You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how do you deal with a range of different playing styles,all sat on the same table??

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
hi all ,ive been playing a bit of live poker down my brothers pub for the last couple of  months ,either a friday night or sunday afternoon ,or sometimes both .......they are players i didnt know ,and were kind enough to let me join in for a game .........after a few weeks i realised that my playing style was not gonna work on this table ,and i had to change ........on my table i had a tight player ,an allin merchant ,2 players calling any raise with any 2 cards ,a guy who never raises even with aa pre flop ,and a persistant bluffer .............basically a nightmare table lol ...........obviously you can deal with possibly 2 of the above ,but to have them all sat at the same table is horrendous ..........its taken me a couple of months ,but i won 1st game last week ,there was no way i was giving up till i won one .........its a nightmare to play poker there ,but ive never had so much fun ,friendly banter,horrendous calls ,all in with air on the flop, that actually work out ,turn and river ,so funny...........going back to my question ,how do you deal with a range of different playing styles,all sat on the same table ??????????........ten

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Pick one player and play against him. Ignore all the others as much as possible, just focus on that one guy.
    Every time, he raises, pop it up. If he folds then get out of the hand - you're playing HIM, not the table.
  • edited December 2009
    the 2 calling stations should be easy money, turn up a bit late and make sure when u sit you have position on them.
  • edited December 2009
    with in ten min you can work out whos a fish  tight  loose goose play the player not the cards
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to how do you deal with a range of different playing styles,all sat on the same table??:
    hi all ,ive been playing a bit of live poker down my brothers pub for the last couple of  months ,either a friday night or sunday afternoon ,or sometimes both .......they are players i didnt know ,and were kind enough to let me join in for a game .........after a few weeks i realised that my playing style was not gonna work on this table ,and i had to change ........on my table i had a tight player ,an allin merchant ,2 players calling any raise with any 2 cards ,a guy who never raises even with aa pre flop ,and a persistant bluffer .............basically a nightmare table lol ...........obviously you can deal with possibly 2 of the above ,but to have them all sat at the same table is horrendous ..........its taken me a couple of months ,but i won 1st game last week ,there was no way i was giving up till i won one .........its a nightmare to play poker there ,but ive never had so much fun ,friendly banter,horrendous calls ,all in with air on the flop, that actually work out ,turn and river ,so funny...........going back to my question ,how do you deal with a range of different playing styles,all sat on the same table ??????????........ten
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    leave imo
  • edited December 2009
    Play differently against each player. If they are loose play tight, if they are tight play loose. Just look who has to act after you before you do anything.