November 2013 in Poker Chat
Dear Mr and Mrs SKY planning,

I appreciate Satellite planning for big events is complicated
But as a low stakes punter I like to punt on the all in Satellites
Best i've managed is 2nd, but its the taking part that counts.
The frustration is they only seem to run just before the tournaments begin.
Would it  be possible to run a weekly session for forthcoming big tournaments?
choose a day of the week and time, advertise it on the live shows and i'm sure you'd get a good response from your regulars.
You could even run them in the early hours of the morning and cancel if they dont meet the player requirement.
I ask because it would greater opportunity to organise a trip to DTD and could be spread across more than one monthly Bankroll.
I apologise if my suggeastion is unworkable but if you don't ask,you dont get!

To ensure you get the numbers you could change the prize structure of daily freerolls from cash to all in satellite entries perhaps.

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• edited November 2013
    Nice idea.

Think that the all-ins def have a place.  Getting the price point right tho is tough tho for these.

Fairly sure that there will there will be all sorts of sats running.

Looking forward to it!
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Fedbruary Sky Poker UK Festival:
    Dear Mr and Mrs SKY planning, I appreciate Satellite planning for big events is complicated But as a low stakes punter I like to punt on the all in Satellites Best i've managed is 2nd, but its the taking part that counts. The frustration is they only seem to run just before the tournaments begin. Would it  be possible to run a weekly session for forthcoming big tournaments? choose a day of the week and time, advertise it on the live shows and i'm sure you'd get a good response from your regulars. You could even run them in the early hours of the morning and cancel if they dont meet the player requirement. I ask because it would greater opportunity to organise a trip to DTD and could be spread across more than one monthly Bankroll. I apologise if my suggeastion is unworkable but if you don't ask,you dont get! To ensure you get the numbers you could change the prize structure of daily freerolls from cash to all in satellite entries perhaps. Thoughts anyone?
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Morning Doshy.

I hope you don't mind, but Mr & Mrs Sky Planning are busy right now, so I'll reply for the moment.

The satellite structure for the Sky Poker UK Poker Championships will commence very shortly, & will be varied, & try to cater for all bankrolls. 

It will be over a 3 month period, too, so there'll be plenty of opportunities for everyone to try & qualify.

I'll be Posting some stuff on the "official" UK Poker Championship thread later today.  
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Fedbruary Sky Poker UK Festival:
    In Response to Fedbruary Sky Poker UK Festival : Morning Doshy. I hope you don't mind, but Mr & Mrs Sky Planning are busy right now, so I'll reply for the moment. The satellite structure for the Sky Poker UK Poker Championships will commence very shortly, & will be varied, & try to cater for all bankrolls.  It will be over a 3 month period, too, so there'll be plenty of opportunities for everyone to try & qualify.   I'll be Posting some stuff on the "official" UK Poker Championship thread later today.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for taking the time to respond Tikay + Ryan!
    I do appreciate. the price for all ins will have to be greater for a £1k entry
    but maybe you could have a £5.5 (1/5 qualify) all in satellite, to get you into
    a £25 all in semi.
  • edited November 2013
    In Response to Re: Fedbruary Sky Poker UK Festival:
    In Response to Re: Fedbruary Sky Poker UK Festival : Thanks for taking the time to respond Tikay + Ryan! I do appreciate. the price for all ins will have to be greater for a £1k entry but maybe you could have a £5.5 (1/5 qualify) all in satellite, to get you into a £25 all in semi.
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    There will be a Feeder system I imagine, weekly Semis, & a monthly Final probably. Just guessing, of course.